Best possible return for Karl Anthony-Towns?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,284

Re: Best possible return for Karl Anthony-Towns? 

Post#21 » by SlimShady83 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:24 pm

Would Kat play well next to AD on the Lakers :)

You guys can have DLo LOL
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,138

Post#22 » by Residual-Heat » Mon May 13, 2024 12:30 pm

A trade with the Grizzlies could make sense
JulioItaliano
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#23 » by JulioItaliano » Mon May 13, 2024 12:31 pm

Jaylen Brown
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,543

Post#24 » by BigGargamel » Mon May 13, 2024 12:36 pm

The Wolves went from sweeping the Nuggets to having to blow up the team. Fickle, fickle board as usual. :lol:
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,152

Post#25 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:40 pm

Town for Trae can improve both franchises
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,191

Post#26 » by Shaka_Zulu » Mon May 13, 2024 1:00 pm

BigGargamel wrote:The Wolves went from sweeping the Nuggets to having to blow up the team. Fickle, fickle board as usual. :lol:

Pretty much. If he goes 28/10 with 13-15 shooting like game 2, thread will be quiet again.

Tho scenarios of possibilities of trading Kat been around for 2 seasons for wolves fans.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,962

Post#27 » by dhsilv2 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:06 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:Town for Trae can improve both franchises

Trae would create a point of attack of opposing teams to exploit which would be a massive crack in their defense come playoff time. I guess if you're looking long term, you take ANT and Trae and try and just out gun people...but I don't like that for the next 2-3 years at all.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,866

Post#28 » by Pointgod » Mon May 13, 2024 1:13 pm

TheFire wrote:Trae Young?

I’m not taking the ball out of Antman’s hands. If they trade KAT they, should be targeting a big wing in return like a Jaylen Brown archetype.
dennythedino
Senior
And1: 620

Post#29 » by dennythedino » Mon May 13, 2024 1:14 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:Towns is the missing piece in Oklahoma City.

If they could flip Giddey, filler, and picks for KAT, that's an absolute home run for them.

The problem is Giddey. I don't think the Wolves would want him, so it'd have to be third team involved. They need a PG, but not one like Giddey, in my opinion, but I could be wrong

At the end of the day, the Wolves' only holes are their future at PG and somehow upgrading from KAT at PF, which is difficult because the perfect fit there is actually a dynamic jumpshooting four, and Towns is that.

McDaniel could conceivably slide over to PF as well if they replaced Towns with an established wing (ie. Paul George).

OKC doesn't have the salary filler required to trade for KAT. Hayward is expiring and they cut ties with all of their dead weight contracts (Kevin Porter Jr, Rudy Gay).
Kineto
Sophomore
And1: 206

Post#30 » by Kineto » Mon May 13, 2024 1:15 pm

Something like Town for JJJ ?

it would be ideal for Minnesota, but I'm not sure that salaries matches and if Memphis would be interested.
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#31 » by Anderson Hunt » Mon May 13, 2024 1:31 pm

dennythedino wrote:

If they could flip Giddey, filler, and picks for KAT, that's an absolute home run for them.

The problem is Giddey. I don't think the Wolves would want him, so it'd have to be third team involved. They need a PG, but not one like Giddey, in my opinion, but I could be wrong

At the end of the day, the Wolves' only holes are their future at PG and somehow upgrading from KAT at PF, which is difficult because the perfect fit there is actually a dynamic jumpshooting four, and Towns is that.

McDaniel could conceivably slide over to PF as well if they replaced Towns with an established wing (ie. Paul George).

OKC doesn't have the salary filler required to trade for KAT. Hayward is expiring and they cut ties with all of their dead weight contracts (Kevin Porter Jr, Rudy Gay).

I can't do the research right now, but I'm guessing they have capspace, so maybe a sign and trade for Towns. I do know that sign and trades, however, are extremely complicated and limited in scope, so that may be a reach on my part.
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 2,143

Post#32 » by Bobbymcgee » Mon May 13, 2024 2:32 pm

KAT for Kawhi Leonard.
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,537

Post#33 » by Pattycakes » Mon May 13, 2024 2:35 pm

Upperclass wrote:#2 pick for KAT.. Wolves draft Rissacher. But should also trade Gobert. He doesn't move well enough to defend in space

Wolves dump Kat and Gobert they’re garbage again. Realgm doing realgm things out here
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,149

Post#34 » by Mr B » Mon May 13, 2024 3:04 pm

SUPERVILLAIN wrote:Everybody here is talking bullsh*t and overreacting after every game. It's madness really. I have been uninvolved in all those crazy talks though. But this time I would like to insert myself into the frenzy.

If the Timberwolves decide to move Karl Anthony-Towns, what's the best return they can realistically get? That player(s) better be a good fit with Anthony Edwards' playing style and timeline.

I still think Labron is going to find a way to convince the Lakers to trade AD. This might be the best option for the Wolves if they do decide to unload KAT.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,427

Post#35 » by Woodsanity » Mon May 13, 2024 3:06 pm

Towns for Randle straight up.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,726

Post#36 » by ChuckChilly » Mon May 13, 2024 3:10 pm

Woodsanity wrote:Towns for Randle straight up.
I like this trade. Not sure why Minnesota does it though.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 186

Post#37 » by louc1970 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:26 pm

doogie_hauser wrote:Knicks have the cap space and assets to get a deal done..

Not sure if he is the type of personality Thibs likes though.

That is exactly what i was thinking.

Knicks send Randle/Bogdanovic/24 FRP, 25 FRP
Wolves send Towns/Miller

Wolves save a little money. Get a better distributor, rebounder. Cut Bogdanovic and stay under tax.
Knicks get a player to put around Brunson, Mitchell, OG. With Mitchell and OG as defensive players, and Towns being a better defender than Randle, it works.

Wolves can pick up either another PF type or take an early grab at Carrington/Sallis or even Edey to back up Gobert.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 186

Post#38 » by louc1970 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:32 pm

If one of those picks is this year's FRP, Wolves could get Knecht, Salaun, and move McDaniel to the 4. Wolves could also get Holmes, Edey, or Chomche with their own pick.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,288

Post#39 » by shrink » Mon May 13, 2024 4:37 pm

Woodsanity wrote:Towns for Randle straight up.

Good god no. Randle is an inferior player to Towns in every way.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,288

Post#40 » by shrink » Mon May 13, 2024 4:39 pm

Mallie wrote:And Book gets to play with his buddy!

On the real, tho - KAT's remaining salary aside - Suns would need to add picks/value if they're getting KAT for AD.

I was going to say the same thing, and point out that if Durant demands a trade, PHX risks Booker wanting out too.

Return to The General Board