Please review the following forum guidelines. Most of these bullet points are not an issue on this board, however they are still worth reviewing.
General Forum Rules - thanks to mjhp911 for putting this together
General Behavior Rules
- No personal attacks or insulting other users (this includes indirect attacks like "LB supporters are idiots" or "Celtic fans are morons" (when a Celtics fan is in the discussion); this also includes 'e-bullying', harassing a poster incessantly for whatever reason, and 'e-stalking'.
- No thread hijacking (purposefully derailing a thread and taking it off topic in a disruptive manner).
- No spamming, or trying to sell your wares on the forum.
- No offensive content in avatars, signatures, or posts (swearing, porn style photos etc. ).
- No trolling (making comments just to start up arguments).
- No counter attacks. â€śHe started itâ€ť is not an excuse. If someone is insulting you, calmly press the Report to Moderator button (â€ś!â€ť) and move on.
- No post padding, i.e. make your posts meaningful.
- When posting from articles: credit the source, provide a link, and include no more than 3 paragraphs from the article directly in the thread.
- No posting articles from subscription sites (ESPN Insider or others).
- We also have to cut down on the cursing and bypassing the swear filter here.
- No Armchair Moderating! If you are not a moderator then do not attempt to moderate. It generally just degenerates thread and makes the jobs much harder for the actual moderators.
- Refrain from IBTL posts or other posts suggesting to lock a thread.
- Refrain from telling someone they'll be banned or suspended or waving "goodbye" to them when they do something you don't like.
- If you see a problem about a post in a thread, please hit the Report to Moderator button ("!") instead of posting in the thread about it.
- In general forward your complaints to a moderator on the board instead of posting them in public.
Thread Starting Rules
- Don't start a new thread when there are currently other threads on the front page discussing the same topic.
- Make your title meaningful and not suspense building (ie, no titles like "What if...")
- If you start a thread and it's locked, don't start a new thread asking why it was locked. Instead, PM one of the mods of this board if you are confused.
The main point to get across is this... attack the post and not the poster. It is certainly OK to disagree with another poster's views or a post in particular. Feel free to argue the points being made ad nauseum. However, there is no need to ever attack a poster directly with name calling, insults or by talking down to them.
I dont expect everyone to get along or agree but I do expect everyone to be respectful.