ImageImage

So who do you want as HC for next season?

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,229

Re: So who do you want as HC for next season? 

Post#41 » by JMAC3 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:30 pm

Bud would be fine, probably the safest option.
I also like Cassell, Quinn, Charles Lee, Steve Nash.

Nash went 48-24 in yr one in Brooklyn. He did that while Durant and Harden each missed half the year.
Top 5 mins for season were Joe Harris, Kyrie, Jeff Green, Bruce Brown and Landry Shamet.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,198

Post#42 » by Rich4114 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:31 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Bud would be fine, probably the safest option.
I also like Cassell, Quinn, Charles Lee, Steve Nash.

Nash went 48-24 in yr one in Brooklyn. He did that while Durant and Harden each missed half the year.
Top 5 mins for season were Joe Harris, Kyrie, Jeff Green, Bruce Brown and Landry Shamet.

Certainly some benefit to having a former MVP PG as LaMelo's HC
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,584

Post#43 » by HornetJail » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:48 pm

Steve Nash's first go round as a HC was not pretty. Like most Doc Rivers teams, that team won games on pure talent. He's one of my 5-10 favorite players of all time, but I don't want to see him as our HC.

Give me Bud, with the proven track record of turning around teams that have been languishing in mediocrity
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,358

Post#44 » by JDR720 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 pm

Nash would get walked over by Melo/Miles etc. This team, even with our new vets, are still too immature at the top for a passive coach like Nash.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,402

Post#45 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:00 pm

No way on Nash. We need a culture changer HC. Someone the players will respect. Nash is happy go lucky kind of guy.
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#46 » by penquin11 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:03 am

It would be hilarious if Nash became our HC given that Clifford was under Nash in NJ as a coaching consultant.

I really just want to see Bud. Bud has only missed the playoffs once in his entire career. In 7 of those 9 seasons his team won at least one playoff series. This is a guy who has made the conference finals 3 times resulting in 1 NBA Title.

I don't understand why this would be a difficult decision. The dude is a renown teambuilder who has been immensley successful. We haven't even won a playoff series (since the Bobcats inception). We got so close in 2015 but haven't won a playoff series in 19 years..... Why wouldn't you hire the guy who has lead teams to playoffs in 9 of his 10 seasons....
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,229

Post#47 » by JMAC3 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:18 am

I don't get the whole Nash would get walked over thing. He is one of the top 75 players of all time, feel like the players would respect him over Cliff, Bud, Borrego who were never NBA players.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,938

Post#48 » by Diop » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:52 am

If we want the players to take notice and respect the coach then look no further than PrimozBrezec. That gangster will have them skipping
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,358

Post#49 » by JDR720 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:00 am

penquin11 wrote:It would be hilarious if Nash became our HC given that Clifford was under Nash in NJ as a coaching consultant.

I really just want to see Bud. Bud has only missed the playoffs once in his entire career. In 7 of those 9 seasons his team won at least one playoff series. This is a guy who has made the conference finals 3 times resulting in 1 NBA Title.

I don't understand why this would be a difficult decision. The dude is a renown teambuilder who has been immensley successful. We haven't even won a playoff series (since the Bobcats inception). We got so close in 2015 but haven't won a playoff series in 19 years..... Why wouldn't you hire the guy who has lead teams to playoffs in 9 of his 10 seasons....

I don't think it's a question of if we'd hire him or not, but if he'd want to be hired here.

He should have plenty of options. Why would he pick this one?
Goodecharlotte
Sophomore
And1: 129

Post#50 » by Goodecharlotte » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:30 am

I think he could be interested with the new owners in place, they clearly want to spend money to get this franchise back on track with the arena refurb and back ground infrastructure. Next would be getting the team back on which they've started already doing.
Let's get in a coach with experience who's done it at the top level, Bud's the man
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Post#51 » by Walt Cronkite » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:52 pm

I would be more than happy to give Nash a shot. Anyone associated with offense, really.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,538

Post#52 » by LofJ » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:02 pm

JDR720 wrote:
penquin11 wrote:It would be hilarious if Nash became our HC given that Clifford was under Nash in NJ as a coaching consultant.

I don't think it's a question of if we'd hire him or not, but if he'd want to be hired here.

That's the multimillion dollar question. The new front office and ownership need to have a compelling answer to it if they're serious about hiring him.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,103

Post#53 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:22 pm

LofJ wrote:
JDR720 wrote:

That's the multimillion dollar question. The new front office and ownership need to have a compelling answer to it if they're serious about hiring him.

Yeah, like $$$
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
WintaSoldier1
Junior
And1: 161

Post#54 » by WintaSoldier1 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:13 pm

JDR720 wrote:Nash would get walked over by Melo/Miles etc. This team, even with our new vets, are still too immature at the top for a passive coach like Nash.

I actually think Nash would be a solid option… I mean Bud is cool but we also have to understand that in the NBA it’s about team-fit for coaches… Bud has been apart of two organizations who had relatively mature/established teams and leaders which have bolstered his success and thus his reputation. The hornets currently don’t have anyone near those levels of NBA-maturity as a leader on the team or establishment.

I think Nash is the best option, Lamelo is only Lamelo in free-flowing, uptempo style basketball[ Which Nash is a expert at]… Nash doesn’t need to be a innovative genius or try and be a disciplinarian for the hornets. He just needs to be Steve Nash paired with good AC’s and we can build something
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,534

Post#55 » by GoBobs » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:00 pm

I wouldn't hate Marc Jackson

GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,534

Post#56 » by GoBobs » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:01 pm

but... the guy I really want is David Arseneault Jr., and I want us to run the Grinnell system. It is the perfect system for LaMelo.
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 926

Post#57 » by MugzZo » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:32 pm

BUD ....HIII...ERRRR

old budweiser frog joke

Sent from my SM-F936U using RealGM mobile app
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,402

Post#58 » by JustBuzzin » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:50 pm

GoBobs wrote:I wouldn't hate Marc Jackson

Mark Jackson gets a bad rep for his past. But all the Warriors guys seemed to have respect for him and talk highly of him. Maybe he just didn't get along with ownership.

I wouldn't be mad at that hire. This guy was one of the best passers of all-time. Maybe he would help LaMelo settle down and play more under control as a PG.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,706

Post#59 » by fatlever » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:06 pm

Abso-fning-lutely not with Mark Jackson

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,538

Post#60 » by LofJ » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:34 pm

fatlever wrote:Abso-fning-lutely not with Mark Jackson

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

This, Jackson has a bad reputation for a reason. He's the last person we should want leading this team.

Return to Charlotte Hornets