ImageImage

BrandHIM Miller: The Brandon Miller Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,239

BrandHIM Miller: The Brandon Miller Thread 

Post#1 » by amcoolio » Wed May 17, 2023 1:09 am

The #2 pick, and I think it's between 3 players, since the draft is already not that far away and there isn't a lot of time like the NFL draft for players to rise/fall

I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Re: The Brandon Miller Thread 

Post#2 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed May 17, 2023 6:46 am

He can shoot pass and defend. I'll take it.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#3 » by wilson115 » Wed May 17, 2023 7:19 am

I respect both their takes. Hmm.

vexco
Pro Prospect
And1: 183

Post#4 » by vexco » Wed May 17, 2023 7:45 am

Unbelievable fit with Lamelo, imo. All on board if he's the pick. As much as I like Scoot, he can't shoot and he's tiny.
mapquest me
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 831

Post#5 » by KingCat » Wed May 17, 2023 8:03 am

People call him a good fit cause he is a tall guy that can kinda shoot. That is super valuable but also has become a dime a dozen in today's league.

When picking this high in a draft this good, you gotta go for best talent imo.
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#6 » by luciano-davidwesley » Wed May 17, 2023 9:26 am

KingCat wrote:People call him a good fit cause he is a tall guy that can kinda shoot. That is super valuable but also has become a dime a dozen in today's league.

Kinda shoot?

Dude be real, his shooting is ELITE for his age
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#7 » by wilson115 » Wed May 17, 2023 11:30 am

(sigh) Starting to come around to Miller at #2 thanks to Spinella's take. Just worried about the defense holding up its end looking at recent history. If arguably the best scoring backcourt D-Mitch and Garland--backstopped by one of the best defensive big man duos Mobley and Allen--couldn't get out of the first round.... (sigh)

Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#8 » by Snidely FC » Wed May 17, 2023 11:30 am

In first post lottery mock, ESPN+ Jonathan Givony has Hornets taking Brandon Miller at 2:
A 6-9 guard who can facilitate, hit jumpers from anywhere on the floor and demonstrates strong defensive versatility, Miller is the archetypal player every NBA team is currently searching for. He's an easy fit on any roster thanks to his ability to play shooting guard through power forward, and would benefit from the shot-creation prowess of LaMelo Ball, while having the leeway to develop into a primary playmaker in his own right.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#9 » by King Ken » Wed May 17, 2023 11:43 am

Miller makes sense if you plan on resigning Miles Bridges

Ball
Miller
Bridges
Washington
Williams

Or

Ball
Miller
Hayward
Bridges
Williams
King Ken
General Manager

Post#10 » by King Ken » Wed May 17, 2023 11:45 am

vexco wrote:Unbelievable fit with Lamelo, imo. All on board if he's the pick. As much as I like Scoot, he can't shoot and he's tiny.

Miller needed a premium shot creator to play next to and he will get that is a win.
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#11 » by countryboi » Wed May 17, 2023 12:17 pm

this reminds me so much of the Panthers debate with Young and Stroud and just like that debate I will be happy with either player. you can make a great argument for both
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
King Ken
General Manager

Post#12 » by King Ken » Wed May 17, 2023 1:10 pm

countryboi wrote:this reminds me so much of the Panthers debate with Young and Stroud and just like that debate I will be happy with either player. you can make a great argument for both

Size wasn't a factor with that decision but it maybe the deciding factor here.
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 831

Post#13 » by KingCat » Wed May 17, 2023 1:45 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:
KingCat wrote:People call him a good fit cause he is a tall guy that can kinda shoot. That is super valuable but also has become a dime a dozen in today's league.

Kinda shoot?

Feels like shooting is one of those skills that don't always transfers to a pro level so I am skeptical at calling it a major strength of his.

I like this pick if we were choosing from 3-6, but we got blessed with the 2nd pick. Choosing him purely cause he is the better "fit" is mind-boggling. A poverty franchise like us needs to pick for talent everytime. Let's worry about potential playoff match ups when we aren't getting blown out in the playing anymore.
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#14 » by JMAC3 » Wed May 17, 2023 1:47 pm

Prime Middleton is a pretty easy comparison for him to get to, not limiting to that but his size, versatility, shot making and ability to be a primary perimeter scorer all fit the bill.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#15 » by SWedd523 » Wed May 17, 2023 2:33 pm

KingCat wrote:
luciano-davidwesley wrote:

Kinda shoot?

Feels like shooting is one of those skills that don't always transfers to a pro level so I am skeptical at calling it a major strength of his.

I like this pick if we were choosing from 3-6, but we got blessed with the 2nd pick. Choosing him purely cause he is the better "fit" is mind-boggling. A poverty franchise like us needs to pick for talent everytime. Let's worry about potential playoff match ups when we aren't getting blown out in the playing anymore.

He's been a favorite at 2 or 3 for most of the draft cycle. It's not like he's considered the 10th best player
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#16 » by JMAC3 » Wed May 17, 2023 2:49 pm

This whole "Fit" Narrative is pretty funny.
People bringing up Wiseman over LaMelo because of fit is an awful example.
Same as it would be with Dame and Scoot.

You don't consider fit when the guy you're drafting is 20 years old and the guy you are worried about him fitting with is 34.
It is a bit different though when you are saying your two best players at age 21 and 20 potentially aren't a good fit together.
If it isn't a good fit are you fine just shipping one of them off in a year?

but Yeah, the Hawks selecting Scoot to play with Trae because they have Scoot is graded a 96 and Miller a 94 doesn't mean it is the right decision.
Big Board
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#17 » by countryboi » Wed May 17, 2023 5:38 pm

King Ken wrote:
countryboi wrote:this reminds me so much of the Panthers debate with Young and Stroud and just like that debate I will be happy with either player. you can make a great argument for both

Size wasn't a factor with that decision but it maybe the deciding factor here.

I feel like you messing with me because size was all they talked about. Young is 5'11 200 pounds and Stroud is 6'5 215, in the end The Panthers took the shorter player because he is better at football. So for the Hornets i guess that means Scoot is the guy.
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#18 » by NCHeels2008 » Wed May 17, 2023 5:52 pm

JMAC3 wrote:This whole "Fit" Narrative is pretty funny.

You don't consider fit when the guy you're drafting is 20 years old and the guy you are worried about him fitting with is 34.
It is a bit different though when you are saying your two best players at age 21 and 20 potentially aren't a good fit together.

but Yeah, the Hawks selecting Scoot to play with Trae because they have Scoot is graded a 96 and Miller a 94 doesn't mean it is the right decision.

This isn't like drafting 2 QBs, LaMelo can work off the ball and might leave anyways. By the time this franchise gets its **** together we will probably have this pick and Mark Williams as the building blocks. I'd prefer the guy who went blow for blow with the number 1 pick not the guy auditioning for Blow.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#19 » by JMAC3 » Wed May 17, 2023 6:36 pm

NCHeels2008 wrote:

This isn't like drafting 2 QBs, LaMelo can work off the ball and might leave anyways. By the time this franchise gets its **** together we will probably have this pick and Mark Williams as the building blocks. I'd prefer the guy who went blow for blow with the number 1 pick not the guy auditioning for Blow.

LaMelo is at his best with the ball tho.
Fox and Haliburton is a great example. Theoretically Haliburton is awesome off the ball and shots 40% from 3, doesn't mean the tandem worked. Haliburton and Fox both were better on own teams.
Big Board
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#20 » by NCHeels2008 » Wed May 17, 2023 7:07 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
NCHeels2008 wrote:

LaMelo is at his best with the ball tho.
Fox and Haliburton is a great example. Theoretically Haliburton is awesome off the ball and shots 40% from 3, doesn't mean the tandem worked. Haliburton and Fox both were better on own teams.

The most heliocentric players in the league Harden and Luka still needed a Brunson/Paul type. Also drafting Haliburton gave them the ammo to get Sabonis had they gone "fit" they'd have another bonified scrub.

Return to Charlotte Hornets