And1: 1

Okafor's body language 

Post#1 » by CarolinaCash » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:05 am

Let's discuss after this game.......
A_novabobcat
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#2 » by A_novabobcat » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:27 am

Yeah his head is constantly down, walking away after a play even after the game he looked like he lacked confidence. Hopefully it's just nothing though.
CarolinaCash
Banned User

Post#3 » by CarolinaCash » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:36 am

Yeah.......it seems like he is really down on himself. He kind of seems like he is in shock......he's been the man for so long throughout UCONN and then as the "poster boy" for the new Bobcats.
e4Nf6
Starter

Post#4 » by e4Nf6 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:36 am

Oh how dark it is before the dawn...

He looks bad recently, but given his history I think he will get it togethter eventually.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#5 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:37 am

Can you blame him? We finally get a second big guy that can actually play, and we almost never play them together.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#6 » by BigSlam » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:38 am

He's in a bit of a slump. What would you expect him to do? Skip down the court? Smile and giggle during time outs?

That would be a million times worse.

His body language is restrained because:

A) He's never been an overly animated sort of guy

B) He really cares and hes bothered by this slump
B B M F 'ers
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#7 » by Bowens » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:41 am

Okafor will be gone either at the trade deadline, or in a sign and trade this summer. SV finally wised up and planted his lame ass on the bench the past 2 games where it belongs. If we had another veteran big man, Mek would never have seen the light of day in the OT's.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,684

Post#8 » by fatlever » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:18 am

all players go through slumps at some point. okafor is going through his at the moment. how he responds to the slump over the next month will be very telling about him as a player and as a person.

he is thinking too much out there...

and we really need to give nazr and mek more time together on the floor. we cant ride the wallace vs slower power forward mismatch forever.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#9 » by Bowens » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:52 am

fatlever wrote:all players go through slumps at some point. okafor is going through his at the moment. how he responds to the slump over the next month will be very telling about him as a player and as a person.

he is thinking too much out there...

I can understand a slump on offense because all players go through that, but where is the effort and toughness from Okafor on defense?

and we really need to give nazr and mek more time together on the floor.

Absolutely positively not. Mek only gets in Nazr's way. Also, Ray seems to drive more when Nazr is in the game. I don't think Ray likes playing with Mek because he clogs up the lane as he's facing Ray, whereas Nazr plays more on angles and turns his body much quicker to shield the big men away from Ray as he's driving the lane. Mek just backs off, letting the defensive players roam free and we end up getting our shots blocked.
BobCatsFoLife
Sophomore

Post#10 » by BobCatsFoLife » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Okafor's problem is that he is now realizing he should have took the money offered to him at the beginning of the season. Now he might end up with role player money! He figured that being on a team filled with injury that his numbers would be good enough to get a better deal. Who wouldn't be frustruated! He is a definite keeper. He just needs to work on his brick hands, and touch on his shot. Lifting weights isn't everything.
BobCatsFoLife
Sophomore

Post#11 » by BobCatsFoLife » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:38 pm

Okafor's problem is that he is now realizing he should have took the money offered to him at the beginning of the season. Now he might end up with role player money! He figured that being on a team filled with injury that his numbers would be good enough to get a better deal. Who wouldn't be frustruated! He is a definite keeper. He just needs to work on his brick hands, and touch on his shot. Lifting weights isn't everything.
BobCatsFoLife
Sophomore

Post#12 » by BobCatsFoLife » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:38 pm

realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#13 » by realfung » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:40 pm

I think you guys should keep him ....
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#14 » by spectre_ » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:44 pm

fatlever wrote:he is thinking too much out there...

That's exactly what he's doing, at least on offense. He's been getting blocked a lot this season and now he seems gun shy about just taking it up and powering it down.

Last night he came out looking VERY good on defense and I have no problem with him putting his main focus on that.

He's a smart guy, but I think his contract status has really gotten to him. Until he can just let that go and play I don't think he will get out of his slump.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#15 » by W_HAMILTON » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Bowens wrote:I can understand a slump on offense because all players go through that, but where is the effort and toughness from Okafor on defense?

Seven combined blocks + steals doesn't show effort on defense?
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#16 » by Bowens » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:38 pm

W_HAMILTON wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Seven combined blocks + steals doesn't show effort on defense?

Sometimes you get lucky. Like Eddy Curry, when he manages to pull down 6 rebounds in a game. The ball finds you, you don't find the ball.

Since you Okafor lovers like to throw up stats, here are some stats for you...

Meks 2 OT stat line:10 minutes 3 fouls, 1 turnover, 0 blocks, 0 steals, 1 rebound, 0 assists, shot 1-2 2pt fg, 1-2 ft, TOT 3 points

After doing nothing in the first OT, Mek woke up at the start of the 2nd OT when he managed to snare an offensive rebound and put back for 2. Then he went back into his shell and did nothing.

I'd throw up his 4th quarter stats but his ass was firmly planted on the bench, just like the Celtics game....where it should be. 000000000
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:47 pm

3 fouls Bowser. No Mohammed, what happens if Okafor fouls out too? He's in a slump.

Stats are pointless unless you analyze them.

I know for a fact one of those fouls was a blocked shot but LeBron got the benefit at home and another was an offensive foul, don't remember the 3rd.

And the TO was from going out of bounds to get the oreb because Carroll or Wallace or someone else was going after it as well and they collided.

No one scored on Emeka in either overtime. Cavs only scored on jumpers, although I'm sure that's Okafor's responsibility somehow in your world.

Finally, you shorted Okafor an Oreb and a dreb that occured in the 2nd OT.

edits for length and poor proofreading.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#18 » by Bowens » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:3 fouls Bowser. No Mohammed, what happens if Okafor fouls out too? He's in a slump.

Stats are pointless unless you analyze them.

I know for a fact one of those fouls was a blocked shot but LeBron got the benefit at home and another was an offensive foul, don't remember the 3rd.

And the TO was from going out of bounds to get the oreb because Carroll or Wallace or someone else was going after it as well and the collided.

No one scored on Emeka in OT either overtime. Cavs only scored on jumpers, although I'm sure that's Okafor's responsibility somehow in your world.

Finally, you shorted Okafor an Oreb and a dreb that occured in the 2nd OT.

I just watched the "blocked shot" on Lebron. That was CLEARLY a foul on Mek. Lebron hung in the air and Mek hacked his arm.

That TO was the result of Mek's stone hands not being able to secure the ball. He fumbled it out of bounds.

I apologize, I did short Mek one d rebound and also a block. Not an O rebound. Word of advice, don't use cbs sportline's full play by play.

Varejao had SIX of his rebounds in OT when Nazr had already fouled out.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:44 pm

I guess you have the game dvr/tivo'd? I used ESPN btw.

OMGOSH! THE BOBCATS HAVE TROUBLE REBOUNDING? THIS MUST BE NEW....BLAME EMEKA!
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#20 » by Bowens » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:I guess you have the game dvr/tivo'd? I used ESPN btw.

OMGOSH! THE BOBCATS HAVE TROUBLE REBOUNDING? THIS MUST BE NEW....BLAME EMEKA!

no but if you have league pass, you also get league pass broadband which has the game archived for 48 hours.

And weren't you the one posting Varejao's rebounding totals yesterday alluding to it being all against Nazr? Uh yes.

Just say NO to Mek. Watch old ass Antonio McDyess take him to school tonight.

Return to Charlotte Hornets