And1: 4,164

Re: Fake Trade Thread #6 

Post#161 » by JMAC3 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:07 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
They're in need of a franchise PG.

We are not.

If we are in position to draft someone they project strongly as franchise PG, who would you demand from their roster if they came calling, if not Suggs?

Just seems unlikely to me that they trade away their former top 5 pick PG that is breaking out so they can take another roll of the dice in the top 5 on a PG.

I agree Suggs is the most likely Magic target for us given their roster construction, I just don't get why they'd be that interested.

The trade hinges on the Magic evaluation of Topic. They'd have to really covet him as a bedrock piece of their core with Franz and Banchero. Magic would have to have Topic #1 on their board. In which case they solve their PG position longterm.

Do they consider Suggs universally untouchable? I'm not sure.

Topic isn't even a lock to be a top 5 pick right now. I think you overvaluing how many teams are lusting over trading established starters to get him.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#162 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:04 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Just seems unlikely to me that they trade away their former top 5 pick PG that is breaking out so they can take another roll of the dice in the top 5 on a PG.

I agree Suggs is the most likely Magic target for us given their roster construction, I just don't get why they'd be that interested.

The trade hinges on the Magic evaluation of Topic. They'd have to really covet him as a bedrock piece of their core with Franz and Banchero. Magic would have to have Topic #1 on their board. In which case they solve their PG position longterm.

Topic isn't even a lock to be a top 5 pick right now. I think you overvaluing how many teams are lusting over trading established starters to get him.

Multiple teams need a PG and Topic is the best playmaker/pure point in this class.
It has been written...
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#163 » by JMAC3 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:52 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Multiple teams need a PG and Topic is the best playmaker/pure point in this class.

Even if that ends up the case that still doesn't mean they are rushing to give away real talent for him.
Especially the Magic who just spent the 6th pick on a guard last year.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,625

Post#164 » by fatlever » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:57 pm

magic seem to love suggs as POA defender and culture setter. he's proven difference maker for them on rookie deal. they aren't trading him for a shot in the dark rookie point guard in a weak draft. thats not realistic.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#165 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:59 pm

fatlever wrote:magic seem to love suggs as POA defender and culture setter. he's proven difference maker for them on rookie deal. they aren't trading him for a shot in the dark rookie point guard in a weak draft. thats not realistic.

No front office should give him the superstar treatment Iike he's untouchable. Who knows where their front office stands on that. I don't consider Suggs untouchable. He's an elite role player who will never score enough to earn an All-Star appearance. Even Anunoby didn't command a top-5 pick on a rookie scale contract. And you could argue Anunoby is more impactful than Suggs.

The front office should be getting aggressive for his archetype. If not Suggs, someone like him.
It has been written...
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#166 » by SWedd523 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:05 pm

So is Suggs worth a top 5 pick or not?
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#167 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:11 pm

SWedd523 wrote:So is Suggs worth a top 5 pick or not?

I think a top-5 pick holds more value.
It has been written...
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,656

Post#168 » by yosemiteben » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:44 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
fatlever wrote:magic seem to love suggs as POA defender and culture setter. he's proven difference maker for them on rookie deal. they aren't trading him for a shot in the dark rookie point guard in a weak draft. thats not realistic.

No front office should give him the superstar treatment Iike he's untouchable. Who knows where their front office stands on that. I don't consider Suggs untouchable. He's an elite role player who will never score enough to earn an All-Star appearance. Even Anunoby didn't command a top-5 pick on a rookie scale contract. And you could argue Anunoby is more impactful than Suggs.

Not available for a top 5 pick in this draft =/= untouchable.

I believe Anunoby definitely could have commanded a top 5 pick in this draft if that's what TOR wanted. I'd actually argue the opposite of your point here, TOR demonstrated that some teams value known contributors over speculative draft picks.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,508

Post#169 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:21 am

Is Norman Powell realistic?

Would love to get that dude.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#170 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:39 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Not available for a top 5 pick in this draft =/= untouchable.

I believe Anunoby definitely could have commanded a top 5 pick in this draft if that's what TOR wanted. I'd actually argue the opposite of your point here, TOR demonstrated that some teams value known contributors over speculative draft picks.

The value yielded from Anunoby is concentrated in Quickley & Barrett.

Which team is trading a top 5 pick for those two?
It has been written...
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,607

Post#171 » by NCHeels2008 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:49 pm

I wouldn't mind bringing in Fultz as a FA. He could be a better DSJr. and help mentor if we draft a playmaker.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2024/3/19/24105239/markelle-fultz-orlando-magic-comeback-sixers
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#172 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:24 pm

A Minny fan speculated they could be looking to trade Kat and shed salary to build around Ant.

I would trade our lottery pick and Bertans for Kat in a heartbeat.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,599

Post#173 » by NYG » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:54 pm

If Charlotte lost Bridges and had cap space as a result, who would be some free agent targets?
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,174

Post#174 » by Rich4114 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:02 pm

NYG wrote:If Charlotte lost Bridges and had cap space as a result, who would be some free agent targets?

Malik Monk (lol) and Jonas Valanciunas
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#175 » by luciano-davidwesley » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:45 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:A Minny fan speculated they could be looking to trade Kat and shed salary to build around Ant.

KAT is going to be earning $49.35m(28), $53.298m(29), $57.246m(30) and $61.194 (31) (player option - yuck) over the next four seasons.

He's going to be about the worst contract in the NBA in year 3 and 4 of that deal. No thanks.
NYG
RealGM

Post#176 » by NYG » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:28 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
NYG wrote:If Charlotte lost Bridges and had cap space as a result, who would be some free agent targets?

Gary Trent Jr. and Goga Bitadze?
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#177 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:03 pm

NYG wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:

Klay Thompson for vet leadership?
NYG
RealGM

Post#178 » by NYG » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:09 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
NYG wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:

So the jist is... true shooting guard (not combo guard) and true center (not PF)
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#179 » by Diop » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:00 am

NYG wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
NYG wrote:

So the jist is... true shooting guard (not combo guard) and true center (not PF)

Mine was Melton and Jalen Smith.

Melton is the POA defender, Smith as a taller 4/5.

so im a bit different
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#180 » by Diop » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:24 am

JustBuzzin wrote:A Minny fan speculated they could be looking to trade Kat and shed salary to build around Ant.

Read on Twitter

Kat's shooting would be nice, and he would be insurance in case Mark's back is buggered.

Miles sign n trade plus 1st for Kat?
Gives them a mobile 4 next to Gobert. A new coach would have some interesting options with KAT, Miller and Ball.

Return to Charlotte Hornets