A Conglomeration Of Post Mortems! (New poll, get your votes in!)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Which 2 of these 10 eliminated teams have the best 3 year future?

Pelicans
3%
Kings
5%
Bucks
3%
Sixers
No votes
Heat
2%
Magic
12%
Cavs
No votes
Thunder
47%
Knicks
8%
Nuggets
19%

Total votes: 59

The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,138

Re: A Conglomeration Of Post Mortems! 

Post#41 » by The Real Dalic » Wed May 8, 2024 7:19 pm

bisme37 wrote:
queridiculo wrote:Where are the Magic?

I can only fit 10 options in the poll. I guess I could take another team out and put Magic in but I thought it would be weird since people have already voted.

I completely understand. Plus it would be a pretty lopsided poll anyway. 8-)
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#42 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu May 9, 2024 1:59 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:The Bucks situation just seems like it’s going to unravel much quicker than people think.

Not beyond the realms of possibility Giannis asks for a trade this off season.

Bucks have very little assets to try bring many decent reinforcements.

Probably should have moved Middleton on whilst he he had some trade value.

Beasley and Crowder are horrible and need to be expunged.

Hmm maybe the Bucks could reinforce their squad with a 2 time MVP, FMVP, and DPOY caliber player?

Additionally, maybe their 3x 1st team All-NBA guard will play a full series!

Maybe. But they were underachieving with Doc even with them, and they probably don’t stand to get better and healthier. Time is not on the Bucks side at all.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,864

Post#43 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu May 9, 2024 2:32 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:
Not beyond the realms of possibility Giannis asks for a trade this off season.

Bucks have very little assets to try bring many decent reinforcements.

Probably should have moved Middleton on whilst he he had some trade value.

Beasley and Crowder are horrible and need to be expunged.

Hmm maybe the Bucks could reinforce their squad with a 2 time MVP, FMVP, and DPOY caliber player?

Maybe. But they were underachieving with Doc even with them, and they probably don’t stand to get better and healthier. Time is not on the Bucks side at all.

Giannis + Dame + Middleton has the best record in the league, just didn't get to play many games together
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#44 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu May 9, 2024 6:51 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Giannis + Dame + Middleton has the best record in the league, just didn't get to play many games together

Yea, their health should be better as they get older and more banged up.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,018

Post#45 » by Curmudgeon » Thu May 9, 2024 9:53 pm

The Lakers and Suns are fighting over Juan Ponce de Leon as their new head coach. He has reportedly finally discovered the fountain of youth.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,833

Post#46 » by floppymoose » Fri May 10, 2024 2:08 am

As a GSW fan, they are in danger of having a dark future. But it is avoidable. They just need to let Klay and CP3 walk, and trade Wiggins for youth (pick and expiring, whatever) and then embrace being a young team mentored by Steph and Dray. Then they could be decent in 3 years.

But the FO may keep Klay and CP and Wiggins, and then the future is bleak.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#47 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat May 11, 2024 8:53 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:

Yea, their health should be better as they get older and more banged up.

So Giannis missing the playoffs is an expectation at 29 and 30 is it? If you say so I guess

Giannis missing back to back 1st round series is part due to his style, part due to Middleton missing so many games, and part due to bad luck (such as Love being a schmuck something out of his control)

Dame missing games can partly be attributed to his departure from Portland, partly to just poor management, and partly because of bad timing. I don’t think there is a reason to consider Giannis or Dame as particularly injury prone going forward
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,400

Post#48 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:13 pm

It should be the Bucks due to Giannis still being a top 3 player and under 30 but something just feels off about the whole situation in Mil and I feel like Giannis is one of those guys who gets 1 ring then maybe just goes on cruise control. So I voted Kings.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,418

Post#49 » by Black Jack » Sun May 12, 2024 8:59 pm

Cavsfansince84 wrote:It should be the Bucks due to Giannis still being a top 3 player and under 30 but something just feels off about the whole situation in Mil and I feel like Giannis is one of those guys who gets 1 ring then maybe just goes on cruise control. So I voted Kings.

I think Giannis has the opposite problem, he isn't willing to pace himself in the regular season, and now that he's peaked physically he'll continue to crash out when the playoffs start with all types of nagging injuries. The amount of over exertion he makes when it doesn't matter is a problem for Bucks ring chances going forward.

I know they won't do it for sentimental reasons, but I personally think they should trade him and Dame and start over.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 5,832

Post#50 » by jkvonny » Sun May 12, 2024 9:02 pm

Kings/Pels continues to lead the poll by a large margin.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,400

Post#51 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:16 pm

Black Jack wrote:
I think Giannis has the opposite problem, he isn't willing to pace himself in the regular season, and now that he's peaked physically he'll continue to crash out when the playoffs start with all types of nagging injuries. The amount of over exertion he makes when it doesn't matter is a problem for Bucks ring chances going forward.

I know they won't do it for sentimental reasons, but I personally think they should trade him and Dame and start over.

Well cruise control in the sense that winning rings really needs to matter in order to lead a team to one on top of any injury issues. I don't think he has the same fire that some other guys had who won more than 1.
Kobe187
Starter
And1: 1,910

Post#52 » by Kobe187 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:06 am

Pelicans & Kings, hard to decide between those 2, a cut above the rest.
_NoMas
Pro Prospect
And1: 947

Post#53 » by _NoMas » Mon May 13, 2024 10:50 am

The Bucks. They have an all time great player in his prime, none of the other teams listed can say that
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#54 » by GiannisAnte34 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:06 pm

Black Jack wrote:
Cavsfansince84 wrote:It should be the Bucks due to Giannis still being a top 3 player and under 30 but something just feels off about the whole situation in Mil and I feel like Giannis is one of those guys who gets 1 ring then maybe just goes on cruise control. So I voted Kings.

who has the assets to trade fairly for Giannis? even OKC I don't see a reasonable deal that both sides walk away satisfied
Black Jack
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by Black Jack » Tue May 14, 2024 6:04 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:

who has the assets to trade fairly for Giannis? even OKC I don't see a reasonable deal that both sides walk away satisfied

Not that OkC would do it but Chet, another young player and picks is fair for Giannis.

I guess OKC, Utah, Rockets, maybe Hawks types have the assets.

GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#56 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:31 pm

Black Jack wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:

Not that OkC would do it but Chet, another young player and picks is fair for Giannis.

Be more specific about “another young player and picks”
Black Jack
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by Black Jack » Tue May 14, 2024 1:38 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Bucks say yes to Chet, J Will, picks. Also to Sengun, tbd other young player, and picks.

Giannis is now an injury prone win now piece so if Bucks can reset with a young big, another young piece, and picks, they should go for it.

GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#58 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:19 pm

Black Jack wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:

Bucks say yes to Chet, J Will, picks. Also to Sengun, tbd other young player, and picks.

Giannis is now an injury prone win now piece so if Bucks can reset with a young big, another young piece, and picks, they should go for it.

Hahahaha, sure they do. What you're describing is more of a package for an aging Curry than a 30 year old top 3 player.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach

Post#59 » by Black Jack » Tue May 14, 2024 6:31 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Hahahaha, sure they do. What you're describing is more of a package for an aging Curry than a 30 year old top 3 player.

A top 3 player with frequent injury issues is not enough to contend. He needs to start load managing and the roster lacks wing defense among other issues.

Personally I think MIL is trapped with no way to add enough wing defense, and aging pieces around Giannis but that’s why they play the games.

GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#60 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:39 pm

Black Jack wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:

A top 3 player with frequent injury issues is not enough to contend. He needs to start load managing and the roster lacks wing defense among other issues.

Personally I think MIL is trapped with no way to add enough wing defense, and aging pieces around Giannis but that’s why they play the games.

ah yes a "frequently" injured player that plays more than 60 games every single season of his career with usage off the charts and a handful of seasons playing 80+ games

what a joke just stop talking

Return to The General Board