luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Re: Around the NBA 12 

Post#621 » by luciano-davidwesley » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:56 am

KembaWalker wrote:
lmcguir15 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:To the surprise of no one, Mavs drop a game and suddenly they all realize PJ sucks. Guess PJail couldn’t lock up Myles Turner, who could have seen that coming

Gafford has been significantly better for what Dallas is looking for -- post defense and rebounding. PJ hangs out in the corner and waits for a kickout and shocker, if he's not hitting, his positive impact on a game goes way down.

Maybe Dallas is good enough to get PJ's attention, but bottom line he was sleepwalking in Charlotte.

I won’t trash on him too much, he’s had like 5 crappy games in a row so that means there’s a 30 pt game comin any day now

That's PJ's thing - amazing one day, awful the next.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#622 » by JMAC3 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:55 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
lmcguir15 wrote:
Gafford has been significantly better for what Dallas is looking for -- post defense and rebounding. PJ hangs out in the corner and waits for a kickout and shocker, if he's not hitting, his positive impact on a game goes way down.

Maybe Dallas is good enough to get PJ's attention, but bottom line he was sleepwalking in Charlotte.

I won’t trash on him too much, he’s had like 5 crappy games in a row so that means there’s a 30 pt game comin any day now

Dallas doesn't need PJ scoring 15 ppg. Luka, Kyrie and THJ are the only guys on their team who shoot the ball with any type of volume. The rest of the guys just stand around and hope to be left wide open when teams double.

None of what he does right now matters, it will come down to him making corner 3s in playoffs to whether the media/Dallas fans like him.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#623 » by luciano-davidwesley » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:47 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:

Dallas doesn't need PJ scoring 15 ppg. Luka, Kyrie and THJ are the only guys on their team who shoot the ball with any type of volume. The rest of the guys just stand around and hope to be left wide open when teams double.

None of what he does right now matters, it will come down to him making corner 3s in playoffs to whether the media/Dallas fans like him.

PJ preferred taking threes from up top for us so I'm not sure he's used to getting to the corners. It might be an adjustment for him.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,133

Post#624 » by JDR720 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:08 pm

PJ has been worse for Dallas than he was for us. I think it's just hard for perimeter players to play well with Luka/Kyrie since they're so ball dominant.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,501

Post#625 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:21 pm

Honestly I haven't watched PJ since the trade. I don't care to watch him.

He was a decent player his time here, but we desperately needed a vocal veteran in this locker room. Grant was a upgrade the moment we made the trade.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#626 » by JMAC3 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:59 pm

Kyrie and Luka 53 shots combined.
PJ 8 shots, Green 8 shots, Lively 4 shots.

PJ was +17 in a game they lost. 11 pts

Rozier was +8, 19 pts, 4 assists on 14 shots.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#627 » by fatlever » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:07 pm

Terry Rozier says he is willing to adjust his game in order to win more games

“Just understanding going from losing to winning, man. Whatever you gotta do to get over that hump to win, I’m all for it. I don’t care if I gotta play in the dunker every night, if I gotta set screens, I’m all about winning.”

so... is Terry saying he wasn't willing to do those things for us? you know, share the ball, hustle, defend... no wonder cliff made a comment about finally having guys who try on defense. we all knew terry could defend better if it was a priority for him. so happy we cleared that salary and got a pick. never gonna win anything with terry and gordon as your team's vet role models.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#628 » by SWedd523 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:40 pm

fatlever wrote:

“Just understanding going from losing to winning, man. Whatever you gotta do to get over that hump to win, I’m all for it. I don’t care if I gotta play in the dunker every night, if I gotta set screens, I’m all about winning.”

so... is Terry saying he wasn't willing to do those things for us? you know, share the ball, hustle, defend... no wonder cliff made a comment about finally having guys who try on defense. we all knew terry could defend better if it was a priority for him. so happy we cleared that salary and got a pick. never gonna win anything with terry and gordon as your team's vet role models.

exactly my take as well reading that quote and before reading your reaction.

Now you're willing to do what it takes to win but not before? Sounds good bro.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#629 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:36 am

fatlever wrote:

Terry and Hayward were awful role models. Terry is super immature and Gordon just gives zero f***s.

Hayward quote at 0:42 onwards
"I learned from Earl Watson. The NBA is a grind, there a going to be LOTS of games where you do NOT want to play the game. For whatever reason, your body's not feeling it (lol), you've got stuff going on at the house (gaming, chess, family problems), whatever it is and you gotta be able to turn the professional switch on like it's a job and you gotta perform whether you feel like it or not. That's what I try to tell the young guys, turn on the switch lets get it done."

LMAO. "The NBA can be a bit of a pain in the ass sometimes guys, just try to be a pro if you hate playing like me". Can you imagine Kobe saying this to his team mates back in the day? Earl Watson what a great vet though lol.

The guy is/was mailing it in so hard the last few years and is obviously so jaded from doing this for too long. The money is too good to pass up though. Hayward is that guy that's been in the same job for 40 years, hates it but won't leave until his extra pension matures.

Thank God he is gone. I have no doubt he was dogging his rehab and/or misleading medical staff about his progress to avoid playing some games. Look at the history of how many times he was out WAY longer than a normal prognosis for that type of injury. Also just the insane regularity of him getting injured. Hayward was taking sickies for sure. Actions>Words
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,656

Post#630 » by yosemiteben » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:35 pm

Very happy with Miller, but man we were only one pick away from Wemby. He is unbelievable.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#631 » by SWedd523 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:50 pm

Such is life for Hornets

Dwight, AD, etc

a 4/5 of Wemby and Mark would be delectable
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#632 » by UNCNYC » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:22 pm

I am probably the only person on earth who doesn't have LeBron James in his top 10 all time. I do however think he is the easist player to build a team with tho.

The reason why I don't is LeBron is primarily a PG. Off the ball he is nothing SPECIAL. With the ball in his hands is ALL WORLD. I don't believe in putting centers or PG's in the top ten because imo you can't put anyone to play with them.

For instance I can't draft Magic Johnson if I already have LeBron James, or I can't draft Shaq if I already have Chamberlan. Imo if you are GREAT you should be able to play with ANYONE. Why should I have to draft around your greatness lol.

Don't get me wrong these are great players, I just have others who are better

I have

1. Jordan
2. Kwai Leonard
3. Curry
4. Kobe
5. Not sure yet

Reason I love all those guys is because I can draft ANYONE to play along side them. Thats true greatness. I can draft Kobe to play along side Jordan etc... Of course I can do that with LeBron but lebron imo would not be the best in the league if he did not play PG
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#633 » by UNCNYC » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:00 pm

One more thing, if Kevin Durant ever wins a damn chip on his own or near that its overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm drafting him over errbody lol. Easiest dude ever to build a chip around *if he wins one*

Thats why I have Hakeem Olojuwan as the greatest Center of all time. I can draft ANY OTHER CENTER to play along with him.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#634 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:45 pm

SWedd523 wrote:Such is life for Hornets

Dwight, AD, etc

a 4/5 of Wemby and Mark would be delectable

Hey we had Dwight at the end of his prime. :D
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#635 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:47 pm

yosemiteben wrote:Very happy with Miller, but man we were only one pick away from Wemby. He is unbelievable.

There was no way the NBA was going to let Wemby in Charlotte. They always screw us over when it comes to generational big men.

The crazy part in any other draft Miller would be a big deal. Wemby is just a unicorn so it gets overlooked. I'm very happy with Miller though.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#636 » by luciano-davidwesley » Fri Mar 1, 2024 9:49 pm

UNCNYC wrote:I am probably the only person on earth who doesn't have LeBron James in his top 10 all time. I do however think he is the easist player to build a team with tho.

The reason why I don't is LeBron is primarily a PG. Off the ball he is nothing SPECIAL. With the ball in his hands is ALL WORLD. I don't believe in putting centers or PG's in the top ten because imo you can't put anyone to play with them.

For instance I can't draft Magic Johnson if I already have LeBron James, or I can't draft Shaq if I already have Chamberlan. Imo if you are GREAT you should be able to play with ANYONE. Why should I have to draft around your greatness lol.

I have

1. Jordan
2. Kwai Leonard
3. Curry
4. Kobe
5. Not sure yet

Reason I love all those guys is because I can draft ANYONE to play along side them. Thats true greatness. I can draft Kobe to play along side Jordan etc... Of course I can do that with LeBron but lebron imo would not be the best in the league if he did not play PG

Yeah that not sure yet guy had a super underrated career and it's a travesty people are putting Magic, LeBron, Duncan, Wilt, Shaq, Bird and Russell above him in their top 5 debates still to this day.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#637 » by UNCNYC » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:01 pm

UNCNYC wrote:I am probably the only person on earth who doesn't have LeBron James in his top 10 all time. I do however think he is the easist player to build a team with tho.

I have

1. Jordan
2. Kwai Leonard
3. Curry
4. Kobe
5. Not sure yet

Yeah that not sure yet guy had a super underrated career and it's a travesty people are putting Magic, LeBron, Duncan, Wilt, Shaq, Bird and Russell above him in their top 5 debates still to this day.

lmao
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,708

Post#638 » by MPM » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:52 pm

Dude. Celts beating Dubs 82-38 at halftime. 82 to 38. Halftime.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#639 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:23 pm

MPM wrote:Dude. Celts beating Dubs 82-38 at halftime. 82 to 38. Halftime.

Curry needs to come on home. GSW run is over. Those guys are past their primes now. It's crazy there is talk of them keeping them together.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#640 » by luciano-davidwesley » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:31 am

Hayward for OKC is averaging 2.6/3.8/0.8 in 14.4 minutes per game on 25/0/100 shooting.

He's scored 0 points in 3 out of 5 games so far.

Batum would be proud.

Return to Charlotte Hornets