Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Re: It's Mann: The Tre Mann thread. 

Post#62 » by LofJ » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:45 pm

Mann and LaMelo are probably the best pair of step-back jump shooters in the league. I don't know what the defense will look like, but man the spacing those two will generate will be something.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#63 » by JMAC3 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:38 pm

Tre Mann might be in the top 10 shiftiest players in the league. He does a basic cross at half speed and has dudes jumping the wrong direction.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#64 » by fatlever » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:42 pm

I'm honestly amazed at his speed and agility. We really haven't had that kind of constant rim pressure since sessions. He does feel like sessions with a 3pt shot. Well except sessions was a ft merchant.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#65 » by -Ian- » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:13 pm

The Charlotte Hornets actually have reasons to be optimistic

Mann, that’s a good trade

One of the things I like about Charlotte’s deadline is finding a guy like Tre Mann, who the Hornets could extract some value from and evaluate down the stretch of the season.

Mann wasn’t in the rotation in Oklahoma City, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be of value somewhere. The Thunder are insanely deep and can’t find minutes for everyone. And what I like about what the Hornets are doing with Mann at the moment is putting him into the starting lineup and allowing him to play and make mistakes for the first time in his career.

He’s a point guard, but not in the traditional sense of running a team, which I find interesting. But Miller is such a good playmaker that the Hornets can run their offense through him and Bridges, and Mann can concentrate on doing what he does best, which is putting the ball in the basket. He is probably an NBA sixth man longterm. He just has the characteristics of a real bucket-getter who can be dynamic offensively in short stretches.

But we don’t completely know that. Maybe if given the runway, Mann will be able to acquire the other needed skill sets of a point guard to operate the position as a starter. He has some of the difficult stuff you can’t teach. He can handle the ball and create separation. He can really make shots, whether it be off the dribble, on the move or off catch-and-shoot. The playmaking-for-others part of things is one of the reasons he didn’t crack the rotation in OKC. Well, he also played behind one of the best point guards on Earth. That being said, Mann is a dynamic scoring talent on a team with the time and the room to develop him at the other parts of his game.

For that, Charlotte is smart. Mann has scored in double-digits in four of his five games. But that he’s averaging almost six assists per game has to be very encouraging as well.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,501

Post#66 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:19 pm

Mann definitely should be our 6th man for next season.

If we can draft one of those wings on draft night we have our starting lineup set for next year.

Bring Mann/Grant off the bench would be huge.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#67 » by JMAC3 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:49 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Mann definitely should be our 6th man for next season.

If we can draft one of those wings on draft night we have our starting lineup set for next year.

Bring Mann/Grant off the bench would be huge.

He is basically our Bouknight replacement longterm.
Big Board
EmpireFalls
Sixth Man
And1: 2,872

Post#68 » by EmpireFalls » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:56 am

Is anyone else worried that Mann has the “everything looks great except the shot” syndrome? He gets good shots, creates space, he has touch and balance, but the shots just don’t go in. I’m concerned because this is exactly what OKC said about him. He is still a useful player nonetheless, but it’s something to monitor.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,525

Post#69 » by Bassman » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:17 am

EmpireFalls wrote:Is anyone else worried that Mann has the “everything looks great except the shot” syndrome? He gets good shots, creates space, he has touch and balance, but the shots just don’t go in. I’m concerned because this is exactly what OKC said about him. He is still a useful player nonetheless, but it’s something to monitor.

So far his shooting percentage has been decent, but….he is not likely THE solution long term without making key shots in critical situations. I do think he can, at minimum, be a primary reserve long term.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,501

Post#70 » by JustBuzzin » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:23 am

He's not a starter long term that's for sure. We still need a starter with that lottery pick. Mann can be a bench piece for next season.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#71 » by Diop » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:51 am

I think as of now Ball, Martin, Miller are the starters with Mann and Micic off the bench.

Kemba's shot wasn't falling at first, so there is still hope that clicks.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#72 » by fatlever » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:21 pm

Did we get a little too excited about this dude a little bit too early? He's looked really average the past four or five games. Or did Cliff simply ruin him?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,133

Post#73 » by JDR720 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:27 pm

Probably both. The new player shine has largely worn off besides Grant. I guess Bertans has been good too, but nobody had any expectations for him.

Mann is solid, but not as a starter. Micic is a very good passer, but can't shoot or defend. Both of them are better than what we had, but they're still role players. Not key players or starters.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#74 » by JMAC3 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:53 pm

I think Mann is still figuring out how to be an impactful player. He obviously has a ton of raw talent, but finding the balance of aggressiveness attacking, scoring, passing is still a work in progress. Whereas defensively he trusts his instincts a lot more and that leads to him being a deflection god and a menace on the glass.

His shiftiness is elite, but it is almost as if he shakes his guy but has no plan. If he was shaking the guy and then looking to draw contact or finish at the rim then I think he would be massively better... but instead he gets his guy off balance but you see the indecision and then the defender recovers and Mann passes it out for a reset.

I don't really have a rush on trying to label him exactly as a starter/reserve etc until I see what we do in the draft and FA. Regardless I think we still crushed the trade to bring him over.
Big Board
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#75 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:49 pm

You have to go back pretty far to find a Hornets bench player who could beat his man off the dribble the way Mann can.

He has his downswings but the upside is evident the more he plays. I'd love to see how LaMelo's spacing affects what Mann can do on the court. He's shaking defenders in Clogged-Toilet Clifford's system.

The Thunder stocked their PG position. Micic and Mann were stuck behind a player selected 6th overall who's the 2nd best PG on the Thunder.

I just love the Thunder as a trade partner. The Heat and Mavericks pitched in as well. Smashing encore.

I hate watching the team lose games. I watch them less now. I'm fatigued over Clifford's predictability.

But I try to remind myself that even peripheral players outside the team core can contribute to winning basketball in the coming years.

I also love how the 3 first execs are young and hungry. It's about who you know. The Lakers and Knicks can double down on coaching assistants and developmental staff. We are not attracting or paying an entourage overnight, so you need to grant execs years and years to develop their network. Its easier to implement that strategy when the execs have more runway ahead of them in their careers.
It has been written...
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#76 » by MugzZo » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:07 am

I'm glad I was the guy to make this thread. I believe he's gonna be hornet for a long time, and also a fan favorite. He's what I think we all wanted from monk to rozier to bouk.

Sent from my SM-F936U using RealGM mobile app
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#77 » by wilson115 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:36 am

Read on Twitter
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#78 » by Diop » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:48 am

wilson115 wrote:
Read on Twitter

gotta be a good sign seeing how liked he was.
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#79 » by Snidely FC » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:06 am

Mann vs Hawks first Hornet 7 steal game since 2012 (Kemba)
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#80 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:39 pm

Snidely FC wrote:Mann vs Hawks first Hornet 7 steal game since 2012 (Kemba)

Dejounte Murray upside?
It has been written...

Return to Charlotte Hornets