What happened to LaMelo Ball?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,958

Re: What happened to LaMelo Ball? 

Post#81 » by cdubbz » Sun May 12, 2024 5:08 am

Lamelo was drafted 3rd andstill the 3rd best player in the 2020 draft behind Anthony Edwards and Tyrese Haliburton. Let's see if he can get back into the same tier as the other two. (No, Haliburton is not on the same tier as Edwards).
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#82 » by stuporman » Sun May 12, 2024 5:16 am

'The Balls are made of glass' is the appropriate phrase I think...
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,592

Post#83 » by lonzo_pelota » Sun May 12, 2024 7:08 am

One_and_Done wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Dude is going to tattoo his entire body :lol:

From seeing his tattoos (which I think look awful) to his branding to his interviews - everything about Lamelo Ball seems corny.

he’s def that sheltered suburban kid whose wylin out now that he’s in his own and free

Tattooing that much of your body is actually really bad for your health long term. It's why so many Yakuza members have kidney problems.

LaMelo is probably ten steps ahead of us and will commit Seppeku if ever his health starts to wane later in life due to ink poisoning.
Helsbyte
Senior
And1: 359

Post#84 » by Helsbyte » Sun May 12, 2024 3:07 pm

Hornets will continue to flounder until they get some grown ups in that locker room.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,153

Post#85 » by garrick » Sun May 12, 2024 3:39 pm

The Ball brothers don't have the physique to last long in the NBA, they're lanky and can't get through a 82 game season year in and year out.

LaMelo despite having all kinds of talent just doesn't care enough to be a winning player, he could care less about playing defense and his attitude towards losing is cavalier and he is totally happy being on a losing team as long as he's being paid. He's the exact same player as he was when he was playing in high school, all flash but not much to show for it.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#86 » by cdubbz » Sun May 12, 2024 4:48 pm

DaGawd wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

From seeing his tattoos (which I think look awful) to his branding to his interviews - everything about Lamelo Ball seems corny.

he’s def that sheltered suburban kid whose wylin out now that he’s in his own and free

Can't say he was sheltered - dude was in the spotlight since 14 or 15. His big bro made the league when he was in high school still so he was introduced to the lavish lifestyle in his teen years. Now he's just amping it up with this stuff.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,450

Post#87 » by azcatz11 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:49 pm

If he’s not a winning player tell me why the hornets were >500 his only healthy year in the league?
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#88 » by cdubbz » Sun May 12, 2024 5:33 pm

azcatz11 wrote:If he’s not a winning player tell me why the hornets were >500 his only healthy year in the league?

Well to start...that team was good with a lot of veterans. Add Lamelo Ball and they were above .500.

I just remember they had a lot of scoring and wing players - Miles Bridges, Gordon Hayward, Kelly Oubre, + Rozier/Ball at guard.

Hope we can see what Lamelo Ball can do with full seasons in the league.
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#89 » by zero rings » Sun May 12, 2024 5:51 pm

cdubbz wrote:

Yikes…

This is basically the male equivalent of the plastic Instagram girl who ruins her body for attention from strangers on the internet. Just terrible judgment for a guy owed $200+ million over the next 5 years.

Hornets fans can cope all they want, you’re not going anywhere with this clown as your franchise player.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,400

Post#90 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:51 pm

cdubbz wrote:Lamelo was drafted 3rd andstill the 3rd best player in the 2020 draft behind Anthony Edwards and Tyrese Haliburton. Let's see if he can get back into the same tier as the other two. (No, Haliburton is not on the same tier as Edwards).

Hali before the injuries was getting legit talk as a top 5 player in the league which is something Ant did not get at all during the rs. Ant has taken a bit of a leap in the playoffs but the main thing is the Wolves actually won a series and are up 2-1 on the defending champs. No one cares when Spida puts up 35ppg and loses in the 1st rd. My point being that I think Hali and Ant actually are on the same tier and if anything Hali had the better rs. The Ant hype is just getting a bit out of hand right now.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,778

Post#91 » by JustBuzzin » Sun May 12, 2024 6:19 pm

zero rings wrote:
cdubbz wrote:

Yikes…

This is basically the male equivalent of the plastic Instagram girl who ruins her body for attention from strangers on the internet. Just terrible judgment for a guy owed $200+ million over the next 5 years.

Hornets fans can cope all they want, you’re not going anywhere with this clown as your franchise player.
Username checks out. :D

Return to The General Board