Post#1 » by JDR720 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:15 am

:noway:
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,241

Re: GT: Charlotte vs Hawks 3/23 7.30PM EST 

Post#2 » by amcoolio » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:20 am

our road to the playoffs stars here

we have to win 13 in a row and the hawks lose 13 in a row and get some help from brooklyn and toronto

one loss and we are eliminated

the miracle run of all runs is coming!
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,174

Post#3 » by Rich4114 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:59 pm

amcoolio wrote:our road to the playoffs stars here

we have to win 13 in a row and the hawks lose 13 in a row and get some help from brooklyn and toronto

one loss and we are eliminated

the miracle run of all runs is coming!

sad part is, I can find people on twitter and reddit who would take this seriously
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,625

Post#4 » by fatlever » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:33 pm

4 days in between games. Are we finally going to see lamelo or are we completely giving up on that dream for the season? I've kind of been up the belief since All-Star break that they told him out for the rest of the season but never admit it more than one game at a time.

We probably don't see Cody again this season. We probably don't see Seth again this season. We sure as hell aren't seeing Mark again this season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#5 » by Rich4114 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:29 pm

fatlever wrote:4 days in between games. Are we finally going to see lamelo or are we completely giving up on that dream for the season? I've kind of been up the belief since All-Star break that they told him out for the rest of the season but never admit it more than one game at a time.

We probably don't see Cody again this season. We probably don't see Seth again this season. We sure as hell aren't seeing Mark again this season.

My gut tells me LaMelo is healthy enough to play but there's no point in risking set backs so he'll sit for the rest of the season. Mark is cooked for this season. Agreed on Cody and Seth as well. These last 15ish games are going to be hell.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,525

Post#6 » by Bassman » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:50 am

Rich4114 wrote:
fatlever wrote:4 days in between games. Are we finally going to see lamelo or are we completely giving up on that dream for the season? I've kind of been up the belief since All-Star break that they told him out for the rest of the season but never admit it more than one game at a time.

My gut tells me LaMelo is healthy enough to play but there's no point in risking set backs so he'll sit for the rest of the season. Mark is cooked for this season. Agreed on Cody and Seth as well. These last 15ish games are going to be hell.

They won’t tank intentionally per se, but I expect us to lose nearly all of them…and that really is as it should be. We gain nothing from dropping down the draft odds pecking order. Mostly I don’t want Cliff wearing out/tearing up our future players. Spread out the minutes and see what our deeper bench can do.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,708

Post#7 » by MPM » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:02 pm

Rich4114 wrote:

This is the way it looked in ORL. I was there like an hour before the game and Melo was drilling 2 on 2 with coaching staff and side-to-side movement on both ankles looked fine - these were full speed (non-contact) drills. Honestly? I'm pretty much done with the season - watching every 3rd or 4th game. Stopped caring if he comes back several weeks ago - rather just have the extra lotto balls.
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#8 » by Rich4114 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:55 pm

MPM wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:

This is the way it looked in ORL. I was there like an hour before the game and Melo was drilling 2 on 2 with coaching staff and side-to-side movement on both ankles looked fine - these were full speed (non-contact) drills. Honestly? I'm pretty much done with the season - watching every 3rd or 4th game. Stopped caring if he comes back several weeks ago - rather just have the extra lotto balls.

He didn't have a full summer to train nor did he have a full camp before the season started due to the ankle injury from a year ago. I imagine they are trying to ensure he can have both this time and be ready to go for camp. I don't hate that strategy given where we are. And even with LaMelo, we will only be marginally better since we have no NBA caliber C or C rotation. Nick Richards is so, so horrible. I hope everyone here realizes that and doesn't get mesmerized by his occasional stats from finishing rim runs.
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,708

Post#9 » by MPM » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:50 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
MPM wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:

He didn't have a full summer to train nor did he have a full camp before the season started due to the ankle injury from a year ago. I imagine they are trying to ensure he can have both this time and be ready to go for camp. I don't hate that strategy given where we are. And even with LaMelo, we will only be marginally better since we have no NBA caliber C or C rotation. Nick Richards is so, so horrible. I hope everyone here realizes that and doesn't get mesmerized by his occasional stats from finishing rim runs.

100% on Melo. Zero reason not to just rehab him 'til next year.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,241

Post#10 » by amcoolio » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:48 pm

(if i were the GM) I'm tempted to offer Melo for Cade and see what Detroit thinks. Yes LaMelo is better and has the higher ceiling, but Cade is playing great lately, defense is better, i trust his body more and he wants to play hard and win. Still don't get that vibe from LaMelo and he is making the max already
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
NMBSurfin
Sophomore
And1: 62

Post#11 » by NMBSurfin » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:41 pm

so March Madness is going on, we don't have Melo and Mark....there will be very few of us watching. I remember when Charlotte and Atlanta was supposed to be a big rivalry.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,133

Post#12 » by JDR720 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:36 am

The Hawks are missing half their team, including Trae, and they're beating us by 20+.

This team may not win a game the rest of the season.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#13 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:39 am

The only coach in the NBA who would play without a guard off the bench is in the locker room preaching "move the ball, move the ball", like a broken record.

Hornets on their way to another sub-100 performance. I don't see how Peterson (saw him courtside) could allow it to continue after the season ends. The game passed by Clifford a long time ago.
It has been written...
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,504

Post#14 » by JustBuzzin » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:45 am

Miller hit a wall, Bridges still chucking, Clifford still sucking.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#15 » by SWedd523 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:58 am

NSJ routinely being a healthy scratch during blowout after blowout in yet another lost season is baffling and unsurprising at the same time
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#16 » by Diop » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:59 am

offense is terrible, Clifford recognizing criticism blaming the players

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#17 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:01 am

Diop wrote:offense is terrible, Clifford recognizing criticism blaming the players

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He's also 110.percent right.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#18 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:09 am

Plenty if players display higher IQ when they play us. Cliff is full of ****.
It has been written...
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#19 » by Diop » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:10 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
Diop wrote:offense is terrible, Clifford recognizing criticism blaming the players

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He's also 110.percent right.

still a bad look for a professional basketball team, they look anything but professional

could also be part of that culture, I wouldnt imagine seeing comments like that about a Lebron team

Richard Jefferson told a story about being on the team bus when JR Smith was late. Lebron insisted they leave as JR new the time he had to be there, so they drove off leaving him behind.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,133

Post#20 » by JDR720 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:14 am

Smith, McGowans and Bailey are on the bench.

Why not put one or two of them in.

Return to Charlotte Hornets