Shaq being disrespectful

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

TheFire
Senior
And1: 1,050

Re: Shaq being disrespectful 

Post#201 » by TheFire » Fri May 10, 2024 8:29 pm

Optms wrote:I didn't see anything wrong with what Shaq said.

I actually commend him for saying it to Jokics face. You Jokic fans need to stop being so sensitive. Shaq has obviously had Shai as his MVP and didnt want Jokic to hear it from others without him telling him first. Fun fact. Not everyone kisses the ground Jokic walks on. Both guys handled it well.

Cmon man.

It doesn't take a lot of emotional intelligence to know that what Shaq did was completely out of line.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 943

Post#202 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:31 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:He clearly was just jealous that Jokic has more MVPs
Truly think Shaq fears he will finally be overtaken by Joker as the Best Center of all time

I'm the biggest Joker fan and while I can see a path to Top 5 all-time, it's hard (impossible) for me to see Jokic ever overtaking KAJ's accomplishments.

But Shaquille feeling threatened at having been overtaken by Joker in all-time rankings? I can see that being the reason he's a spiteful SOB. :lol:

EDIT: According to O'Neal, Bol Bol is as good as Wembanyama. Thats all I need to say in regards to how I view him as an analyst.

In the modern era

If Jokic finds a way to comeback and win a championship this year. He definitely has a chance to pass KAJ if he keeps this up the next 5 yrs
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#203 » by dygaction » Fri May 10, 2024 8:35 pm

I actually commend him for saying it to Jokics face. You Jokic fans need to stop being so sensitive. Shaq has obviously had Shai as his MVP and didnt want Jokic to hear it from others without him telling him first. Fun fact. Not everyone kisses the ground Jokic walks on. Both guys handled it well.

Not really, he was hired by TNT and asked by NBA to congratulate the MVP winner not challenging him.

Think about the reverse as SGA receiving it instead of Jokic in a similar landslide 79:15 1st vites. Would people like Steven A Smith ever say Jokic more deserving? Can you imagine Ernie say that and what the response would be? Or last year, see how unanimous last year and how soft Shaq/crew was on Embiid even though the it was closer and more controversiaal.

https://youtu.be/rhM8WlahjuU?featureh=shared
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,810

Post#204 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 10, 2024 8:38 pm

His fans are more upset then Jokic. :lol:

Jokic literally laughed it off. This is a non story. I'm more interested in the Shaq vs Shannon beef.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,388

Post#205 » by HotRocks34 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:23 pm

Feel bad for Shaq. He's so bitter and fragile.

He should have taken better care of his body and stayed in shape during the regular season, which everyone knows he didn't do.

He had plenty of help, as the chart below shows. Of course, having Kobe on the team didn't help his MVP chances. But he still has 4 rings so he's good.

Hopefully NBC acquires the NBA from TNT and Shaq's days as commentator can mercifully come to an end. It's time.

** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,121

Post#206 » by sp6r=underrated » Fri May 10, 2024 9:29 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:Feel bad for Shaq. He's so bitter and fragile.

He should have taken better care of his body and stayed in shape during the regular season, which everyone knows he didn't do.

He had plenty of help, as the chart below shows. Of course, having Kobe on the team didn't help his MVP chances. But he still has 4 rings so he's good.

Hopefully NBC acquires the NBA from TNT and Shaq's days as commentator can mercifully come to an end. It's time.

OT, but that image indicates how lucky Magic/Bird got with where they landed. In a smaller league your teammates are going to be more decorated but even after adjusting for that they still grade out way better than players who landed in great spot early on like Duncan, Harden and Shaq.

Magic and Bird are all timers. They helped saved basketball so this isn't meant as a knock..
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,547

Post#207 » by BigGargamel » Fri May 10, 2024 9:34 pm

sp6r=underrated wrote:

OT, but that image indicates how lucky Magic/Bird got with where they landed. In a smaller league your teammates are going to be more decorated but even after adjusting for that they still grade out way better than players who landed in great spot early on like Duncan, Harden and Shaq.

Magic and Bird are all timers. They helped saved basketball so this isn't meant as a knock..

People think the NBA and draft lottery is rigged now, but the way the draft was handled back then was an absolute joke. The league basically handed the Lakers a dynasty. :lol:

On August 5, 1976, the Los Angeles Lakers acquired 1977, 1978 and 1979 first-round picks, and a 1980 second-round pick from the New Orleans Jazz in exchange for a 1978 first-round pick and a 1977 second-round pick. This trade was arranged as compensation when the Jazz signed Gail Goodrich on July 19, 1976.[25] The Lakers used the pick to draft Magic Johnson.

What a travesty.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM

Post#208 » by sp6r=underrated » Fri May 10, 2024 9:36 pm

BigGargamel wrote:
sp6r=underrated wrote:

People think the NBA and draft lottery is rigged now, but the way the draft was handled back then was an absolute joke. The league basically handed the Lakers a dynasty. :lol:

On August 5, 1976, the Los Angeles Lakers acquired 1977, 1978 and 1979 first-round picks, and a 1980 second-round pick from the New Orleans Jazz in exchange for a 1978 first-round pick and a 1977 second-round pick. This trade was arranged as compensation when the Jazz signed Gail Goodrich on July 19, 1976.[25] The Lakers used the pick to draft Magic Johnson.

What a travesty.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I'm sure what happened was nothing more than NO being run by fools. But if it was a conspiracy, I'm glad it happened. The NBA was on the ropes and the Bird/Magic, LA/BOS rivalry saved it.
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#209 » by HotRocks34 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:44 pm

sp6r=underrated wrote:
The NBA was on the ropes and the Bird/Magic, LA/BOS rivalry saved it.

Yep.

I lived in San Antonio in the late 1970's and we were in the same neighborhood where George Gervin lived.

He was a star but nothing like how players are viewed today.

My dad was a baller so we watched a good number of Spurs games, but the league was nowhere near as popular as it is today.

A few years later, Magic and Bird came on the scene. Then everything started to change.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM

Post#210 » by sp6r=underrated » Fri May 10, 2024 9:46 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:
sp6r=underrated wrote:

Yep.

I lived in San Antonio in the late 1970's and we were in the same neighborhood where George Gervin lived.

My dad was a baller so we watched a good number of Spurs games, but the league was nowhere near as popular as it is today.

A few years later, Magic and Bird came on the scene. Then everything started to change.

Did you see Gervin in-person? If so did he look as skinny as he appeared through pictures.
HotRocks34
RealGM

Post#211 » by HotRocks34 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:51 pm

sp6r=underrated wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:
sp6r=underrated wrote:

Yep.

Did you see Gervin in-person? If so did he look as skinny as he appeared through pictures.

I honestly don't remember. I was pretty young then.

I don't have a clear memory of having seen him, so maybe not. But I know he lived very close because my dad mentioned it a fair amount.
Rust_Cohle
Starter
And1: 2,247

Post#212 » by Rust_Cohle » Fri May 10, 2024 10:10 pm

Shaq is by far the worst thing to happen to TNT. Not sure why people buy his crap so much. Too many cooks in the kitchen when Shaq joined.
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,298

Post#213 » by Dacost » Fri May 10, 2024 10:44 pm

I got second hand cringe from that diss track from Shaq.

Is kind of sad to a 50 year old act like teenager.
Prestige
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,195
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#214 » by Prestige » Fri May 10, 2024 11:03 pm

Rust_Cohle wrote:Shaq is by far the worst thing to happen to TNT. Not sure why people buy his crap so much. Too many cooks in the kitchen when Shaq joined.

I thought I was in the minority in that I felt Inside The NBA got worse when they added Shaq. It was the perfect formula before: Ernie the mediator and host, Kenny with the X's and O's, and Chuck with the jokes and occasional insight. I don't like Shaq. He took away airtime from the rest of them to sit there and grumble.
Rust_Cohle
Starter
And1: 2,247

Post#215 » by Rust_Cohle » Fri May 10, 2024 11:59 pm

PRESTIGE wrote:
Rust_Cohle wrote:Shaq is by far the worst thing to happen to TNT. Not sure why people buy his crap so much. Too many cooks in the kitchen when Shaq joined.

I thought I was in the minority in that I felt Inside The NBA got worse when they added Shaq. It was the perfect formula before: Ernie the mediator and host, Kenny with the X's and O's, and Chuck with the jokes and occasional insight. I don't like Shaq. He took away airtime from the rest of them to sit there and grumble.

His attitude and massive insecurities are awful to witness. He just comes off a thin skinned moron with the worst takes. The 3 of the original members got on so well, Shaq forces everything and is never ever funny. I don’t get what anyone would see in him on TV.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,998

Post#216 » by AleksandarN » Sat May 11, 2024 12:04 am

JustBuzzin wrote:

His fans are more upset then Jokic. :lol:

Jokic literally laughed it off. This is a non story. I'm more interested in the Shaq vs Shannon beef.

Lol. That’s like swift smiling while Kayne taking the mic during that awards ceremony. It was rude and disrespectful as people in the media have commented. Your purpose in this thread is to troll. This is about Shaq
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,592

Post#217 » by lonzo_pelota » Sat May 11, 2024 12:29 am

so the day after shaq disses Joker, he has a scathing paragraph of disrespect for shannon sharp, all while he having fun in the sun with his 21yr old plaything who is younger than some of his kids, hmmm a laker great but a strange fellow
dj20001
Sophomore
And1: 57

Post#218 » by dj20001 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:21 am

TheGeneral99 wrote:
dj20001 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
To be fair, that roster did crap all without him. He was the entire engine of the team that increased everyone's efficiency like very little could do.

That first MVP was just about the entire shock of how the Suns could win that many games. We all know Nash didn't win those MVPs based on his individual skillset.

All of those players had careers, all star ones at that, outside of their seasons with Nash (maybe Barbosa didn't - but he's arguably better than any player on the Lakers other than Kobe from 2004-2006 and he was a sixth man in Phoenix.) Can't say the same for the supporting casts of his contemporaries.

Definitely not Kobe, Shaq probably has less of a leg to stand on with Wade, Eddie Jones and others as teammates in Miami during this time period.

What about the 2006 season?

Lost Joe Johnson to free agency and Amare tore his ACL and missed the entire season. What did the Suns do? They won 54 games and took the Mavs to 6 games in the conference finals because Nash was so **** dominant.

I think its the second MVP thats more in question. That 2006 is a lot like the first GSW team from the standpoint of having a style that the league wasn't prepared for yet.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#219 » by stillgotgame » Sat May 11, 2024 1:44 am

TheFire wrote:

Cmon man.

It doesn't take a lot of emotional intelligence to know that what Shaq did was completely out of line.

Shaq has no emotional intelligence. Jokic was the bigger man to shrug it off.
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#220 » by Enso » Sat May 11, 2024 1:52 am

When keeping it real goes wrong

Return to The General Board