2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#4641 » by Wizop » Mon May 13, 2024 3:28 pm

Maury2423 wrote:
Wizop wrote:Much has been written about Thib's short rotations in the regular season being a possible cause of injuries and a likely cause of tired legs, but it has also caused the starters and the reserves to not be familiar with playing with each other. OTOH, the Pacers are playing combinations that have often played together.

I have to disagree with the possible cause of injuries being the short rotations because Randle, Mitch, and Bog’s injuries came from specific plays with physical contact.

I carefully wrote that much had been written about the cause of the injuries as I didn't want to make that my own opinion. The chemistry point is mine though and I think the poor shooting last night likely reflected tired legs.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,183

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#4642 » by Capn'O » Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm

Wizop wrote:Much has been written about Thib's short rotations in the regular season being a possible cause of injuries and a likely cause of tired legs, but it has also caused the starters and the reserves to not be familiar with playing with each other. OTOH, the Pacers are playing combinations that have often played together.

I think this is astute. Maybe because it's similar to something I've previously written :D

Thibs rotations are not only short but they are rigid in terms of who plays with who. At minute 8, Mitch comes in for iHart and so forth. Which works great when you have everyone but then when you don't you have to adjust quickly. Phil Jackson would always make sure he tried out different player combinations throughout the season to get players that sort of experience playing together. This led to some of the postseason magic by unexpected heroes. Everything was familiar.

He only switches up when the injuries force his hand.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,427

Post#4643 » by Woodsanity » Mon May 13, 2024 5:04 pm

Like I said before. Our number one foe is injuries not the Pacers. Missing 4 players and Brunson is playing on one foot. Its going to be tough to win this series and even if we do were cooked next series unless players can magically heal really fast.

Wish we could have a healthy team for once....
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
31since1990
Sophomore
And1: 131

Post#4644 » by 31since1990 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:45 pm

I dont care about Knicks fans crying about injuries, your coach is known for running players to the ground with a 7 man rotation and now they're paying the price, boo hoo.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 339

Post#4645 » by Hans1984 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:09 pm

Too much on Brunsons shoulders. He has been carrying them all season long.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,175

Post#4646 » by dakomish23 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:47 pm

Brunson shooting so far against his top 3 defenders last two games

Game 3
Nesmith 6-16
Nembhard 2-4
McConnell 1-2

Game 4
Nesmith 3-9
Nembhard 2-4
McConnell 1-2
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,260

Post#4647 » by DaGawd » Mon May 13, 2024 7:04 pm

31since1990 wrote:I dont care about Knicks fans crying about injuries, your coach is known for running players to the ground with a 7 man rotation and now they're paying the price, boo hoo.

a injury depleted team that you’re struggling with lol
BaF
Washington Wizards
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,486

Post#4648 » by phanman » Mon May 13, 2024 7:56 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,295

Post#4649 » by RB34 » Mon May 13, 2024 9:00 pm

Did the Knicks have the best roster in the NBA?

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=fZMiJXVZ8uunE_S3J4PM9g[/x]
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#4650 » by Capn'O » Mon May 13, 2024 9:58 pm

Well, OG's officially been ruled out again.

Read on Twitter

RB34 wrote:Did the Knicks have the best roster in the NBA?

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=fZMiJXVZ8uunE_S3J4PM9g[/x]

I wish we could have found out. I hate all these injuries in the playoffs. For everyone.
BAF Clippers

djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,667

Post#4651 » by djsunyc » Mon May 13, 2024 10:41 pm

knicks fans, welcome to the OG ANU-DNP experience!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#4652 » by Capn'O » Mon May 13, 2024 11:21 pm

djsunyc wrote:knicks fans, welcome to the OG ANU-DNP experience!

We had some good ones on our board.

OG IdontknowifI'llplay
OG AnotherDNP
OG Anu no go

When life gives you lemons...
BAF Clippers

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,476

Post#4653 » by durden_tyler » Tue May 14, 2024 3:15 am

Wiretap: OG Anunoby Out For Game 5 With Hamstring Strain

So i guess this is why the Knicks are just 1.5 favorites (virtually a toss-up) for Game 5 and the Pacers are now favored to win the series.

So sad for New York, i think they have a better shot of challenging that Celtics powerhouse team but with the Pacers potentially advancing, Boston won't be really tested until the NBA Finals.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,734

Post#4654 » by Maury2423 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:36 am

31since1990 wrote:I dont care about Knicks fans crying about injuries, your coach is known for running players to the ground with a 7 man rotation and now they're paying the price, boo hoo.

We’re not passing the price because of the minutes played by game guys lol… most, if not all, of the injuries are not related to playing too much. As a matter a fact, the only injury where you can possibly debate that fatigue played a factor is OG’s injury. But he’s only played like 30 games for Thibs, with about 4-6 weeks of rest in the middle of those 30 games.

There’s definitely no argument that Thibs plays his guys an insane amount of minutes and has them out there too long but the Knicks injuries are not a result of fatigue or playing too much
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,476

Post#4655 » by durden_tyler » Tue May 14, 2024 12:33 pm

Maury2423 wrote:

We’re not passing the price because of the minutes played by game guys lol… most, if not all, of the injuries are not related to playing too much. As a matter a fact, the only injury where you can possibly debate that fatigue played a factor is OG’s injury. But he’s only played like 30 games for Thibs, with about 4-6 weeks of rest in the middle of those 30 games.

There’s definitely no argument that Thibs plays his guys an insane amount of minutes and has them out there too long but the Knicks injuries are not a result of fatigue or playing too much

LOL. The wheels are falling off and you’re still in denial that the heavy minutes are NOT taking its toll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,260

Post#4656 » by DaGawd » Tue May 14, 2024 12:48 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
Maury2423 wrote:

LOL. The wheels are falling off and you’re still in denial that the heavy minutes are NOT taking its toll?

it’s hard to say… when you look at the injuries to some of the guys out it seems more like just freak accidents/bad luck.. are minutes to blame for batum rolling in to bogdanovic’s leg pretty much as soon as he checks in to the game in game 4 of the philly series which ended his season? or randle getting undercut by jaime jacquez trying to take a charge and him landing square on his shoulder? or embiid flailing and rolling over mitchell robinson’s already surgically repaired ankle ? the one guy who possibly has a case for injury caused my overuse is OG.. and maybe brunson’s latest injury as he’s been hobbled since game 2
BaF
Washington Wizards
Wizop
RealGM

Post#4657 » by Wizop » Tue May 14, 2024 1:09 pm

The injuries were caused by our Hoosier Space Laser. If we win this series, we'll focus it on Tatum and Brown.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#4658 » by sol537 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:31 pm

DaGawd wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
Maury2423 wrote:

it’s hard to say… when you look at the injuries to some of the guys out it seems more like just freak accidents/bad luck.. are minutes to blame for batum rolling in to bogdanovic’s leg pretty much as soon as he checks in to the game in game 4 of the philly series which ended his season? or randle getting undercut by jaime jacquez trying to take a charge and him landing square on his shoulder? or embiid flailing and rolling over mitchell robinson’s already surgically repaired ankle ? the one guy who possibly has a case for injury caused my overuse is OG.. and maybe brunson’s latest injury as he’s been hobbled since game 2

Out of all NYK injuries, only OG's injuries and Brunson's injury are likely the fault of Thibs... but, at the same time, if you don't "overuse" those two, you're likely out in the first round against Philly anyway so it was a calculated risk. It paid off early, but now we're paying the price for it. Catch 22. We needed every minute from Brunson and OG to pull out the Philly series... it was that close.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#4659 » by Wizop » Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 pm

sol537 wrote:Out of all NYK injuries, only OG's injuries and Brunson's injury are likely the fault of Thibs... but, at the same time, if you don't "overuse" those two, you're likely out in the first round against Philly anyway so it was a calculated risk. It paid off early, but now we're paying the price for it. Catch 22. We needed every minute from Brunson and OG to pull out the Philly series... it was that close.

From where I sit in Indy, I'd blame the short rotations in the regular season rather than in the playoffs.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,418

Post#4660 » by Black Jack » Tue May 14, 2024 1:43 pm

Capn'O wrote:

I think this is astute. Maybe because it's similar to something I've previously written :D

Thibs rotations are not only short but they are rigid in terms of who plays with who. At minute 8, Mitch comes in for iHart and so forth. Which works great when you have everyone but then when you don't you have to adjust quickly. Phil Jackson would always make sure he tried out different player combinations throughout the season to get players that sort of experience playing together. This led to some of the postseason magic by unexpected heroes. Everything was familiar.

He only switches up when the injuries force his hand.

Has he ever explained why?

I went to one gsw-twolves game and saw him barking like a maniac all game. Thibs is pretty out there if you ask me.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf

Return to The General Board