Jalen Brunson V Anthony Edwards

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Better Player Right Now

Jalen Brunson
66%
Anthony Edwards
34%

Total votes: 145

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,143

Re: Jalen Brunson V Anthony Edwards 

Post#41 » by cgf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:08 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I admit this.

Would the Mavs be in the same position as one of the hottest teams with Brunson instead of Kyrie? Yes
Would the Knicks be the #2 seed with Kyrie instead of Brunson? No

I'm not sure Brunson could ever give you what kyrie gives you as a number two option. I really doubt it. He's not a great off ball player.

But let me ask you this. If you're Luka, would you rather Kyrie or Brunson be your teammate during the upcoming playoffs, assuming both are healthy?

I think the Mavs are considerably better with kyrie than Brunson, because of fit.

Are you confusing Brunson with someone else? Between this and your comment about their #s, are you sure you're not thinking of Dame?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,540

Post#42 » by NYKnickerbocker » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:26 pm

Brunson is about as good as kyrie is offball lol. He had no problems catching and shooting off of Randle/RJ/IQ kick outs. He has elite offensive awareness and all that lol. If kyrie is a “great” off ball player, so is Brunson
UglyBugBall
Senior
And1: 711

Post#43 » by UglyBugBall » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 pm

cgf wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I admit this.

Would the Mavs be in the same position as one of the hottest teams with Brunson instead of Kyrie? Yes
Would the Knicks be the #2 seed with Kyrie instead of Brunson? No

I'm not sure Brunson could ever give you what kyrie gives you as a number two option. I really doubt it. He's not a great off ball player.

But let me ask you this. If you're Luka, would you rather Kyrie or Brunson be your teammate during the upcoming playoffs, assuming both are healthy?

I think the Mavs are considerably better with kyrie than Brunson, because of fit.

Are you confusing Brunson with someone else? Between this and your comment about their #s, are you sure you're not thinking of Dame?

No I'm talking about Brunson. Dame isn't even on the tier below them anymore.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,553

Post#44 » by Revived » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 pm

I’ll take Brunson. He’s less flash than Edwards but also more effective imo.

He reminds me of CP3 in a lot of ways, not in terms of style of play but rather in terms of being a “floor raiser”. Like CP3 has never played on a trash team in his life cause he always makes them at the very least solid and Brunson is the same way. Of course that’s the minimum he can do, he’ll likely do a lot more than just raise the floor in his career.

Ant Edwards right now is more flash than substance. Terrific player and definitely a star but he does get overhyped a bit.
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,892

Post#45 » by JasonStern » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:55 pm

Voted Edwards, but I could easily be swayed in Brunson's favor. Mind is still blown that the Mavericks let Steve Nash walk, then repeated the mistake letting Jalen Brunson walk.
"I don't get timeouts. You're getting paid millions. Go do basketball things."
- Chauncey Billups
CKB
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#46 » by CKB » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:02 pm

The question is about right now. The answer is Brunson. ANT's basketball IQ is still lacking. Brunson is cerebral, can dissect a defense and make his teammates better. ANT is still young with god gifted talents and hopefully he can develop more mentally to be as cerebral as Brunson is at his age.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,172

Post#47 » by DaGawd » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:18 pm

Roy T wrote:Man the love for Brunson is unreal. Y'all need a reality check and it will come soon...

you either don’t watch the knicks at all or don’t really pay attention to the league and it’s landscape to have this type of take
BaF
Washington Wizards
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 813

Post#48 » by NY2k1 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:23 pm

Roy T wrote:
shtolky wrote:
Roy T wrote:This is who Brunson is, easily the best PG in the East and an MVP candidate.

In my opinion Haliburton is clearly a better PG. How on earth is Brunson an MVP candidate? He might make the top 10, but thats it

Lol, I bet even Hali doesn't think he's better than Brunson, at least clearly :lol: :lol:
cgf
RealGM

Post#49 » by cgf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:51 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
cgf wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:

No I'm talking about Brunson. Dame isn't even on the tier below them anymore.

Are you sure? Jalen is excellent off the ball :-/
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,212

Post#50 » by Quentin » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:29 am

Brunson - 27 years old
Edwards - 22 years old

Why we comparing them?
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#51 » by Roy T » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:07 am

NY2k1 wrote:
Roy T wrote:
shtolky wrote:

In my opinion Haliburton is clearly a better PG. How on earth is Brunson an MVP candidate? He might make the top 10, but thats it

Lol, I bet even Hali doesn't think he's better than Brunson, at least clearly :lol: :lol:

As a point guard? 100%.

Brunsen is a midget SG.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#52 » by DaGawd » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:08 am

Roy T wrote:
NY2k1 wrote:
Roy T wrote:

As a point guard? 100%.

Brunsen is a midget SG.

he’s a point guard.. he’s a team stabilizer/game manager.. just happens to also be really good at scoring
BaF
Washington Wizards
Roy T
Pro Prospect

Post#53 » by Roy T » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 am

DaGawd wrote:
Roy T wrote:Man the love for Brunson is unreal. Y'all need a reality check and it will come soon...

you either don’t watch the knicks at all or don’t really pay attention to the league and it’s landscape to have this type of take

If the guy played for Charlotte nobody would give a damn. But the media in New York hypes him up. It’s ridiculous to put him in the MVP discussion or to think he is a great point guard.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#54 » by DaGawd » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:14 am

Roy T wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

If the guy played for Charlotte nobody would give a damn. But the media in New York hypes him up. It’s ridiculous to put him in the MVP discussion or to think he is a great point guard.

according to gilbert arenas we don’t hype him up enough and it’s the reason he’s not a star.. he didn’t even start in the all star game because he didn’t get enough votes from us ..not sure what you’re talking about but go off king
BaF
Washington Wizards
Roy T
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by Roy T » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:19 am

DaGawd wrote:according to gilbert arenas

Word? What’s JaRules opinion on this?
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#56 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:39 am

Roy T wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

The national media said Brunson wasn’t a 1A type of player and that he wouldn’t be the best player on the floor in a playoff series.

He went on to average 31.5/7.1 on 58.5% TS after Randle went down.

Over the last 10 games, he went on to average 37.8/8.3 on 60.6% TS.

Name a guard who’s had this type of run this year.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,139

Post#57 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:42 am

Wait...why? Just why? Please keep son of Rick Brunson's name out of your mouth.

This is a silly question, the poll is missing that option.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
cgf
RealGM

Post#58 » by cgf » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:23 am

Roy T wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

:lol: If Jalen was dragging Charlotte to the playoffs right now instead of us, he'd be getting a ton of hype.

Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,368

Post#59 » by Scalabrine » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:40 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:Edwards. Easily. Brunson is too small. He's going to get exploited in the playoffs defensively. He's like a micro luka, which is still really good but not top tier. He's not better than kyrie yet, although he'll play harder over the course of a season.

You're being a bitter troll so I'm not gonna waste too much time on you, but check this out!

https://stathead.com/basketball/versus-finder.cgi?request=1&seasons_type=perchoice&player_id1=irvinky01&p1yrfrom=2024&p1yrto=2024&player_id2=brunsja01&p2yrfrom=2024&p2yrto=2024

It's pretty clear to everyone but you.
Go Knicks!
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,368

Post#60 » by Scalabrine » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:41 pm

Go Knicks!

Return to The General Board