ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread #6

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,064

Re: Fake Trade Thread #6 

Post#221 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:39 pm

LofJ wrote:I wonder if there's a market for Bertans' expiring contract? And what (if anything) we'd have to give up to swap him for someone like DeAndre Hunter. If we could pull off a trade like that and sign a decent veteran big man like Goga Bitadze we'd have real depth next season.

LaMelo/Micic/Curry
Miller/Mann/Smith
Hunter/Martin/Draft Pick
Bridges/Williams
Williams/Bitadze/Richards

Eh I dunno. I kinda like having a guy on the team that every time he releases a ball I think it's going in. He's such a goofy looking **** though. I'm a fan.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,268

Post#222 » by JDR720 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:58 pm

Could we cut Bertans and then re-sign him on a more team friendly deal?
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,175

Post#223 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:54 pm

JDR720 wrote:Could we cut Bertans and then re-sign him on a more team friendly deal?

I am not sure on this tbh
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,863

Post#224 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 am

Suns on the verge of getting swept by the Wolves.

They have 2 options trade Booker and get a real pg that fits with KD/Beal or trade KD and still be stuck with a Booker/Beal backcourt.

LaMelo/top 3 pick for Booker this off-season.

Suns gets a better fit and a facilitator for KD/Beal. They also get another quality player with a top 3 pick.

Charlotte gets Booker.

Sign CP3 this off-season and run with a CP3/Booker/Miller/Bridges/Mark lineup.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#225 » by JDR720 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:16 am

I was about to post something similar. Melo and whatever else for Booker.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#226 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 am

You guys are on drugs. Lamelo and a top 3 pick for Booker? I get the health issues for Lamelo but get the **** out of here. Lol.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,253

Post#227 » by amcoolio » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:You guys are on drugs. Lamelo and a top 3 pick for Booker? I get the health issues for Lamelo but get the **** out of here. Lol.

That's an easy trade for the Hornets lol what. Booker is a proven winner, all-NBA player who carried a team of Bridges and Ayton to 64-18 record. Has 6 good years left at the very least. Would be amazing with Miller and Bridges. I love LaMelo but I don't ever see him doing that
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#228 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:19 am

amcoolio wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:You guys are on drugs. Lamelo and a top 3 pick for Booker? I get the health issues for Lamelo but get the **** out of here. Lol.

That's an easy trade for the Hornets lol what. Booker is a proven winner, all-NBA player who carried a team of Bridges and Ayton to 64-18 record. Has 6 good years left at the very least. Would be amazing with Miller and Bridges. I love LaMelo but I don't ever see him doing that

I would absolutely not give Lamelo and this year's 1 thru 3 pick for Booker. I'll keep it at that.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#229 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 am

Can take booker over Lamelo. That's fine obviously. I'm not attaching a top pick. I don't care how supposedly weak this draft is.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,863

Post#230 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm

You must enjoy Melo for 20 games a year.

Booker is a all NBA kind of player. This is a easy decision for us.
CuseMayne
Sixth Man
And1: 1,373

Post#231 » by CuseMayne » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:00 am

JustBuzzin wrote:

You must enjoy Melo for 20 games a year.

Booker is a all NBA kind of player. This is a easy decision for us.

Yep. You take Booker imo. Dude's > Melo.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,554

Post#232 » by HornetJail » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:55 am

You won't hear me advocating for trading Melo, but if we're not confident in our pick becoming anything I absolutely get where this trade is coming from. Especially if Melo isn't taking his rehab seriously enough which only people behind the scenes will know.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#233 » by JDR720 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:41 am

Booker is better than Melo. The 3rd pick in this draft isn't likely to be that good either. If anything, the Suns will want Brandon instead of Melo.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#234 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:47 am

JDR720 wrote:Booker is better than Melo. The 3rd pick in this draft isn't likely to be that good either. If anything, the Suns will want Brandon instead of Melo.

You have no idea what the 3rd pick will become. Neither do I. The pick is what I would never give up
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,343

Post#235 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 am

The very same team (Suns) acquired a comparable star to Booker (KD) by trading their third option/4th options (Mikal Bridges/Cam Johnson) plus 4 (theoretically late) first round picks.

We are being held to a different standard here and LaMelo is being treated like damaged goods. He's our #2 option. And you can't win playoff games without a good solid playmaker running offense. Suns know that. Plus we give up a high lottery pick. It wasn't required for KD. Late firsts.

Hornets outgoing front office put is in a position where our draft cupboard is stocked to the point where we can outbid other teams whenever a star player like Booker becomes available. Not every team but many.

After completion of the coming season, we can shop 6 first round picks. We can use Miles as a base as the Suns used Mikal.

We are not there yet.

We need a full survey of this team playing healthy under a new coach.

I think we should be aiming lower like Trey Murphy III. Pelicans have cap issues. Given LaMelo, Miller and Miles can all score 20, all we need is a glue guy like Murphy III. And we need to make our top-5 selection.

Plenty of teams need a top PG (Pelicans/Suns who are getting swept or Wiz/Spurs who suck), and we should not be bailing them out by putting ourselves in their same unenviable position.

What do we do about a PG?

With three players capable of scoring 20, we are close enough to add using draft capital, instead of fillling one hole (lead scorer) by creating another. Plus Brandon profiles as a lead scorer, making Booker even more a surplus luxury.

Let the Pistons trade Cade (AND a top-5 pick lol).
It has been written...
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,175

Post#236 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:27 pm

The Suns aren't doing this trade. Even if the if the value is fair. They have no picks, they aren't trading their best player in their prime to play with a 36 yr old Durant.

Booker is without a doubt a better player then Melo, but the contracts are also vastly different. Booker is almost making 2x what Melo will be making
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!

Return to Charlotte Hornets