Post#1 » by fatlever » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:03 pm

who do you want as our next coach?
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,261

Re: Quick Poll: Redick or Lee? 

Post#2 » by luciano-davidwesley » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:08 pm

I voted Redick only because he sounds extremely intelligent on and off the court. I'd have no problem with either and admit I don't know enough about either to make a truly informed decision.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,579

Post#3 » by EmpireFalls » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:13 pm

Check the teams in my profile, you’ll understand the Charles Lee vote. To be honest, I’d take Charles Barkley over Redick.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,535

Post#4 » by GoBobs » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:35 pm

I voted for Lee because I think Redick is a douche (although I would be ok with that if he wins).
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,299

Post#5 » by amcoolio » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:55 pm

Showing my age, I was a student at NC State when Redick was at Duke. I remember making various "JJ is gay" memes before memes were even a thing (and when it wasn't so frowned upon to say that back then lol, of course I would never say that now)
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,465

Post#6 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:56 pm

I was the first to bring JJ up as an option. I'm sticking with my guy.

I wouldn't be mad with Lee either.
Snidely FC
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,161

Post#7 » by Snidely FC » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:22 pm

I voted for Reddick because I think he has more upside (lol) and would increase the relevance of this franchise
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 940

Post#8 » by MugzZo » Wed May 1, 2024 12:26 am

JustBuzzin wrote:I was the first to bring JJ up as an option. I'm sticking with my guy.

Naww I mentioned is atleast a month ago. I just threw his name out there. You can dig. Other then castle who I don't hate but isn't my guy we are like 90% on the same page most of the time.

Sent from my SM-F936U using RealGM mobile app
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#9 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 1, 2024 12:29 am

MugzZo wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:I was the first to bring JJ up as an option. I'm sticking with my guy.

Naww I mentioned is atleast a month ago. I just threw his name out there. You can dig. Other then castle who I don't hate but isn't my guy we are like 90% on the same page most of the time.

A month ago?

I mentioned this way back in in January bro. I remember people laughing at the idea.
MugzZo
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by MugzZo » Wed May 1, 2024 12:53 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
MugzZo wrote:

A month ago?

I mentioned this way back in in January bro. I remember people laughing at the idea.
All I said atleast. It's probably more like 2 and a half. But we were both the 2 who were the first to mention it. When I saw the video of him breaking down millers game is when I started to get a coach crush.

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,104

Post#11 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed May 1, 2024 1:34 am

If we can get over the dick measuring contest on who mentioned who first my vote is obviously Redick.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#12 » by wilson115 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:36 am

Voted for Lee because we need the new coach to hit the ground running on getting this franchise turned around. Not sure how hiring someone with zero experience working in a front office shows a sense of urgency.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#13 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 1, 2024 2:51 am

MugzZo wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
MugzZo wrote:Naww I mentioned is atleast a month ago. I just threw his name out there. You can dig. Other then castle who I don't hate but isn't my guy we are like 90% on the same page most of the time.

A month ago?

All I said atleast. It's probably more like 2 and a half. But we were both the 2 who were the first to mention it. When I saw the video of him breaking down millers game is when I started to get a coach crush.

Yeah I was the one who posted the video lol

No big deal man we both suggested that's all that matters.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,554

Post#14 » by Bassman » Wed May 1, 2024 3:45 am

I’ve been hit with a change of heart,…call it a gut feeling.

I voted Reddick.

I’ve been knocking the consideration, knowing it makes little sense with zero coaching experience. A huge gamble. But listening to Lee, I get the feeling of a guy who’s smart, knows his stuff, but may not be a leader for people to rally around. Head coach has to REALLY be a great communicator with players, one on one and as a group. They need to inspire, set boundaries and expectations, hold guys accountable, and make the right decisions on personnel with their GM.

I just get this feeling Reddick is better in those areas than Lee. So WTH, if these are our choices, and I’m making that call with ZERO evidence or interview input, there’s my call.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
MugzZo
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by MugzZo » Wed May 1, 2024 6:33 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:If we can get over the dick measuring contest on who mentioned who first my vote is obviously Redick.
Reddick would be the most handsome coach in the league "no diddy"

Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,942

Post#16 » by Diop » Wed May 1, 2024 7:06 am

I heard the coach of the Westchester Knicks of the NBA G League could be an awesome option!
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,202

Post#17 » by SWedd523 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:42 am

MugzZo wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:If we can get over the dick measuring contest on who mentioned who first my vote is obviously Redick.
Reddick would be the most handsome coach in the league "no diddy"

Damn I wasted my penis comment of the week before I saw this

**** it

Penis
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,240

Post#18 » by KembaWalker » Wed May 1, 2024 1:39 pm

Redick had a hissyfit about being traded away from his family in New York, not sure why he’s suddenly ok with being a coach in Charlotte for probably a third of what he was making there

Also keep in mind that Redick essentially had the easiest job you can have in the NBA, his job was basically to practice and execute the same 2-3 actions for every game whilst being given the easiest perimeter defensive assignment every time down the floor for his entire career. Never was put into any kind of floor decision making role, was never a standout locker room leader

He is charismatic, handsome, and branded himself as “the smart guy in the room” when the room consists of Kendrick Perkins, Stephen A Smith, Paul Pierce etc. not exactly a high bar
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,542

Post#19 » by LofJ » Wed May 1, 2024 2:29 pm

KembaWalker wrote:Redick had a hissyfit about being traded away from his family in New York, not sure why he’s suddenly ok with being a coach in Charlotte for probably a third of what he was making there

Also keep in mind that Redick essentially had the easiest job you can have in the NBA, his job was basically to practice and execute the same 2-3 actions for every game whilst being given the easiest perimeter defensive assignment every time down the floor for his entire career. Never was put into any kind of floor decision making role, was never a standout locker room leader

He is charismatic, handsome, and branded himself as “the smart guy in the room” when the room consists of Kendrick Perkins, Stephen A Smith, Paul Pierce etc. not exactly a high bar

Redick has a lot of familiarity with the area. He and his brother/sisters grew up in TN/VA and all went to college in those states and NC. So it's not that crazy to make the assumption that he has real interest in returning to his roots.
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,236

Post#20 » by JMAC3 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:39 pm

KembaWalker wrote:Redick had a hissyfit about being traded away from his family in New York, not sure why he’s suddenly ok with being a coach in Charlotte for probably a third of what he was making there

When did get traded from New York? lol
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!

Return to Charlotte Hornets