2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,353

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4061 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:34 pm

CKB wrote:The reckless and intentional foul from Embiid is a big disappointment. He shot the lights out. He didn't need to injure others but he had to play dirty to match up to the physicality of the Knicks centers. He also kicked both Hartenstein and Robinson in the groin. He kept screaming and pointing at the refs for the whole game and still didn't get ejected is ridiculous. I can't root for this type of behavior. If the league don't suspend him, he is going to hurt another player with his 7ft 280 lb body frame in game 4.

When he injured Mitch the Knicks were up and Mitch was playing him as well as anyone. I think he felt he had to do it. It's still dirty as hell, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing.
I don't remember ever feeling so relieved that a series was over. This one was a bit too tense for me. Great series, but not fun to watch, even though the good guys won.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,638

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4062 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:37 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Dirk wrote:
chudak wrote:I decided to believe in Embiids explanation being true because he seems to be stupid.

What is his explanation?

said he pulled mitchell robinson out of the air to protect himself

Those 50 points feel a lot cheaper once you realize how many free throws he got gifted and how he took out Mitch
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4063 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:The way that game was officiated, the refs are asking for trouble in Game 4 imo. I would expect some hard fouls against Embiid, maybe even a hip check thrown his way

The league doesn't want that. While they're protecting Embiid, I'm guessing they'll have private conversations with Philly to ask him to tone it down.

and like in baseball, the retaliation will probably be called harder. NY is in a tough spot, because if they retaliate, they could lose a player by suspension. The league gave a game to philly, maybe the series and they don't care. But they do care about retaliation and won't stand for it.
I don't remember ever feeling so relieved that a series was over. This one was a bit too tense for me. Great series, but not fun to watch, even though the good guys won.
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,705

Post#4064 » by binjumper » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:49 pm

Embiid just dirty man. He does this every playoffs and takes out at least 1 player from a series. For one of the most coordinated big mans in the game. He likes to act clumsy to get cheap shots in. He'll never win ****. He needs to be more like Maxey and just ball out without the bull.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,147

Post#4065 » by MagicMatic » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:49 pm

As an impartial observer..

I don't care about hard fouls in the playoffs. It's better for the game.

BUT its definitely a bitch move to intentionally injure dudes legs when they are landing and try to play it off like you weren't trying to.

The art of making it look like you aren't intentionally injuring guys (Draymond, Embiid) when its clearly your motive is just ridiculously dirty ****.

Make a hard foul ON the play and quit being a bitch. Some of these plays aren't basketball.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4066 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:13 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:I know the story of this series has been Embiid's dirty play but it feels like the Sixers are slightly outplaying the Knicks right now. There's no answer for Embiid and Maxey has been cooking OG when he's being guarded by him. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sixers win the next 3.

They're not outplaying the Knicks though. NY was up when Embiid took out Mitch, and Brunson had basically his worst game of the season game 2. Part of that was the tough defense and letting players on both teams get away with little fouls. It's a close series. but taking out a player doesn't make Philly better, even if it helps them win.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,727

Post#4067 » by Butch718 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:13 pm

liquidswords wrote:The whining about Embiid is becoming so tired. What happened to appreciating greatness? Oh only when its everyone except Embiid? He just dropped 50 in a critical game on 1 leg.

Because usually those that drop great performances don’t have to resort to dirty plays (he had 2 of them) and constant whining in order to be great.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,896

Post#4068 » by lobosloboslobos » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 pm

I don't understand how people defend Embiid. He has a long long history of injuring guys, of egregious flopping and of acting like a spoiled brat. I can't think of any athlete with superstar skills who constantly behaves like such an entitled b*tch. With his size and terrific skills he could have all the admiration he obviously craves from the entire league and its fans – to say nothing of playoff success – by being a courageous leader with integrity, but instead he acts like a whiny jerk and cries when things don't go his way.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,453

Post#4069 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:21 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:I know the story of this series has been Embiid's dirty play but it feels like the Sixers are slightly outplaying the Knicks right now. There's no answer for Embiid and Maxey has been cooking OG when he's being guarded by him. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sixers win the next 3.

They're not outplaying the Knicks though. NY was up when Embiid took out Mitch, and Brunson had basically his worst game of the season game 2. Part of that was the tough defense and letting players on both teams get away with little fouls. It's a close series. but taking out a player doesn't make Philly better, even if it helps them win.

Yeah this series could still go either way because they are both very talented teams...but I still feel good about closing this out. It took a lot for the 6ers to just get this one win without us scraping our way back into it. If we take game 4 on Sunday, this thing isn't getting back to philly.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,879

Post#4070 » by 510TWSS » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:36 pm

that is a crazy play to rule just a flagrant 1 lmao even the 80's nba bros were like 'geesh'
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 10,065

Post#4071 » by ___Rand___ » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:38 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
CKB wrote:The reckless and intentional foul from Embiid is a big disappointment. He shot the lights out. He didn't need to injure others but he had to play dirty to match up to the physicality of the Knicks centers. He also kicked both Hartenstein and Robinson in the groin. He kept screaming and pointing at the refs for the whole game and still didn't get ejected is ridiculous. I can't root for this type of behavior. If the league don't suspend him, he is going to hurt another player with his 7ft 280 lb body frame in game 4.

When he injured Mitch the Knicks were up and Mitch was playing him as well as anyone. I think he felt he had to do it. It's still dirty as hell, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

He does. He purposely tried to injure both Hartstein and Robinson. In one series vs Sixers Embiid managed to injure all 3 players Raptors used to guard him. 2 of them went out of the game. One for the whole playoffs.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#4072 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:44 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:The way that game was officiated, the refs are asking for trouble in Game 4 imo. I would expect some hard fouls against Embiid, maybe even a hip check thrown his way

The league doesn't want that. While they're protecting Embiid, I'm guessing they'll have private conversations with Philly to ask him to tone it down.

and like in baseball, the retaliation will probably be called harder. NY is in a tough spot, because if they retaliate, they could lose a player by suspension. The league gave a game to philly, maybe the series and they don't care. But they do care about retaliation and won't stand for it.

Yea, the Knicks aren't really in a good position to get anything done. Like we can kinda retaliate against Embiid, but the league is protecting this guy pretty hard. It's not just the free throws. Look at the way they protected Embiid instead of Mitch, when it was Embiid who hurt Mitch.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,453

Post#4073 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:46 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

Yea, the Knicks aren't really in a good position to get anything done. Like we can kinda retaliate against Embiid, but the league is protecting this guy pretty hard. It's not just the free throws. Look at the way they protected Embiid instead of Mitch, when it was Embiid who hurt Mitch.

Just gotta beat them on Sunday and Joel can shut it down for the olympics 8-)
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
jigga_man
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,183

Post#4074 » by jigga_man » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:16 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Dirk wrote:
What is his explanation?

said he pulled mitchell robinson out of the air to protect himself

Those 50 points feel a lot cheaper once you realize how many free throws he got gifted and how he took out Mitch

That may be the dirtiest play I've ever seen. That's crazy.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,077

Post#4075 » by spree8 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm

Butch718 wrote:
liquidswords wrote:The whining about Embiid is becoming so tired. What happened to appreciating greatness? Oh only when its everyone except Embiid? He just dropped 50 in a critical game on 1 leg.

Because usually those that drop great performances don’t have to resort to dirty plays (he had 2 of them) and constant whining in order to be great.

Yea or being gifted 20+ FT’s due to incessant complaining and flopping. No different than a parent capitulating to a spoiled child. Disgusting site to see
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,490

Post#4076 » by PD28 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:43 pm

If Knicks fans didn't hate Embid before, they will after playing a full series against him :lol: :lol: . Raps fans remember 2019 and how many antics there were in that series.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,567

Post#4077 » by WuTang_OG » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 pm

Refs got the memo. its going 7
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,727

Post#4078 » by Butch718 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 pm

PD28 wrote:If Knicks fans didn't hate Embid before, they will after playing a full series against him :lol: :lol: . Raps fans remember 2019 and how many antics there were in that series.

I’ve hated a lot of players before…

Reggie
Jordan
Pierce
Garnett
etc

But I begrudgingly respected them.

I have 0 respect for Embiid as a player. That dude is a complete insufferable bitch.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#4079 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,932

Post#4080 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:09 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
And those were multiple dirty plays, kicking 2 different players in the nuts INTENTIONALLY and then also grabbing the dudes ankle and twisting it as he goes up for a layup while you're on the ground.

Knicks have had zero dirty plays. Idk what you consider dirty, but clearly you don't know what dirty is.

Again I don't know why I'm even arguing with you, you've already shown to be a troll in the past and don't post anything worth reading. You literally are here just to disagree with Knicks fans, nothing else. Carry on troll.

I do know what dirty is. Both teams have played dirty. Especially your Knicks when they mugged Maxey multiple times. To the point where EVEN Stephen A Smith said Philly got robbed.

So please stop playing the victim here.

Youre just using ad hominem attacks because youre emotional about your team losing lol. Get a grip. Sheesh.

Dirty is intentionally injuring a player.

No Knick has done that.

Also the fact that you brought up SAS when he does not represent the Knicks fans at all just shows your IQ.

You get a grip, go back to your NJ Nets board now and talk to your 2 other fans about your offseason. Lord knows you only show your face in Knicks related threads whenever they lose. :lol: :lol:

Embiid didn't intentionally injure anyone. And the only low IQ one is you who can't admit they lost fair and square.

Sore losers are pathetic.

Keep brining up the Nets because youre emotional your team lost. Just shows how insecure you guys are. :lol:

Return to The General Board