2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins and goes to the ECFs?

Celtics in 4
24%
Celtics in 5
47%
Celtics in 6
15%
Celtics in 7
2%
Cavaliers in 4
1%
Cavaliers in 5
2%
Cavaliers in 6
5%
Cavaliers in 7
4%

Total votes: 258

Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 6,993

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1621 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Sun May 12, 2024 6:32 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
They’ve lost 20 games all season….

Yes…but the narrative.

6-2 in the playoffs with an average winning margin of 21 points….

No no, not that one, the other one that makes us look bad.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,053

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1622 » by thinktank » Sun May 12, 2024 7:56 am

CoP wrote:
thinktank wrote:
CoP wrote:Well you're incorrect about the hate. Just need to see the frequent comments about Tatum on this board and elsewhere on social media to know that a lot of people hate him.

Tatum has had multiple excellent performances in the playoffs as the #1 option leading a team to multiple conference championships and the Finals. He has done more at his age than the vast majority of players in the league.

He's not having a good playoffs this season, though. That's for sure.

Tatum the Martyr.

Tatum against the world!

:roll:

:shrug: I don't really care. This all started when I said it's hilarious to see how many people are obsessed with Tatum on this board, and that people here hate Tatum much more than Celtics fans love him. That much is clear to anyone paying attention on this board. Then you started with the strawman arguments and I just called those out for what they were.

As I've said numerous times before, I couldn't care less how well Tatum does these playoffs if the end result is a Celtics championship.

LOL. You care, and, your argument is a strawman.

There’s no way to prove your outlandish claims.

You’re basically just a Catholic mother guilt tripping and gaslighting the whole family because “nobody does anything but me”. :lol:

Let me spell it out for you very slowly:

Like you, NO ONE CARES ABOUT TATUM UNTIL HE WINS A CHIP.

You can whine and cry and make all the baseless accusations you want.

It just makes you look like an insane person with all those tears.

https://youtu.be/ElXi7yDHyWo?si=zKD9fi85Kv7Ixrri
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,049

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#1623 » by DusterBuster » Sun May 12, 2024 8:08 am

Love the headline from Hoopshype, “Tatum returns to form in game 3”

Translation, “Tatum doesn’t suck **** this game”
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,445

Post#1624 » by robbie84 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:46 am

durden_tyler wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Knicks will still be down Randle/Robinson/Bogdanovic... just too much to overcome against the firepower of the Celtics.

Brunson, Hart, DDV, OG & Hartenstein is formidable. They weren't relying on Bogs until recently anyway.

If (still) healthy, they are a force to be reckoned with. Easily the best (East) challenge the Celtics will face in this playoffs. But those 40+ minutes averages will come to bite them in the as$, and the wheels will fall off in the ECF.

I mean they'll be the strongest challenge the Celtics have had so far, but they'd be lucky to get out of the first round in the West.
The Celtics should beat them 4-1 or 4-2, and Brunson is playing like an NBA MVP, but they are some serious pieces away from being a contender in the East. The injuries have made the East playoffs a joke.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,666

Post#1625 » by CoP » Sun May 12, 2024 11:12 am

thinktank wrote:
CoP wrote:
thinktank wrote:
Tatum the Martyr.

Tatum against the world!

:shrug: I don't really care. This all started when I said it's hilarious to see how many people are obsessed with Tatum on this board, and that people here hate Tatum much more than Celtics fans love him. That much is clear to anyone paying attention on this board. Then you started with the strawman arguments and I just called those out for what they were.

As I've said numerous times before, I couldn't care less how well Tatum does these playoffs if the end result is a Celtics championship.

You’re basically just a Catholic mother guilt tripping and gaslighting the whole family because “nobody does anything but me”. :lol:

Cool rant
CoP
Head Coach

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#1626 » by CoP » Sun May 12, 2024 11:17 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:since you won't hear it from many, if any, Celtics fans, good job Joe Mazzulla. It's impressive how you've been able to withstand losing your 3rd best player to injury, the heart and soul of your team (Smart) and your lone shot blocker (Williams) in the offseason and despite this you're well on your way to reaching the ECF in back to back seasons. This despite supposedly being the worst coach in every series you ever coach in. Keep up the good work!

Mazzulla is underrated, including by many Celtics fans.

You see it across so many team fans, the hate for the coach. Kidd, Griffin, Ham are others that come to mind immediately.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1627 » by thinktank » Sun May 12, 2024 12:19 pm

CoP wrote:
thinktank wrote:
CoP wrote::shrug: I don't really care. This all started when I said it's hilarious to see how many people are obsessed with Tatum on this board, and that people here hate Tatum much more than Celtics fans love him. That much is clear to anyone paying attention on this board. Then you started with the strawman arguments and I just called those out for what they were.

Cool rant

Sir, you’re the one here ranting about your perceived and unquantifiable collective Tatum hate and you can’t stop.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,366

Post#1628 » by hippesthippo » Sun May 12, 2024 1:40 pm

The one thing I haven't really seen from Jayson Tatum is taking over a Playoff game at the rim. It's always jumpers.

When the game was tight (I think it was the second quarter last night), Boston was really struggling on offense and all Tatum could do was miss turn-around jumpers. At one point, it even looked like Cleveland might take a lead and run with it.

Instead, it was Jaylen Brown who took over by attacking the rim. He put up a quick 8 points and the Cav's little run came to a screeching halt. Ultimately, Tatum ended up hitting a dagger 3 at the end of the sequence, but the point still stands.

The dynamic between the two J's is obviously complex, but I'd really like to see Tatum attack the rim more and get to the line for some freebies when his normal shots aren't falling.

(I wasn't sure whether I should post this here, or in the Tobias Harris thread. :lol: :lol: )

Hate away, Boston fans!
CoP
Head Coach

Post#1629 » by CoP » Sun May 12, 2024 2:30 pm

thinktank wrote:
CoP wrote:
thinktank wrote:

Cool rant

Sir, you’re the one here ranting about your perceived and unquantifiable collective Tatum hate and you can’t stop.

Alrighty then
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,411

Post#1630 » by Tor_Raps » Sun May 12, 2024 2:34 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
They’ve lost 20 games all season….

Yes…but the narrative.

6-2 in the playoffs with an average winning margin of 21 points….

People just like any reason to hate on Goliath... just go look at how people been going at Drake. Expecting W's all the time but when you don't everyone goes nuts lol.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,470

Post#1631 » by JonFromVA » Sun May 12, 2024 2:58 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
RB34 wrote:Not as many Celtics haters in here trying to theirs after that one.

They come crawling out of the woodwork when they see the Celtics losing. The hate is a weird kind of respect.

True but at the same time all the Celtics fans disappeared after game 2, you couldn't find a Celtic logo for pages. If the Mavs win or lose I'm going to stick around to comment about it even if it's to say the Mavs sucked tonight.

They didn't dissappear, they were commiserating on the game thread on the Celtics board.

GB game threads tend to aggregate chest thumper and trolls, it's only when few people care about the series that they seem to be able to settle in to more of a discussion.

Even Cavs fans would come out of the woodwork from other boards on the net if they were actually psyched up about our chances.

Personally I rarely post during games.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,476

Post#1632 » by durden_tyler » Sun May 12, 2024 2:59 pm

robbie84 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
Brunson, Hart, DDV, OG & Hartenstein is formidable. They weren't relying on Bogs until recently anyway.

If (still) healthy, they are a force to be reckoned with. Easily the best (East) challenge the Celtics will face in this playoffs. But those 40+ minutes averages will come to bite them in the as$, and the wheels will fall off in the ECF.

I mean they'll be the strongest challenge the Celtics have had so far, but they'd be lucky to get out of the first round in the West.
The Celtics should beat them 4-1 or 4-2, and Brunson is playing like an NBA MVP, but they are some serious pieces away from being a contender in the East. The injuries have made the East playoffs a joke.

Maybe. The Knicks are so short-handed it would be disappointing for the Celtics if they can’t finish them in 5 games. Even without Porzingis, they’d be the huge favorites in that series.

Still, Celtics vs Wolves/Mavs/Thunder/Nuggets would be a near toss-up series so we’re in for one of the better championship series in years when we get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,725

Post#1633 » by bmurph128 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:11 pm

Good game Celtics fans.

That third quarter started our disheartening, but knowing we are unlikely to win this series, am hoping for competitive and entertaining games, and we at least made it interesting for me late.

Lots of pressure on the Cavs now for game 4, I love the experience this is getting for Garland and Mobley

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#1634 » by The Corey's » Sun May 12, 2024 4:15 pm

thinktank wrote:
CoP wrote:
thinktank wrote:
Tatum the Martyr.

Tatum against the world!

These same people that don't care about Tatum the ones crowning Edwards MJ?

No really, I've seen it.
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,187

Post#1635 » by KodiakBear » Sun May 12, 2024 5:19 pm

CoP wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:since you won't hear it from many, if any, Celtics fans, good job Joe Mazzulla. It's impressive how you've been able to withstand losing your 3rd best player to injury, the heart and soul of your team (Smart) and your lone shot blocker (Williams) in the offseason and despite this you're well on your way to reaching the ECF in back to back seasons. This despite supposedly being the worst coach in every series you ever coach in. Keep up the good work!

Mazzulla is underrated, including by many Celtics fans.

You see it across so many team fans, the hate for the coach. Kidd, Griffin, Ham are others that come to mind immediately.

All fans unfairly hate the coach of their team, but NBA fans take the cake in this regard. Basketball is a players league. If your players aren't hitting shots you aren't going to win regardless of who the coach is
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 64,052

Post#1636 » by Celts17Pride » Sun May 12, 2024 6:24 pm

donkki wrote:I view the Celtics' bench as big weakness. It is really weak.

Not everyone can have the Knicks bench. :wink:
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1637 » by thinktank » Sun May 12, 2024 7:48 pm

The Corey's wrote:
thinktank wrote:
CoP wrote::shrug: I don't really care. This all started when I said it's hilarious to see how many people are obsessed with Tatum on this board, and that people here hate Tatum much more than Celtics fans love him. That much is clear to anyone paying attention on this board. Then you started with the strawman arguments and I just called those out for what they were.

No really, I've seen it.

Wow. You cherry picked a sample size of one.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#1638 » by The Corey's » Sun May 12, 2024 8:28 pm

thinktank wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
thinktank wrote:

No really, I've seen it.

Congratulations. You decided single handedly as a whole how how everyone feels about Tatum.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,067

Post#1639 » by KamikazeK » Sun May 12, 2024 11:15 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Boston is Jekyll and Hyde.

Yes that's apt description for this "super" (sometimes scrub) team. You can get away with this in the weak Eastern Conference (reg season and playoffs) but they should be more consistent in the NBA Finals (whoever the opponent is).

This narrative is overblown. They've been Bad Celtics for 2 out of the last 8 playoff games. If they play well in 6 out of 8 games, then there's no shot anyone beats them.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#1640 » by thinktank » Mon May 13, 2024 2:51 am

The Corey's wrote:
thinktank wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

No really, I've seen it.

Congratulations. You decided single handedly as a whole how how everyone feels about Tatum.

LOL you guys did. You guys made the claim that he is hated more than he is loved.

Prove it. You can’t. It’s like asking someone you’ve never met “why do you beat your wife?”.

A claim based on logic flimsier than cardboard. Definitely not a statement that can be taken with any seriousness. A sample size of one! :lol:

Return to The General Board