ImageImage

2024 Draft Prospects

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,796

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects 

Post#1221 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 pm

Matas Buzelis is another guy I wouldn't be mad with. His ability to handle the ball at that size is pretty intriguing. He's one of the few in this draft who has a high ceiling if he could put it all together.

As for his position I think he would likely be our stretch pf especially if we bring Bridges back.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,172

Post#1222 » by JMAC3 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm

Updated Big Board

Tier 1- Franchise Players/All Star locks
- none

Tier 2- Starters with AllStar Upside
1. Nikola Topic
2. Ron Holland
3. Alex Sarr

Tier 3- Balanced Starters
4. Zaccharie Risacher
5. Stephon Castle
6. Cody Williams

Tier 4- Talented, but bust potential
7. Matas Buzelis
8. Isaiah Collier
9. Rob Dillingham
10. Tidjane Saluan

Tier 5- Low End Starters/Key Bench
11. Jakobe Walter
12. Donovan Clingan
13. Dalton Knecht
14. Kyle Filipowski
15. Reed Sheppard

Tier 6- Best of Rest
16. Dalton Holmes
17. Bub Carrington
18. Johnny Furphy
19. Tyler Smith
20. Jared McCain
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1223 » by JMAC3 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:36 pm

I have created individualized threads for the top 4 guys on my board, because IMO if we land the #1 pick or #2 pick then we really should only be considering that group, but if we fall into the 4-7 range the conversation opens up a ton.
Big Board
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,523

Post#1224 » by LofJ » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 pm

Sarr, Holland, and Topic are the only players I'd be excited to draft. I have to talk myself into everyone else.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#1225 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:10 pm

JMAC3 wrote:I have created individualized threads for the top 4 guys on my board, because IMO if we land the #1 pick or #2 pick then we really should only be considering that group, but if we fall into the 4-7 range the conversation opens up a ton.

What are your thoughts on Kyshawn George?

He seems to be rising as of late. I seen mocks with him in the lottery.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,841

Post#1226 » by Diop » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:20 am

Just to poke the bear, watching valanciunas and he’s not more mobile than edey but yet still relevant in playoff basketball
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,841

Post#1227 » by Diop » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:26 am

My half assed ranking/wish list
Sarr
Topic, Risacher
Holland
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#1228 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:45 am

I'm 80% confident Sarr/Castle will be the players they fall in love with during the combine and workouts. I know Clifford coaching the team will offer his input on what the team needs and he will 100% say we need some defenders who can help change the mentality of the team.

Assuming we bring Bridges back that gives us 3 core scorers moving forward with Melo/Miller/Miles. They will be looking for a defensive minded player with that pick. I think Sarr/Castle are most likely to be the pick if either is on the board.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,514

Post#1229 » by GoBobs » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:19 am

Expect Clifford to like:
Older guys
Players with size
Who ever the owner likes

Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#1230 » by Snidely FC » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:16 pm

My favorites in this draft:
Ron Holland
Cody Williams
Johnny Furphy
JaKobe Walter
Matas Buzelis
Stephon Castle
Harrison Ingram
Tristan DaSilva
Alex Karaban
Jalen Bridges
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#1231 » by Snidely FC » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:46 pm

btw prospects are required to get combine measurements starting this year:
Beginning in 2024, all invited players will be required to attend and participate in the NBA Draft Combine or be ineligible to be drafted until the "first subsequent draft for which the player attends and fully participates."

Participation will include league medical examinations, sharing of medical history and biomechanical and functional movement testing, as well as strength and agility testing, shooting drills, performance testing and anthropometric measurements. Players will also be required to conduct team interviews, media circuits, player development sessions and other assessments, as determined by the NBA in consultation with the NBPA. Players will not be compelled to compete in five-on-five scrimmaging, which typically only a handful of first-round prospects elect to participate in.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1232 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:53 pm

Diop wrote:Just to poke the bear, watching valanciunas and he’s not more mobile than edey but yet still relevant in playoff basketball

Valanciunas played a nearly perfect game for him and Larry Nance still played the closing mins over him.
Big Board
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,176

Post#1233 » by Rich4114 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:54 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
Diop wrote:Just to poke the bear, watching valanciunas and he’s not more mobile than edey but yet still relevant in playoff basketball

Valanciunas played a nearly perfect game for him and Larry Nance still played the closing mins over him.

I’d love either of them on our squad next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1234 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:59 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

I’d love either of them on our squad next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would rather draft a Nance type (Sarr) then another heavy footed behemoth like Mark. I know Mark health is concerning, but I would still lean towards a compliment then a replica.
Big Board
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#1235 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:02 pm

I'm still on the Castle bandwagon.

I know people want a star, but there is no star in this draft at least imo. This will be the draft of the best role players. Castle to me is the best fit for our team. We can't keep ignoring defense. We have 3 scorers with Melo/Miller/Miles. If we can surround them with a defensive big and wing that would take our team to another level. Miller has shown he will at least try to play defense.

Assuming Mark gets back healthy we have a potential balanced starting lineup with offense and defense next season.

Melo
Castle
Miller
Miles
Mark
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,549

Post#1236 » by HornetJail » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:03 pm

considering neither Mark or JV is actually a big minute guy even when healthy, and I think you can probably survive some matchups playing them 6-8 mpg together, sign me up. Unfortunately JV will feast on Holmgren this series and will get too pricey for us.

But yes I agree Sarr is probably the dream, since he probably can play alongside Mark and behind him... and has much more future potential
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#1237 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:15 pm

HornetJail wrote:considering neither Mark or JV is actually a big minute guy even when healthy, and I think you can probably survive some matchups playing them 6-8 mpg together, sign me up. Unfortunately JV will feast on Holmgren this series and will get too pricey for us.

But yes I agree Sarr is probably the dream, since he probably can play alongside Mark and behind him... and has much more future potential

Sarr/Castle

We draft either of these 2 I'm cool. Offensive players is cool, but you have to have clear roles on younger teams. We don't need another player coming in fighting for shots when we already have the 3 M's.

Sarr/Mark frontcourt will cause havoc on defense. I'm starting to love the Sarr pick the more I watch him.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1238 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:44 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:I'm still on the Castle bandwagon.

I know people want a star, but there is no star in this draft at least imo. This will be the draft of the best role players. Castle to me is the best fit for our team. We can't keep ignoring defense. We have 3 scorers with Melo/Miller/Miles. If we can surround them with a defensive big and wing that would take our team to another level. Miller has shown he will at least try to play defense.

Assuming Mark gets back healthy we have a potential balanced starting lineup with offense and defense next season.

Melo
Castle
Miller
Miles
Mark

We had the 28th best offense in the league, yes LaMelo out hurts but we also aren't loaded with offensive talent after trading Terry, Gordon and PJ. Right now, Grant Williams would likely be our 4th best scorer based on this, which is probably not a good bet if your thesis is we don't need scoring. You are also assuming Melo, Miles and Miller are healthy the majority of the year.

You are also assuming Miles is 100% back, which I lean heavily, but not guaranteed.

We do need defense, but I think it's a really big stretch to assume offense is fine with this current group.
Big Board
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#1239 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:52 pm

JMAC3 wrote:

Melo
Castle
Miller
Miles
Mark

We had the 28th best offense in the league, yes LaMelo out hurts but we also aren't loaded with offensive talent after trading Terry, Gordon and PJ. Right now, Grant Williams would likely be our 4th best scorer based on this, which is probably not a good bet if your thesis is we don't need scoring. You are also assuming Melo, Miles and Miller are healthy the majority of the year.

You are also assuming Miles is 100% back, which I lean heavily, but not guaranteed.

We do need defense, but I think it's a really big stretch to assume offense is fine with this current group.

My question who in this draft is a elite scorer?

Are you suggesting we take Knecht or Dillingham?
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#1240 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:02 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Melo
Castle
Miller
Miles
Mark

My question who in this draft is a elite scorer?

Are you suggesting we take Knecht or Dillingham?

Not necessarily, I just think you are pushing a narrative that isn't true. There is also a good chance that both Miles and Melo scoring goes down based on Miller scoring going up so probably some cannibalization ala what we saw when Terry went to Miami. Having another guy that can be a 12 ppg scorer off the bench next year with upside to be more is probably not an immediate answer but it gives us some options that we probably need.

Also, you can be a good offensive player by adding spacing such as a Risacher that gives the rest of the offense easier scoring opportunities, Castle is probably the opposite and would make scoring harder when he is on the floor vs the standard NBA guard.
Big Board

Return to Charlotte Hornets