Fake Trade Thread #6

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,503

Re: Fake Trade Thread #6 

Post#181 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:37 am

Diop wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:A Minny fan speculated they could be looking to trade Kat and shed salary to build around Ant.

I would trade our lottery pick and Bertans for Kat in a heartbeat.

Read on Twitter

Kat's shooting would be nice, and he would be insurance in case Mark's back is buggered.

Miles sign n trade plus 1st for Kat?
Gives them a mobile 4 next to Gobert. A new coach would have some interesting options with KAT, Miller and Ball.
Why add a 1st?

Bridges for KAT seems fair.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#182 » by Diop » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:03 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
Diop wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:A Minny fan speculated they could be looking to trade Kat and shed salary to build around Ant.

I would trade our lottery pick and Bertans for Kat in a heartbeat.

Read on Twitter

Kat's shooting would be nice, and he would be insurance in case Mark's back is buggered.

Miles sign n trade plus 1st for Kat?
Gives them a mobile 4 next to Gobert. A new coach would have some interesting options with KAT, Miller and Ball.
Why add a 1st?

Bridges for KAT seems fair.

I think KAT has a fair bit more value than bridges. I can’t see it being considered without a 1st.

If that’s too much then we continue with miles
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,174

Post#183 » by Rich4114 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:30 pm

NYG wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
NYG wrote:
Gary Trent Jr. and Goga Bitadze?

Klay Thompson for vet leadership?

So the jist is... true shooting guard (not combo guard) and true center (not PF)

Pretty much. We have mostly only combo guards on the roster after LaMelo and I guess Micic. We have a bunch of wings and we have absolutely zero size if Mark isn't playing. That goes for the 4 and 5. Grant plays above his size, which helps but we can't survive with Nick Richards playing heavy mins due to him being dumb on the court.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#184 » by JMAC3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:03 pm

KAT is probably worth 2 firsts and a good player just based on the market.

Plenty of teams have extra firsts to toss around for him to be dealt for cheap.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#185 » by Rich4114 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:46 pm

JMAC3 wrote:KAT is probably worth 2 firsts and a good player just based on the market.

The thing is, I'm not sure KAT is what we need. Like sure, he's a great offensive big and would stretch the floor. Theoretically, we'd have him at PF with Mark at C. But I think what this team is missing is high IQ big bodies around the core we're trying to build with. I think LaMelo, Mark, Miles would all play better with that infrastructure around them. Adding Grant was a good starting point, but need more guys like that and maybe some shooting. I think if you give up two picks and someone like Bridges, the results are marginal in wins and losses.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#186 » by JMAC3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:08 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:KAT is probably worth 2 firsts and a good player just based on the market.

The thing is, I'm not sure KAT is what we need. Like sure, he's a great offensive big and would stretch the floor. Theoretically, we'd have him at PF with Mark at C. But I think what this team is missing is high IQ big bodies around the core we're trying to build with. I think LaMelo, Mark, Miles would all play better with that infrastructure around them. Adding Grant was a good starting point, but need more guys like that and maybe some shooting. I think if you give up two picks and someone like Bridges, the results are marginal in wins and losses.

Kat would give us much needed size.

Right now Miles and Grant are both undersized 4s. Which gets highlighted even more if we play both together with Grant at 5. KAT would give us another big body to play at Center or we could play super big with him at the 4 next to Mark.

I am not sure he is the perfect fit, but I do think we need to add size to the roster at multiple positions.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,241

Post#187 » by amcoolio » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:32 pm

KAT has such a massive contract that a lot of teams are already eliminated because they can't trade for them unless they send their star back like Brown or Tatum. Maybe the Warriors but Minny wouldn't take Klay back. But we should have the cap space to just absorb his contract and send a minor one back

I think we should do it at this point just to field an NBA team with talent one time this century
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#188 » by Rich4114 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:43 pm

amcoolio wrote:KAT has such a massive contract that a lot of teams are already eliminated because they can't trade for them unless they send their star back like Brown or Tatum. Maybe the Warriors but Minny wouldn't take Klay back. But we should have the cap space to just absorb his contract and send a minor one back

I think we should do it at this point just to field an NBA team with talent one time this century

Who is going back to MN then along with draft picks? As in, who would they want? S&T for Miles would be the only thing I could see happening. Also, does MN really want to move on from KAT? I guess things might change for them depending on how they do without him in the playoffs, assuming he's not back by then.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#189 » by luciano-davidwesley » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:12 pm

We should let some other team give up their farm for a guy who is about to become a bad contract.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,241

Post#190 » by amcoolio » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:20 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
amcoolio wrote:KAT has such a massive contract that a lot of teams are already eliminated because they can't trade for them unless they send their star back like Brown or Tatum. Maybe the Warriors but Minny wouldn't take Klay back. But we should have the cap space to just absorb his contract and send a minor one back

Who is going back to MN then along with draft picks? As in, who would they want? S&T for Miles would be the only thing I could see happening. Also, does MN really want to move on from KAT? I guess things might change for them depending on how they do without him in the playoffs, assuming he's not back by then.

KAT is a borderline bad contract. Minny is well over the cap the second Ant's extension hits next summer. They are already paying Gobert 43 next and 46 the year after. Charlotte firsts are worth a lot more than regular firsts. I think he'll be a lot cheaper than you guys realize
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#191 » by JustBuzzin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 am

Just found out Brandon Miller best friend is Darious Garland. He said they will work out all summer.

Wonder if we can get him to Charlotte in the future.
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#192 » by Rich4114 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Just found out Brandon Miller best friend is Darious Garland. He said they will work out all summer.

I can't tell if Garland is a 2 or a 1, but he'd be nice next to Miller and LaMelo either way.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#193 » by LofJ » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

The player I'd most want to add to this team is Lauri Markkanen. I don't think the Jazz are interested in moving him though. All indications are that they're going to sign him to a big extension this summer. But if that falls through for some reason we should put our best offer on the table.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#194 » by JustBuzzin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Just found out Brandon Miller best friend is Darious Garland. He said they will work out all summer.

I can't tell if Garland is a 2 or a 1, but he'd be nice next to Miller and LaMelo either way.

I know the Cavs had interest in Bridges or at least that was the rumor.

Any chance we could work out a trade for Garland maybe Bridges sign n trade and we trade our lottery pick in a separate trade?
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#195 » by Diop » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

Cavs have to figure what’s happening with Mitchell before they do anything
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#196 » by JustBuzzin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm

Diop wrote:Cavs have to figure what’s happening with Mitchell before they do anything

Yeah obviously he is the major piece. If they agree to an extension I think they have to consider moving Garland. Makes no sense for them to have 2 undersized scoring guards. Maybe they consider filling out a more complete roster.

Bridges and possibly a top 5 pick wouldn't be a bad deal for them.
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#197 » by Rich4114 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:

Any chance we could work out a trade for Garland maybe Bridges sign n trade and we trade our lottery pick in a separate trade?

Assuming Mitchel stays and plays PG, I like this move for both teams. Cleveland becomes really thin at guard though.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#198 » by JustBuzzin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:

Assuming Mitchel stays and plays PG, I like this move for both teams. Cleveland becomes really thin at guard though.

We can throw Mann in the deal if need be.
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#199 » by Rich4114 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:I know the Cavs had interest in Bridges or at least that was the rumor.

Who would you rather trade in a deal like this? Mann or NSJ? I'm not sure I wouldn't say trade NSJ and keep Mann.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#200 » by JustBuzzin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:

Who would you rather trade in a deal like this? Mann or NSJ? I'm not sure I wouldn't say trade NSJ and keep Mann.

Either one. :lol:

Return to Charlotte Hornets