Re: GT: Charlotte vs Lakers 2/5 7PM EST 

Post#42 » by JDR720 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:28 am

Read on Twitter
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,186

Post#43 » by Rich4114 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:32 am

JMAC3 wrote:Miller scoring is 1 thing, but he is flashing real takeover ability where he can rattle off 10-12 points in 2 min stretches. Dude is a stud. I am going to go to sleep tonight believing Mitch reads RGM and was influenced by my months of Stanning.

Miles with 21 pts in the first half, 20 in the 2nd half. Miller makes peanuts. Keep both and let LaMelo feed them.

This team misses having 2 real centers. Whenever Richards is out it is a free for all on the boards and at the rim. Especially in the 4th when Nick wasn't out there.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed how bad Richards is like every game. I want Mark next season and a legit backup C. Nick should be a third C, I canโ€™t imagine it wouldโ€™ve been worse with Kai at C.
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 831

Post#44 » by KingCat » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:37 am

Rich4114 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:Miller scoring is 1 thing, but he is flashing real takeover ability where he can rattle off 10-12 points in 2 min stretches. Dude is a stud. I am going to go to sleep tonight believing Mitch reads RGM and was influenced by my months of Stanning.

Miles with 21 pts in the first half, 20 in the 2nd half. Miller makes peanuts. Keep both and let LaMelo feed them.

This team misses having 2 real centers. Whenever Richards is out it is a free for all on the boards and at the rim. Especially in the 4th when Nick wasn't out there.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed how bad Richards is like every game. I want Mark next season and a legit backup C. Nick should be a third C, I canโ€™t imagine it wouldโ€™ve been worse with Kai at C.

I agree. Feel like it's an unpopular opinion around here but he is terrible. Sadly he is forced to be like our 3rd of 4th best player considering our situation.
Your Charlotte Hornets! Weโ€™ll eventually get something right;right?
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,256

Post#45 » by luciano-davidwesley » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:38 am

Rich4114 wrote:

Richards is clearly better than Kai and it's not close
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,200

Post#46 » by JMAC3 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:43 am

Richards is a backup, but what I was saying is that we are basically helpless on rebounding and rim protection when we play small and he is on the bench.

If Clifford had any type of a 3rd center instead of Mensah I think we significantly more competitive in like 30-40% of these games. But teams just bully us when we play small.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,256

Post#47 » by luciano-davidwesley » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:10 am

I also want to point out how lethal Miller is coming off screens. He must have scored close to half of his points off Nick Richards screens. Those two are building chemistry together.

We really could use with bigs that set good screens because Miller is so effective in these spots.

It will also open up playmaking opportunities for Miller out of the pick and roll as he becomes an even better passer. He's going to create a lot of gravity for other guys to get open shots as the roller or corner shooter.
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 973

Post#48 » by wilson115 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:31 am

You make it sound like that's up to us in Miles's case. Richard's production and his contract make sense for the franchise though.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,911

Post#49 » by Diop » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:30 am

I can see Charlotte keeping miles and pj, hopefully cutting the bench trash and signing vets.

A new coach and vets could turn the culture around. Injuries permitting
NMBSurfin
Sophomore
And1: 62

Post#50 » by NMBSurfin » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:19 pm

Charlotte Hornets PR
@HornetsPR
ยท
1h
@hornets
G/F
@brandmillerr
last night vs. Los Angeles:

-33 PTS
-13 FG (career high)
-5 3P
-4 STL (career high)

He joins Stephen Curry and LeBron James as the only rookies in NBA history to meet those thresholds in a game.

Return to Charlotte Hornets