Post#1 » by JDR720 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:40 am

:noway:
BatumtheGlue
Starter
And1: 441

Re: GT: Charlotte vs Cavs 3/25 7PM EST 

Post#2 » by BatumtheGlue » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:30 am

:crazy: :nonono: :noway: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Mamut menteng ureh utusku, isen mulang jite penyangku.
Credit to amcoolio for the signature .gif.
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#3 » by Robot Rock » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:19 pm

Can someone confirm if Charlotte's about to be the first city to ever have two teams with the worst record in their leagues at the same time? I don't think any city has ever done this. Pistons are gonna go 5-7 the rest of the way if not 6-6 with their cupcake schedule and healthy lineup, Hornets are wrapping it up with a 16-game losing streak featuring Miles, Brandon and the Swarm.
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#4 » by Robot Rock » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:23 pm

I should add that this is my fault. I've played fantasy basketball twice and it's the only two times this team had the worst record in the league. I won't make that mistake again.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,174

Post#5 » by Rich4114 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:06 pm

Robot Rock wrote:Can someone confirm if Charlotte's about to be the first city to ever have two teams with the worst record in their leagues at the same time? I don't think any city has ever done this. Pistons are gonna go 5-7 the rest of the way if not 6-6 with their cupcake schedule and healthy lineup, Hornets are wrapping it up with a 16-game losing streak featuring Miles, Brandon and the Swarm.

I don't think we slip below WAS/DET but I do think we slip below SAS
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,624

Post#6 » by fatlever » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:15 pm

Apathy is worse than anger
Not sure I've ever seen hornets Fandom this apathetic. It's just exhausting being a fan of this team.

Hoping new front office makes sweeping changes across all areas of org. Fresh blood needed everywhere.

This current team is every bit as bad, or worse, than 7 win bobcats.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#7 » by Rich4114 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:28 pm

fatlever wrote:Apathy is worse than anger
Not sure I've ever seen hornets Fandom this apathetic. It's just exhausting being a fan of this team.

Hoping new front office makes sweeping changes across all areas of org. Fresh blood needed everywhere.

I'd argue this is the worst season of Hornets basketball since the 04 reboot and possibly ever just because of the full picture, expectations, we actually have some good players, etc.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,172

Post#8 » by SWedd523 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:18 pm

Hornets are now sitting at -10.5 +/- for the season. Every game is a blowout unless they get lucky. Teams like Memphis, Portland, Washington, Detroit all have the same excuses we do but they show up to play on a nightly basis. Play harder, play better, and show more heart. Records be damned.

Lost yet another Melo season. Through his rookie contract, he's averaged 46 games per year. He's about to start a $200+ million contract and can't stay on the floor.

Mark hasn't played since the beginning of December due to a phantom back injury that nobody has said anything about. Who knows where he'll be moving forward.

Miles is heading into free agency, we're either going to give him a big contract to stay or he's going to walk for nothing.

The new FO is all collection of never-winners all chummed up with the most out of touch coach in the league.

unless Melo and Mark magically heal, then we are well and properly ****
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#9 » by Rich4114 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:44 pm

SWedd523 wrote:Hornets are now sitting at -10.5 +/- for the season. Every game is a blowout unless they get lucky. Teams like Memphis, Portland, Washington, Detroit all have the same excuses we do but they show up to play on a nightly basis. Play harder, play better, and show more heart. Records be damned.

Lost yet another Melo season. Through his rookie contract, he's averaged 46 games per year. He's about to start a $200+ million contract and can't stay on the floor.

Mark hasn't played since the beginning of December due to a phantom back injury that nobody has said anything about. Who knows where he'll be moving forward.

Miles is heading into free agency, we're either going to give him a big contract to stay or he's going to walk for nothing.

The new FO is all collection of never-winners all chummed up with the most out of touch coach in the league.

unless Melo and Mark magically heal, then we are well and properly ****

I'm much more positive on the future outlook. I'm looking at this season as the end of a very ugly era and this summer as the start of a new one with more hope. There is risk with health on LaMelo and Mark, but we have some prospects that show promise including Brandon Miller who has the potential to be an even better player than LaMelo or anyone else on this version of the Hornets. We have cap flexibility, an incoming top 6 pick (albeit in an allegedly poor draft class), future assets to deal with (two extra FRP's) and surely (SURELY) a new coach that should be a better fit for leading this team forward. We don't need a massive rebuild and years more of losing to get it right. We could compete for the playoffs next season with health and a coherent roster.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#10 » by fatlever » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:51 pm

miles is just prime corey maggette without the free throws... empty stats
i really really hope we can pull off a decent s&t with miles this summer. i really don't think he's worth a big contract
i say this, but at least need to acknowledge that he's been playing crazy minutes every night (funny how healthy guys get when a big contract is on the line). but historically, he's at least been very healthy.
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#11 » by Rich4114 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:33 pm

fatlever wrote:miles is just prime corey maggette without the free throws... empty stats
i really really hope we can pull off a decent s&t with miles this summer. i really don't think he's worth a big contract
i say this, but at least need to acknowledge that he's been playing crazy minutes every night (funny how healthy guys get when a big contract is on the line). but historically, he's at least been very healthy.

I think the hope/plan is that he can play the role he played pre-Cliff as a wing scorer/playmaker who can get to the rim and finish in transition. I'm pretty sure he ends up resigned here.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#12 » by fatlever » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:59 pm

i'd rather sign miles than lose him for nothing. but i'd do it with thoughts of flipping him in a year or two. he's never gonna be an all-star. his understanding of the game is just so poor.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,503

Post#13 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:07 pm

fatlever wrote:miles is just prime corey maggette without the free throws... empty stats

Yeah I agree. I tried to give him a chance to change and show leadership. This dude been chucking all season long trying to get his stats for his big contract. He only sees the basket and continues to not make the open pass when he drives. His lack of defense is also a red flag.

Love what he did for us in the past, but it's time we start fresh. A sign n trade is probably the best for both sides.
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 831

Post#14 » by KingCat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:31 pm

I'm happy with letting Miles go. We aren't going anywhere anyway and it's not like Miles moves the needle much
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#15 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:10 am

37 points, on pace for 74. Clifford playing once again without a bench guard. He's a trip.
It has been written...
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,133

Post#16 » by JDR720 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:12 am

Miles either needs to be sign & traded or re-signed. Can't lose him for nothing.

In other news. Cliff for some reason played Thor a single minute in the first half. I guess he's also above Bailey, Jr. and McGowans in the pecking order.

And we're getting blown out again. Woo...
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#17 » by JDR720 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:14 am

MasterIchiro wrote:37 points, on pace for 74. Clifford playing once again without a bench guard. He's a trip.

Our collection of 6'9 bench PF's that can't score and Grant will save us. So, we'll get to at least 90 when Cleveland play their bench late in the game.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#18 » by MasterIchiro » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:18 am

JDR720 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:37 points, on pace for 74. Clifford playing once again without a bench guard. He's a trip.

Our collection of 6'9 bench PF's that can't score and Grant will save us. So, we'll get to at least 90 when Cleveland play their bench late in the game.

Cliff has been keeping in starters when the game is over. He's totally trolling the scoreboard.
It has been written...
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#19 » by JDR720 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:20 am

fatlever wrote:Apathy is worse than anger

I haven't watched a game this year.

Since like... mid-2022? 2023? Whenever whatshisface left us high and dry and we went back to Steve Clifford of all people, it's been steady downhill since.

Melo injured... again.
Mark, our answer to our longest term hole on the team, has a back injury that's not reported on.
Miles and his issues.

The only positives were this last trade deadline. Getting the OKC bench players and a couple 1sts + Grant.

The worst thing is, despite how much Clifford bangs on it, this team gives 0 effort and he doesn't hold them accountable for it.

We, despite the issues, have more talent than the Wizards, Pistons, Blazers and Spurs (minus Wemby). Yet we're just as bad if not worse than all of them are.

Hell, Memphis has worse injury issues than we do and they've won 7 more games too.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,503

Post#20 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:24 am

KingCat wrote:I'm happy with letting Miles go. We aren't going anywhere anyway and it's not like Miles moves the needle much

Good to see numerous people say this about Miles.

Talented player, just not a winning player. His basketball IQ is pretty low. I'm fine with a sign n trade at this point.

Return to Charlotte Hornets