It's Mann: The Tre Mann thread.

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Re: It's Mann: The Tre Mann thread. 

Post#41 » by Diop » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:22 am

As of now, I think Cody is the starter for defense.

He’s not getting you stats but even Miller sees it

Read on Twitter

That’s Young and haliburton he has shackled now
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#42 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:26 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Is this guy going to be a starter next year?

Would be crazy if he turns into a solid starter for us. Now that really opens up the draft. Miller probably moves to SF moving forward.

What makes him balance LaMelo better is the rim pressure. Tre Mann has it. We can see how he applies it in space. LaMelo will space and open up the defense.

Defensively, Mann is an upgrade over Terry. He's a better secondary playmaker. Better defender. Makes quicker decisions rather than killing the shot clock. So he's giving the team quality possessions as opposed to bad ones that happen when a player pounds and probes and holds the ball too long.

Would totally change our outlook if he's indeed the long term starter. I think we will know for sure at the end of the season. He's off to a great start for sure.

Us dropping back a couple of spots won't hurt as much if Mann is indeed legit. We can still get a good rotation piece at 6 or 7 in the draft.

Agreed, no rush. We have a full year and one half to evaluate his role here in advance of his restricted free agency.

Whether he's option 4, 5 or 6, I don't think you pull the trigger on a 4 option unless that player is a safe upgrade over Mann. He looks so solid all-aroumd. Tought to beat on the trade market. And his rim pressure was sorely missing beside LaMelo. All Terry and Oubre could do with that space was chuck most of the time.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#43 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:26 am

I think the rim pressure applied by Mann and Miles balances the elite spacing provided by LaMelo and Miller. Wing defenders have to meet LaMelo and Miller due to their length leaving Miles to bully guards and Mann to blow past forwards and centers. No player left behind can bump Mann off his course if they can keep up with him.

If Mann can shoot 37% on 3's and Miles holds near 37%, the offense becomes such a handful. Mann has such a good attitude. His response to being buried was to learn. Opposite of Bouknight who shut down, and drank away his frustrations and got complacent.

Mann is all business.
It has been written...
EmpireFalls
Sixth Man
And1: 2,866

Post#44 » by EmpireFalls » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:56 pm

Tre Mann is the guard of the future.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#45 » by JMAC3 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:59 pm

I would throw a 4/44extension at him right now and see if he bites.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#46 » by LofJ » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:44 pm

JMAC3 wrote:I would throw a 4/44extension at him right now and see if he bites.

Not unless he plays this way the rest of the season. There's no need to remove a big source of motivation for him to work hard this early.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#47 » by JMAC3 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:51 pm

LofJ wrote:

Not unless he plays this way the rest of the season. There's no need to remove a big source of motivation for him to work hard this early.

I mean sure, but if he plays like this he is going to be worth a lot more.
Big Board
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#48 » by LofJ » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:10 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
LofJ wrote:

I mean sure, but if he plays like this he is going to be worth a lot more.

He definitely will, but I don't like the idea of commiting long-term money to him because he's played well for 3 games. If he keeps this up, and especially if he plays well with LaMelo, the team should make plans to extend him. They should start considering the possibility though, I agree with that.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Post#49 » by HornetJail » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:50 pm

he's not eligible for an extension till the offseason anyway, so it's not like we have a choice but to see how it plays out.

Based on these three games I'd love to get him locked down to a Jeremy Lamb esque contract (i.e. roughly MLE money). Lamb was a massive steal by the end of that contract.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,654

Post#50 » by yosemiteben » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:56 pm

Yeah gonna need more than a 3 game sample size to feel good about offering a 4 year deal.
EmpireFalls
Sixth Man
And1: 2,866

Post#51 » by EmpireFalls » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:13 am

I think his fit with LaMelo especially will be very important in determining value. If he doesn’t play well together with him or if there are obvious defensive frailties (possible) it would be a big consideration the FO would take into account.

Let’s also consider that we’re getting a brand new GM and decision maker so zero chance we talk contracts until they’re appointed
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,525

Post#52 » by Bassman » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:21 am

Here is a nice quick breakdown analysis on Tre Mann and his game exploding onto the scene with Hornets extended minutes. Agree he’s got a chance to be special:

https://youtu.be/8UvXisZA7S4?si=YoK1gx6eFtW1CWJw
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
vorbis
Veteran
And1: 675

Post#53 » by vorbis » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:37 am

I liked this breakdown.

between his success driving the hoop and in the pick and roll, and with his jumpshot falling, in addition to his ability to distribute, he kinda reminds me of the good version of Ramon Sessions for the Bobcats. but I like how Mann plays with variable pace a lot better than Sessions' 100mph towards the rim approach. he's a good fit for the 1st or 2nd unit right now. really nice get.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,654

Post#54 » by yosemiteben » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:22 pm

Read on Twitter
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,500

Post#55 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:55 pm

Lol no.

Let him prove himself for the rest of the season. It's only a 3 game sample no need to overreact.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#56 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:57 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
Read on Twitter

Miles using "gang" just shows you his lack of awareness. I know it's slang talk, but cmon man you can't be using that word after what happened to him off the court.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#57 » by JMAC3 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:44 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:

Lol no.

Let him prove himself for the rest of the season. It's only a 3 game sample no need to overreact.

I mean obviously I don't mean right this minute, but yeah at the end of the year I would consider it. He will be a RFA but only 24 yrs old, those are the type of guys teams will try to poach if an extension doesn't get done.
Big Board
JustBuzzin
Head Coach

Post#58 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:49 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

Lol no.

I mean obviously I don't mean right this minute, but yeah at the end of the year I would consider it. He will be a RFA but only 24 yrs old, those are the type of guys teams will try to poach if an extension doesn't get done.

Im all for it if he plays well. We can't offer him an extension until the off-season anyway.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#59 » by UNCNYC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:53 pm

I been a fan of Tre Man when he could have been referred too as Duece Kid lol. Suuuuper glad we got him.

Go Hornets
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#60 » by wilson115 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:45 pm

Didn't know about the baby, guess this is what being a pro means. Something some people formerly on the roster could learn from.

RB: What about that aspect of being traded to a new locale, having to also worry about your family as you get adjusted to this situation? How tough is that?

TM: Yeah, it’s super tough. I just had a son (two) weeks ago, and I know it’s tough on my wife. She’s there by herself. She told me to come here and focus, lock in on basketball. It’s still a job at the end of the day and you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do for the family. And that’s the mindset — just doing whatever I’ve got to do for the family.

RB: What are your thoughts on LaMelo Ball and what’s it been like being around him and all his energy?

TM: I’ve played against him many times and he’s had good games against us. But I think we can really play well together, I think he can play a little bit off ball and I can do the same. So, it’s his team and I’m going to adjust to whatever is better for him. For right now, I’m just trying to go out there and play team ball.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-hornets/article285497402.html#storylink=cpy

Return to Charlotte Hornets