Hall Of Fame

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,621

Re: Hall Of Fame 

Post#21 » by fatlever » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:52 am

W_HAMILTON wrote:What is ILBIT? Is that Jared Dudley's nickname?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#22 » by BigSlam » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:15 pm

On the attempt at an instant marketing push for Chandler:

fatlever wrote:if you order season tix now you can get an autographed tyson chandler ball. no kidding.

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/bobcats_tick ... _page.html

i'm guessing tyson has to sign 5 basketballs max.
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#23 » by BigSlam » Thu Aug 6, 2009 5:03 pm

fatlever wrote:
antoekneeo wrote:Not surprised you guys did not get a NT game. Even when your a bad team, there has to be some redeeming quality that gets you a NT game ( for example NY: is the biggest media market, Golden ST: exciting brand of basketball for fans)

your sig is very ironic. it seems you're a grammar nazi. so, maybe you should put this in your sig... "you are is not the same as your"
B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#24 » by fatlever » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:11 pm

...regarding the HBO series True Blood.

W_HAMILTON wrote:As for Trueblood, the episode was ruined for me when that clingy vampire girl said something about how people say plasmas are so thin and light. How could they let that get through? Plasmas are heavy as all hell. Regeneration or not, if a vampire was hit with a plasma, it would stay dead. Maybe since it's a girl vampire, she doesn't understand these things.........

W_HAMILTON wrote:I don't watch many shows, so I can't make many analogies, but I got into watching this show called Trueblood on HBO. And if anyone is a fan, lately this one lady grows pig hands and does a shakey dance and makes all the people around her screw each other with black glazed over eyes.

Me, that truth guy, and Walt are like the ones that happen on the scene and are like "WTF," Larry Brown is like the pig-handed dancing lady, and you all have become the mesmerized people doing each other.

While that article might have missed a few points, it does point out the god awful waste that has been our draft history. And one of the very few brightspots, we just traded away.

I don't know when the people around here became such homers.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#25 » by fatlever » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:23 pm

i dont like to add my own posts to HOF but slam isnt around this week and it got some votes so....

regarding a picture of bernie givng sean may a glare on draft night

fatlever wrote:bernie's thoughts
- may is fat, lets hope that knee holds up. do you think i should add more plays? we only have 3. i wonder what brevin is doing right now. i should call him when i get home. hey, look at that spider on the floor. its so big. jb better stop drinking so much. check out that hot blonde in the back. cleavage. what if i add a play where brevin shots a jump shot with 15 seconds on the shot clock. i bet he would like that. i really should call him. i hope he's not mad at me for drafting a point guard. i'll just tell him that robert made me draft these UNC kids. he'll understand. i think thats JB's 5th beer. maybe i should drive him home. he lives close to brevin. i could probably stop by brevin's house real quick and bring him some taco bell. he loves taco bell. i hope he invites me in. was sean may's dad also fat? i dont remember. where did that spider go? oh no. i hate spiders. cleavage. you know who also likes cleavage? brevin. i should send him a txt that says "u r missing sum big boobies. talk 2 u l8tr" i bet he would laugh so hard. i bet sean his some big boobies. i didnt realize how fat he was. brevin hates fat girls. i better end this photo shoot. brevin will be in bed soon. where did JB go? -
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#26 » by BigSlam » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:51 pm

On our lack of a true back up PF and the introduction of the 2009/2010 Lady Cats:

Felton for Pres wrote:
fluffernutter wrote:Good lord. This is really bad.

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/lady_cats_09 ... eline.html

I won't say another thing. Just follow the link.

Perhaps this is our new PF??
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#27 » by BigSlam » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:42 pm

On being able to ask Rod Higgins questions during his live chat after the Stephen Jackson trade:

Walt Cronkite wrote:I need an alias for my question I'm crafting for the chat: "Rod, with your extensive time working with the GSW, you must have some unique insight on Stephen Jackson. Is it okay to continue to bring my children to the games? They are very small, but sometimes have a tendency to throw things remarkably far and with accuracy. Please advise."
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#28 » by BigSlam » Tue Dec 8, 2009 2:03 pm

On a Cavs fans suggestion we trade them Crash for their scraps:

99problems wrote:Whenever you have a chance to trade Gerald Wallace for Darnell Jackson, you have to do it.
B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#29 » by fatlever » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:08 pm

in response to slam's detailed Canadian immigration process

Walt Cronkite wrote:I'm pretty sure that's the plot to Canadian Bacon :-?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#30 » by BigSlam » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Mezotarkus's term for our combination at center that consists of Chandler, Mohammed, Diop and Ratliff:

"Frankencenter"
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#31 » by BigSlam » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Rich on our 2009/2010 playoff chances after the All Star break and a mini form slump:

Rich4114 wrote:Ya know, looking at the teams competing for the 6-8 seeds we do seem to have the best one from this point on. Eventhough we may end up losing 7 in a row by the time we play GS.

The problem with this team is we don't beat the teams we're supposed to beat. You can't lose games to NJ, LA Clippers, Bucks, and then expect to make the playoffs. If we can off-set those games with wins Vs Dallas, LA, and Memphis for example then I like our chances the rest of the way. I swear though, if it comes down to us having to beat Chicago the last game of the season because we lose to NJ the 2nd to last I'm gonna commit a crime.

Walt's reply:
Walt Cronkite wrote:[Somewhere in the future on April 15th]
:reporter:: Tragic news today, as Bobcats forum poster Rich4114 has been banned from the Canadian basketball website RealGM. Mr. 4114 is the main suspect in last night's murder against useless center Tyson Chandler following the Bobcats loss to the Chicago Bulls--a lost that cost them their first playoff birth in team history. Close personal friend Raymond Felton could not be reached for comment.
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#32 » by BigSlam » Fri Mar 5, 2010 2:38 pm

Stun704 wrote:NBA refs are absolutely horrible, I can't wait till they are replaced by robots
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#33 » by BigSlam » Sat Mar 6, 2010 4:55 pm

After his first good game for the Bobcats, Dex justifies why Hendo should be playing over Hulk:

Dexmor wrote:Also I know it's 1 game but Gerald's got D and a jumper. All Graham has is D and a jumper so I would play Gerald more.
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#34 » by BigSlam » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:59 pm

esoteric001 wrote:
thruthefire wrote:'06-07 version of EO50 is a top six center today. I hope he can get back to being that guy some day.

yeah, well the '97-'98 Esoteric001 got a lot more and better looking girls to come home with him, but I don't see either of us returning to greatness.
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#35 » by BigSlam » Wed Apr 7, 2010 2:22 am

Rich expressing his hatred for all things Milwaukee Buck related:

Rich4114 wrote:I would pay to watch Earson and Delfino run into each other and get knocked unconscious for the rest of the season.
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#36 » by BigSlam » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:37 pm

After Magic fan sabid spent a day posting the same pic of MJ laughing leading up to our first playoff series Vs the Magic:

Rich4114 wrote:would it be frowned upon if I decided to add my own caption?

"Hey Mike, what's that?"

"I just found out how tiny sabid's peepee is"

B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#37 » by fatlever » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:28 pm

Le Meneur wrote:
Walt Cronkite wrote:This made me LOL. I was with a room full of people that are not easy Felton sells, but we've sort of rallied around, "Well, he IS a good defender, so there's that" and well... there was A LOT of speechless head shaking in the first half.

Well let me tell you Walt that I was not speechless at that particuliar time, I was actually screaming my indignated guts out ! My neighbours might have be thinking I was on coke beating my imaginary girlfriend lol

I swear... i'm gonna have a hard time enduring this BS D from Felts next game especially since I'll be at work. And I can not afford to be caught being a lunatic watching game in his working time !!! Can't happen...
You heard me Ray, you quit this ****, ALRIGHT !?!?!?!?! You're gonna get me fired, you dumbass
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#38 » by Walt Cronkite » Mon May 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Amcoolio posted a picture of himself following graduation. Rich threw a soft one and Slam knocked it out of the park:

BigSlam wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:haha it's always funny to me when we put a real face on a msg board poster

Here are some more pics of our posters:

Paydro:

Slam and Walt:

Fats:

W_Hamilton:

Rich:
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#39 » by BigSlam » Mon Jun 7, 2010 1:00 pm

Mezotarkus wrote:Beasley would spend 90% of the game on the bench under Larry Brown. Beasley thinks defense is what keeps his dog in the backyard. He certainly doesn't think it has anything to do with basketball.
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#40 » by BigSlam » Fri Jul 9, 2010 9:36 pm

Mezotarkus response when a Knicks fan asked for an indepth description of Felton's game:

Mezotarkus wrote:Do you know the sound the ball makes when it goes in the rim? You'll hear that about 35% of the time with Felton.
B B M F 'ers

Return to Charlotte Hornets