ImageImage

Game Thread: Charlotte v. Denver 1-14-08

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Did Shaq make more money in LA or Orlando?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:41 am

Yes
83%
No
17%
No, he made his money in College. Everyone knows that.
No votes
No, he made his money in College. Everyone knows that.
No votes

Total votes: 6

SteveMorrison15
Bench Warmer
And1: 51

Game Thread: Charlotte v. Denver 1-14-08 

Post#1 » by SteveMorrison15 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:41 am

Matt Carroll: He has been doing well as of late and I think he's going to play well enough to assist us a win. Plus I was sick of making Richardson and Wallace getting the pounce attention.

These guys are kick ace on Offense. I like to watch them play.

Vote or Not. It's up to you. But we want you to.
Don_eMOCION#31
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Don_eMOCION#31 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:29 am

nene won't play tonight. he's out because of personal health problems.

i hope for a good game guys :clap: you played well against boston 8)
German Denver Nuggets Blog! http://basketball-blogs.de/nuggets/
almost famous
Rookie

Post#3 » by almost famous » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:50 am

Yup good luck fellas. Gerald Wallace is my second favorite player.

Here's to another injury free game. :beer:
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#4 » by BigSlam » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:19 pm

If Felts is out Ai might go off for 50+pts tonight because we have no one small or quick enough to guard him.

On the other hand, JSwish should post up Ai any chance he gets and hit that fade away jumper. He's bigger and stronger so while he might get abused at one end, he needs to take advantage at the other.
B B M F 'ers
DaBassSource
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by DaBassSource » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:29 pm

I don't feel good about this matchup...unless we can get them in foul trouble...I just remember the last time I saw Melo here....it was not pretty for the home team...and Mek really needs to play big. They will block every shot he throws up if he brings that weak stuff....Mek remember how you played last game and bring it again.....
"Maybe I destroyed the game. But maybe, you're just making excuses.'' MJ
djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#6 » by djtruebeliever » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:05 pm

BigSlam wrote:If Felts is out Ai might go off for 50+pts tonight because we have no one small or quick enough to guard him.

On the other hand, JSwish should post up Ai any chance he gets and hit that fade away jumper. He's bigger and stronger so while he might get abused at one end, he needs to take advantage at the other.

AI will probably be guarding felton. good luck guys!
I'm in Kokokiko!
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#7 » by spectre_ » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Since all the PGs are going tonight does aAnyone want to place bets on our starting lineup?

Denver is running with Carter/AI/Melo/Martin/Camby

Which looks better:

Felts vs. AI
JSwish vs. Carter
Crash vs. Melo
Nazr vs. Martin
Mek vs. Camby

OR

Felts vs. AI
Touche' vs. Carter
JSwish vs. Melo
Crash vs. Martin
Mek vs. Camby
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Bowens » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:26 pm

spectre_ wrote:Since all the PGs are going tonight does aAnyone want to place bets on our starting lineup?

Denver is running with Carter/AI/Melo/Martin/Camby

Which looks better:

Felts vs. AI
JSwish vs. Carter
Crash vs. Melo
Nazr vs. Martin
Mek vs. Camby

OR

Felts vs. AI
Touche' vs. Carter
JSwish vs. Melo
Crash vs. Martin
Mek vs. Camby

Definitely like this matchup best
Felts vs. AI
JSwish vs. Carter
Crash vs. Melo
Nazr vs. Martin
Mek vs. Camby

but Sammy might want to counter the Nuggs small backcourt with Ray and McMinus, which IMO would be a big mistake. I'd rather them try and matchup with us. I don't want to see JRich against Melo. That would neutralize JRich because Melo will torch him. I'd rather JRich go up against the much smaller Carter, at least he can shoot over him and score. Plus if we have Nazr and Mek patrolling the paint, it would limit Carters and AI's effectiveness in getting all the way to the rim.

Then you have Crash vs. Melo. That would be a fun matchup because Crash would run Melo ragged on offensive which hopefully would slow down his game on the other end.

I don't like Mek vs. Camby. I see that as a VERY bad matchup. But wiith Nazr and Mek together in the lineup, we have the potential to score inside because I can't see KMart having the quickness to cover anyone. And Mek and Nazr together would limit the Nuggs inside scoring ability.

One thing we do have to watch out for in this lineup is AI and Carter blowing by our guards and causing our bigs to get many fouls. That could be a problem. So our perimeter D must be up to the task and just try to slow them down. Stick to that zone that has worked well lately and force AI and Melo to beat us with jump shots. This is not a game for man to man D.

If McMinus AND Carroll are on the bench for most of the game, I feel we have a great chance of winning.
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by spectre_ » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:46 pm

Yah I pretty much agree, but I wouldn't have too high expectations on JSwish & Felton slowing down AI (and Carter)...we know Jason doesn't have the lateral quickness and Felts would have a hard time keeping up with AI on a good day, much less with a bum ankle.

I see Touche' being a huge liability...even more than normal. Hopefully DA will get a lot of his burn.

Maybe by playing both Mek & Nazr together they can do better in containing the drives.

Crash will have to come in with the attitude of stopping Melo, else he'll get torched. Like you said though, hopefully he runs him ragged on the other end.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#10 » by Bowens » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:23 pm

spectre_ wrote:Yah I pretty much agree, but I wouldn't have too high expectations on JSwish & Felton slowing down AI (and Carter)...we know Jason doesn't have the lateral quickness and Felts would have a hard time keeping up with AI on a good day, much less with a bum ankle.

I see Touche' being a huge liability...even more than normal. Hopefully DA will get a lot of his burn.

Maybe by playing both Mek & Nazr together they can do better in containing the drives.

Crash will have to come in with the attitude of stopping Melo, else he'll get torched. Like you said though, hopefully he runs him ragged on the other end.

Yeah I don't expect Ray and Rich to stop AI and Carter, but if we have that zone going and our guards along with Crash are aggressive in stepping up and preventing penetration, I feel we can limit their easy baskets and avoid our big men from getting into foul trouble. Dare them to beat us from the outside. If they hit long open jump shots all game long, then so be it. I'll take my chances on that strategy like we did against the Pistons.

And we definitely have to play Mek and Nazr together in this one because Mek alone will get eaten up by a taller defensive minded Camby. Having Nazr in there will occupy Camby enough to help Mek get some easier looks at the basket. And if Mek can make some passes, he might just find an open Nazr who I feel can dominate KMart on the offensive end by either shooting that nice ten foot jumper or around the rim. And our guards should not be afraid to dump it into Mek because Camby is there, Mek just needs to make better decisions once he gets the ball.

And on offense, we need Crash to get into the paint and draw fouls on Camby. This is also an opportunity for JRich to sneak in along the baseline for those easy layup if Crash and Ray can get dribble penetration.

So we must attack them on offense and not settle for long jumpers. If McMinus plays then we're screwed because the offense gets stagnant.

If McMinus starts, then shame on Sam Vincent for playing us into the lottery.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#11 » by Bowens » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:11 am

UnFREAKINGbelievable. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

McMinus is starting!!!!!!!!!!
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#12 » by Bowens » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:17 am

How the hell can Sam Vincent put JRich on Melo?!?!?!? Now he has to chase him all over the court which will tire him out in the second half.

Sam Vincent you suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,489

Post#13 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:22 am

Interesting game and match-ups... I picked us to win so will stay with that.

edit: mainly because I think we'll play more defense than Denver will
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#14 » by Bowens » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:26 am

FINALLY SV makes the switch to Emeka and Nazr. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#15 » by Bowens » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:27 am

Well that lasted for about 30 seconds and now Carroll is in for Mek. HORRIBLE.

Now JRich has 2 fouls :banghead:
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#16 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:28 am

He should of started both.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#17 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:28 am

Meh, okay? Not sure about that move.
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by spectre_ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:31 am

Bowens wrote:FINALLY SV makes the switch to Emeka and Nazr. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Worked pretty well too...see that pass from Crash to Nazr to Mek for the basket?

I knew he'd start Touche'. He has pictures...I just know it.

Irony
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#19 » by Bowens » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:33 am

spectre_ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Worked pretty well too...see that pass from Crash to Nazr to Mek for the basket?

I knew he'd start Touche'. He has pictures...I just know it.

Yeah, that starting lineup should have been obvious to SV. I don't get it. It's like amateur hour with SV.

Now McMinus is back in. Must have something on him :roll:
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#20 » by Bowens » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:36 am

Perimeter defense on Denver has been beyond terrible which has allowed us to take the lead. And on offense Denver is missing everything. AI having a crappy game so far. Crash is aggressive as hell and taking it to them. Smart. Don't settle for jumpers!!!

Return to Charlotte Hornets