Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,536

Re: Around the NBA 12 

Post#821 » by GoBobs » Tue May 7, 2024 11:38 pm

GoBobs wrote:
MugzZo wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Remember when Melo vs Ant was a legit debate?

Well those debates are long gone.
I do, and it will never be a debate again. Melo is flash no substance. Ant man is both at once. He's a superstar.

Sent from my SM-F936U using RealGM mobile app

Ant is also the third highest paid guy on his team. He plays for an organization that went out and spent money and mortgaged the future to try and win now.

We have an organization that is trying to tank. Lowest payroll in the league most years. One of the lowest paid coaches every year. Retreading a coach that we already realized isn't a difference maker.

In the last 20 years we haven't sniffed being a contender. OKC got a franchise, became a contender and then tore it all down and became a contender again in that same time span. We trash bro. We a clown show organization. LeMelo isn't the problem. The Hornets organization is the problem. If you can't be good within a 20 year time span, you trash.

MasterIchiro wrote:Gee, I wish the Hornets mortgaged their future for Rudy Gobert instead of drafting Mark because Mark Williams is just collecting a paycheck and milking the trash Hornets.

I didn't like the Gobert trade when they made it. I didn't like the Mitchel trade the Cavs made either, but I wish we were in the second round instead of those guys.

Knicks hired a win now coach (Tibs), and the Pacers hired a win now coach. All those teams took a shot and spent money on something. Bulls took a shot and it didn't work out.

We have never invested in winning by signing a coach to a big deal. That helps in the NBA because it empowers the coach.

We have a history of mostly firing the coach after 1 or 2 years. Most of the guys who get fired from being the coach of the Hornets don't go on to bigger and better things. It shouldn't be a surprise that nobody wants the job that bad.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,105

Post#822 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue May 7, 2024 11:40 pm

Jamal Murray only gets a 100k fine. Lol what a joke.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 997

Post#823 » by wilson115 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:48 am

Grew up in Greensboro. Any way we get him in a Hornets uniform?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,712

Post#824 » by fatlever » Wed May 8, 2024 7:33 pm

who wins the most rings in next 5 years - okc or minny?
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,705

Post#825 » by yosemiteben » Wed May 8, 2024 7:47 pm

fatlever wrote:who wins the most rings in next 5 years - okc or minny?

Gotta be OKC, they're young, currently cheap, and have a boatload of assets.

MIN is going to be extremely expensive to keep together without a lot of young assets other than core pieces and without a lot of draft assets that they sent for Gobert.
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 949

Post#826 » by MugzZo » Thu May 9, 2024 2:16 am

I really want hartenstein in free agency, but there's no way the Knicks don't pay him.

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,617

Post#827 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 9, 2024 2:21 am

MugzZo wrote:I really want hartenstein in free agency, but there's no way the Knicks don't pay him.

They can't offer him over 15mil because of his bird rights or something. Already discussed it with Knicks fan he's the guy I want in FA.

Offer him 20mil a year and the starting role. See if he takes the bait.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,262

Post#828 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu May 9, 2024 2:28 am

Man Brunson is such a smooth, smart and crafty player. I love watching him play.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,307

Post#829 » by amcoolio » Thu May 9, 2024 2:29 am

It's incredible how bad Haliburton is on defense. He's on Team USA too. I've never been impressed with him
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#830 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu May 9, 2024 2:37 am

amcoolio wrote:It's incredible how bad Haliburton is on defense. He's on Team USA too. I've never been impressed with him

Pads stats in the regular season but when playoffs start and people actually play he's ****
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
MugzZo
Sixth Man

Post#831 » by MugzZo » Thu May 9, 2024 2:38 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
MugzZo wrote:I really want hartenstein in free agency, but there's no way the Knicks don't pay him.

They can't offer him over 15mil because of his bird rights or something. Already discussed it with Knicks fan he's the guy I want in FA.

It's not a strong free agency class but yes I'd give him 20 mil and say we are bringing you in to start. Such an excellent role player. A winner! He will bring more leadership to pair with grant Williams. You need guys like that.

Jalen Brunson is a damn superstar for what it's worth. That Villanova trio is so fun to watch! This Knicks team is fun to watch in general.

JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#832 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 9, 2024 2:52 am

MugzZo wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

It's not a strong free agency class but yes I'd give him 20 mil and say we are bringing you in to start. Such an excellent role player. A winner! He will bring more leadership to pair with grant Williams. You need guys like that.

Jalen Brunson is a damn superstar for what it's worth. That Villanova trio is so fun to watch! This Knicks team is fun to watch in general.

Agreed we have to spend that 30 mil and Getting a reliable center is probably the best outcome. We don't have to spend our lottery pick on a center.
MugzZo
Sixth Man

Post#833 » by MugzZo » Thu May 9, 2024 3:06 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
MugzZo wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:They can't offer him over 15mil because of his bird rights or something. Already discussed it with Knicks fan he's the guy I want in FA.

Agreed we have to spend that 30 mil and Getting a reliable center is probably the best outcome. We don't have to spend our lottery pick on a center.
Lottery pick on Holland and sign hartenstein. I don't know how I feel about miles. I'd be cool with a sign and trade.

JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#834 » by JustBuzzin » Thu May 9, 2024 3:09 am

MugzZo wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
MugzZo wrote:It's not a strong free agency class but yes I'd give him 20 mil and say we are bringing you in to start. Such an excellent role player. A winner! He will bring more leadership to pair with grant Williams. You need guys like that.

Lottery pick on Holland and sign hartenstein. I don't know how I feel about miles. I'd be cool with a sign and trade.

I'm still not sold on Holland, but I get your vision.

I personally like Castle/Risacher over Holland.
MugzZo
Sixth Man

Post#835 » by MugzZo » Thu May 9, 2024 3:10 am

I feel like trading Melo and bridges for good pieces can change the culture. I don't think either of them are good for the hornets new culture they are trying to establish.

Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#836 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu May 9, 2024 4:39 am

MugzZo wrote:I feel like trading Melo and bridges for good pieces can change the culture. I don't think either of them are good for the hornets new culture they are trying to establish.

God bless.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,712

Post#837 » by fatlever » Thu May 9, 2024 5:07 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
SWedd523 wrote:Disingenuous stat pulling at it's finest

A team giving big minutes to Al Jeff, Kemba, McBob, and featured guys like Ramon Sessions and Gary Neal.

Let's please not pretend like the two are similar

If they were in fact a top 5 defense I'm not sure how that would've been disingenuous?
I meant to come back to this.
Obviously the defensive styles of current Minnesota and old Clifford are very different. Clifford engineered a top 10 defense through a very stubborn system of the following:
- pack the paint
- don't foul
- get back on defense and don't chase offensive rebounds
- everyone crashed the boards for defensive rebounds
- don't gamble on steals
- try not to double team
- stick mkg on the best perimeter player and hope he doesn't get lit up for 60

You would never have seen that team swarming an offensive player with multiple Defenders 30 ft from the basket. That's spo type stuff, not cliff.

Thing with Cliff's defense is there wasn't much room for tactical changes especially not with Al Jefferson and Kemba Walker.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,958

Post#838 » by Diop » Fri May 10, 2024 2:30 am

bloody Aussies wilting in the playoffs. I swear the last aussie to stand up and perform was Dellavedova with the Cavs.

Oh and Jo Ingles trolling Paul George, that was great.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,667

Post#839 » by EmpireFalls » Fri May 10, 2024 4:19 am

Classic random PJ heater game tonight. I do miss him, despite Grant winning me over. When he was on, like tonight, he was so fun to watch. Hope he continues this play.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#840 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri May 10, 2024 4:51 am

EmpireFalls wrote:Classic random PJ heater game tonight. I do miss him, despite Grant winning me over. When he was on, like tonight, he was so fun to watch. Hope he continues this play.

I still love that trade. Basically an unprotected future first is a gold mine. Who knows what the future holds

Return to Charlotte Hornets