Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Re: 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#41 » by JMAC3 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:08 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
Walt Cronkite wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:So frankly I want to barf whenever I hear suggestions Mitch left us with nothing, bare naked. That kind of moping is defeatist and misguided. It's emotional, not factual.

So shoot the messenger if you want to but...

You missed me bitch!

Not sure if you realize but a lot of your posts come off unnecessarily combative and hyperbolic. Hornets fans have suffered plenty, not sure why there must be unnecessary infighting as well.

The forums have been toxic. You want me to shut my mouth about the constant hostility towards 6 years of building that's been treated as rubbish?

It is hard out here, we shouldn't fight among each other. The last thing we want is for posters to leave for other teams and just start rooting for whoever won the title last year. :devil:
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#42 » by Walt Cronkite » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:09 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:The forums have been toxic. You want me to shut my mouth about the constant hostility towards 6 years of building that's been treated as rubbish?

I wouldn't say I want you to shut your mouth, I don't really care. I wasn't sure if you were doing it intentionally or if you were unaware.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#43 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:12 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
Walt Cronkite wrote:
Not sure if you realize but a lot of your posts come off unnecessarily combative and hyperbolic. Hornets fans have suffered plenty, not sure why there must be unnecessary infighting as well.

The forums have been toxic. You want me to shut my mouth about the constant hostility towards 6 years of building that's been treated as rubbish?

It is hard out here, we shouldn't fight among each other. The last thing we want is for posters to leave for other teams and just start rooting for whoever won the title last year. :devil:

Not surprised you missed the joke. I'm going to change it again this Finals.

Once again, are you done treating 6 years of building as hopeless rubbish?

Kupchak left us with a young starting core, 4/5 plus a top-5 pick, plus draft capital to add to the young core, plus a promising young bench backcourt in Mann/NSJ (6th in 3PT%, top in his class). Plus a bench.

Get over yourself.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#44 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:13 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:The forums have been toxic. You want me to shut my mouth about the constant hostility towards 6 years of building that's been treated as rubbish?

I wouldn't say I want you to shut your mouth, I don't really care. I wasn't sure if you were doing it intentionally or if you were unaware.

I'm totally aware the fans have been toxic and that I won't stand for it.
It has been written...
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#45 » by fatlever » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:14 pm

He's always doing it intentionally.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#46 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:16 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
Walt Cronkite wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:So frankly I want to barf whenever I hear suggestions Mitch left us with nothing, bare naked. That kind of moping is defeatist and misguided. It's emotional, not factual.

So shoot the messenger if you want to but...

You missed me bitch!

I'll definitely agree it's been toxic on here at tines. Me included. This season has been rough. Hell, almost every season is rough. There's finally light at the end of the tunnel, though.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#47 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:18 pm

fatlever wrote:He's always doing it intentionally.

Or else there is unchecked misery and negativity even when it's misguided and unjustified when you take a deep breath, step back, and appreciate what we have. That's all part of enjoying being a fan too. This has not been occasional venting, but it's been incessant, like mentally people are ill.

This forum has done a bangup job smothering out any hint of optimism, because moping is the norm and you gain acceptance that way here.
It has been written...
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#48 » by Walt Cronkite » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:22 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:I'll definitely agree it's been toxic on here at tines. Me included. This season has been rough. Hell, almost every season is rough. There's finally light at the end of the tunnel, though.

I was reminiscing about the McMinus years this morning while catching up with the game, hopefully this is indeed the start of better days. Does feel like it.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#49 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:23 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
Walt Cronkite wrote:

I'll definitely agree it's been toxic on here at tines. Me included. This season has been rough. Hell, almost every season is rough. There's finally light at the end of the tunnel, though.

Thank you, I'm only trying to open eyes to the things that did move in a positive direction these past 6 years, wins and losses and fanfare aside.

The next GM has plenty to work with. I'm satisfied. Can't say this outgoing one enjoyed the same spot/handicap when he took over for Cho saddled with multiple negative/useless vet contracts (Marvin, Zeller, Batum, Howard, MKG). The only inherited draft pick still relevant is Monk, yet the fans here **** on him too. The Rozier/Kemba deal was thought to be desperation. We have potentially an unprotected 1st for his bum knee and didn't have to pay him all those millions to sit.

He will be one big move (plus maybe a few minor ones) away from a playoff spot if done right.
It has been written...
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#50 » by JMAC3 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:33 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Thank you, I'm only trying to open eyes to the things that did move in a positive direction these past 6 years, wins and losses and fanfare aside.

The next GM has plenty to work with. I'm satisfied. Can't say this outgoing one enjoyed the same spot/handicap when he took over for Cho saddled with multiple negative/useless vet contracts (Marvin, Zeller, Batum, Howard, MKG). The only inherited draft pick still relevant is Monk, yet the fans here **** on him too. The Rozier/Kemba deal was thought to be desperation. We have potentially an unprotected 1st for his bum knee and didn't have to pay him all those millions to sit.

He will be one big move (plus maybe a few minor ones) away from a playoff spot if done right.

I am not even sure what you are worked up about at this point. 99% of fans were happy with trade deadline, 99% of posts have been positive over this winning streak. We are all over the moon about Miller. I have been 95% happy with Mitch drafting.

Mitch 100% deserves a lot of flack for having 7 guys on the roster for the last year that weren't NBA players. That is the biggest complaint on here about him and it's hard to defend it.

In general the NBA is setup for the bad team to improve, the best talent is ALMOST always picked at the top of the draft. I think overall Mitch has been fine, but ultimately you should be judged on wins and losses and not the mirage of what could be constantly.

That is part of the reason I think Presti is the most overrated Gm of all time.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#51 » by SWedd523 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:36 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
fatlever wrote:He's always doing it intentionally.

Or else there is unchecked misery and negativity even when it's misguided and unjustified when you take a deep breath, step back, and appreciate what we have. That's all part of enjoying being a fan too. This has not been occasional venting, but it's been incessant, like mentally people are ill.

This forum has done a bangup job smothering out any hint of optimism, because moping is the norm and you gain acceptance that way here.

Am I misremembering or a few years ago did you disappear to take some opportunity that would make you famous... or something along those lines?
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,500

Post#52 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:51 pm

Can we get back to the topic please?
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#53 » by LofJ » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:11 pm

If a high ranking league executive thinks we're a sleeping giant I'm at the point of assuming I must have died and just didn't notice it happened (and I'm stupidly still working everyday).

Read on Twitter
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,239

Post#54 » by amcoolio » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:22 pm

I'm on team Langdon. Just seems like a cool cat that would be good at negotiating
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#55 » by fatlever » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:41 pm

LofJ wrote:If a high ranking league executive thinks we're a sleeping giant I'm at the point of assuming I must have died and just didn't notice it happened (and I'm stupidly still working everyday).

Read on Twitter

more deserved shots at MJ.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#56 » by SWedd523 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:45 pm

Y'all are talking me into Langdon
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#57 » by LofJ » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:25 am

The vibe change since the deadline trade is crazy, even Hugo is big balling right now. I've been looking for a high quality gif of Hugo nailing that over the head half court shot yesterday, but I can't find one. That's something that definitely needs to live in posterity, especially with the walk he did afterwards. Whoever has that job earned their salary for the next few years with that shot.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#58 » by Diop » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:31 am

I still think of Langdon as an undersized chucker drafted by Cleveland, but I think I want him as well.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#59 » by Diop » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:40 am

If Cody's knee is going to be fine going forward, his recent play has me changing my priorities for next year. His defense has been spot on and fits well with the starting unit. Between Mann and Micic we have the backup 1 spot finally covered.

Ball, Mann
Cody, Micic, Curry
Miller,
Miles, Williams
Mark, Richards

That's your main 10 with a few players interchangeable between 2-4, I think the priority is that big 4/5 that allows us to play with size occasionally and not be tiny if/when Mark gets injured. BPA gets drafted and he gets a chance to break into the rotation or join gleague with the other kids. I think they cut Bertans to save the $.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#60 » by Diop » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:26 am

does Charlotte offer Olynyk a 2 or 3 year deal next year?

they need to keep him from competitors if they want him, i think Miami have already indicated interest.

He's the obvious stretch 4/5 UFA

Saric would also be a good vet get, but I think he stays at GSW

Muscala would be a cheap stretch big with veteran and playoff experiance. he could start in a pinch

Return to Charlotte Hornets