Best possible return for Karl Anthony-Towns?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,137

Re: Best possible return for Karl Anthony-Towns? 

Post#61 » by Residual-Heat » Mon May 13, 2024 7:30 pm

QMemphis wrote:
Kineto wrote:Something like Town for JJJ ?

it would be ideal for Minnesota, but I'm not sure that salaries matches and if Memphis would be interested.

Grizz have no interest in KAT. Jaren is pretty much untouchable for us.

Why not? They should try to trade for him if they can keep JJJr
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 219

Post#62 » by QMemphis » Mon May 13, 2024 10:47 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
QMemphis wrote:
Kineto wrote:Something like Town for JJJ ?

it would be ideal for Minnesota, but I'm not sure that salaries matches and if Memphis would be interested.

Contract and fit. KAT is a great shooter but inconsistent scorer. Terrible on defense at times. We do better targeting WCJ, MitchRob, IHart or new player of interest Onyeka Okongwu.
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,616

Post#63 » by Wolveswin » Tue May 14, 2024 12:16 am

Best trade is Towns for Trae.

Hawks get Towns, Murray still in Hawks backcourt. Add Sarr to the mix.

Problem is Trae doesn’t work for Wolves. 3rd team is needed.

Pels: Daniels + Murphy (salary filler kind of tough)

Spurs: Trae works for them, but they don’t really have anything Wolves need

Magic: Suggs + WCJ would be nice start

Rockets: FVV + Amen would be nice start
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,499

Post#64 » by Ball4life32 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:20 am

Zero interest in Trae for Kat swap for atl and he’s a terrible fit with Trae. Not touching his contract anyway.
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 635

Post#65 » by donkki » Tue May 14, 2024 1:25 am

Woodsanity wrote:Towns for Randle straight up.

As a Knicks fan I'd rather have Randle. But if Zion would be available...
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 635

Post#66 » by donkki » Tue May 14, 2024 1:28 am

Ball4life32 wrote:Zero interest in Trae for Kat swap for atl and he’s a terrible fit with Trae. Not touching his contract anyway.

Also not a great fit when considering that Atlanta is likely to be adding another PF in Sarr soon.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,252

Post#67 » by TheAlchemist » Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 am

He fits good with Dallas or the Thunder as well. Dunno what you'd get with either tho. Pre Siakam trade the Raptors made a lot of sense. I also think if Pacers wana do a KAT for Siakam trade they can.
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#68 » by Anderson Hunt » Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 am

The best fit for Towns is OKC.
The best Towns replacement for Minnesota is Brandon Ingram.

Ingram gives them replacement shooting for Towns with added versatility. The Wolves can run Ingram and McDaniels in the frontcourt with Gobert, and when Conley retires, run Ingram at point guard in the backcourt with Edwards and move Reid into the starting lineup.

Basically, Ingram solves their frontcourt scoring/shooting issue created with the absence of Towns, and he solves their future PG issue as well in one fell swoop. Finch would only need to inspire Ingram to focus more on defense than Towns has, which I think is doable.

If the Pelicans were to accept Giddey and picks for Ingram and the Wolves accept Ingram, OKC would gladly accept Towns, bloated contract and all.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 916

Post#69 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:40 am

Rui and a bag of chips
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#70 » by Residual-Heat » Tue May 14, 2024 1:48 am

QMemphis wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
QMemphis wrote:

Contract and fit. KAT is a great shooter but inconsistent scorer. Terrible on defense at times. We do better targeting WCJ, MitchRob, IHart or new player of interest Onyeka Okongwu.

I like the fit a lot though. He stretches the floor for Ja and he's a better player than all these guys. Defense will be more than fine with Smart and JJJr. Huge contract for sure, but still may be worth trading for him IMO.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 219

Post#71 » by QMemphis » Tue May 14, 2024 1:57 am

Residual-Heat wrote:
QMemphis wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:Why not? They should try to trade for him if they can keep JJJr

I like the fit a lot though. He stretches the floor for Ja and he's a better player than all these guys. Defense will be more than fine with Smart and JJJr. Huge contract for sure, but still may be worth trading for him IMO.

KAT is big well received by the Memphis fanbase. Guy is just too soft for what we are looking for and again his contract is terrible.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,476

Post#72 » by durden_tyler » Tue May 14, 2024 2:05 am

Send KAT ot Philly. Twin towers of soft bigs with Embiid just for the LOLs. LOL.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,667

Post#73 » by djsunyc » Tue May 14, 2024 2:10 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Knicks have the cap space and assets to get a deal done..

Not sure if he is the type of personality Thibs likes though.

knicks don't have the space b/c of og + hartenstein's cap holds.

secondly, the non-knicks picks they own aren't great. dallas' will convey this year. the bucks 25 pick and the wizards pick is protected. the knicks also don't have a young player with potential to trade.

now if it's a sign & trade involving OG + hart/hartenstein + picks, then maybe but i don't know if they both agree to play in minny since they are UFA's.
STAT_88
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#74 » by STAT_88 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:26 am

Man Trae for KAT would be good for both teams.

Minny has only been a middle of the pack offensive team this season in terms of offensive rating. Imagine swapping out Conley for Trae. You would lose about 10% on defense but theoretically you could gain 20-30% on offense. Naz Reid is a pretty good 3rd option he can give you 70% of what KAT gives you offensively.

For Atlanta you could draft Sarr at 1 and move Jalen Johnson to the 3.

KAT
Sarr
Johnson
Hunter / 3&D wing
Murray

Solid defensively with Sarr guarding the guy closest to the rim so he can play the free safety role.

Good shooting with KAT, Johnson and Hunter.

Seems like a logical move for both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
louc1970
Senior
And1: 186

Post#75 » by louc1970 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:44 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Beal for Towns would be perfect.

I hope that was Green font.

Beal is negative value and doesn’t work on Wolves.

Beal has become underrated though. He is one of like 5 guards who averaged 18/5 ast/4 reb on 60% TS. Add in his steal per game and 43% 3 pt shooting I think he is the only one.

Towns is better but throw in their 24 and 31 first rounders, and with Towns injuries every year and a supermax kicking in, it could work.

I think it is far fetched though

If Beal, 24 FRP, and 24 SRP were the price, 28 other teams would start bidding.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 186

Post#76 » by louc1970 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:48 pm

ShootersShoot wrote:
louc1970 wrote:
DrModesty wrote:The Magic make sense as a trading partner. They have picks, they have young players, and they have a strong need for spacing and offensive fire power.

Not sure on the exact package to send back to the T-Wolves. Maybe something like Wendell Carter Jr, Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, #18, 2025 DEN 1st? Very quarters for a dollar for the T-Wolves, however the monetary savings are vast and you get picks and cost controlled young players that fit the Edwards timeline.

I doubt Suggs or Wagner is on the table.

I don't see that working. Towns and Banchero play the same spot. And if you are taking Wagner off the table, there is very little Wolves would want back.
Centers are of little value with Gobert there. It would have to include Wagner and Anthony.

Towns wouldnt be any worse of a fit in the frontcourt with Banchero than with Gobert. KAT can just slide back to center.

One of the reasons Wolves went after Gobert was Towns was wanting to be moved if he had to continue playing center. They placated him.
It is one of the issues Anthony Davis has as well.they both want to be PFs.
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,616

Post#77 » by Wolveswin » Tue May 14, 2024 6:56 pm

louc1970 wrote:
ShootersShoot wrote:
louc1970 wrote:I don't see that working. Towns and Banchero play the same spot. And if you are taking Wagner off the table, there is very little Wolves would want back.
Centers are of little value with Gobert there. It would have to include Wagner and Anthony.

Towns wouldnt be any worse of a fit in the frontcourt with Banchero than with Gobert. KAT can just slide back to center.

One of the reasons Wolves went after Gobert was Towns was wanting to be moved if he had to continue playing center. They placated him.

That isn’t the full truth with Towns. Towns motivation is to be the “best shooting big man” in NBA. Like ever. And on offense end of floor, he can’t be shackled to block work and post ups with that initiative.

On defense, Towns weakness is rotation and help D. Although much better last few years, patrolling the middle and protecting the rim as last line of defense is asking Towns to do just that - and not leveraging his strengths.

Towns needs the right bigman matchup. Being Towns is the 4 or 5 is irrelevant. I think Towns best pairing is when he is the center but with a rim protecting 4 that prefers block work on O. Towns can guard the other teams 5 well - but the 4 needs to be the rim protecting bigman.

JJJ, Mobley, Isaac are some awesome pairings off top of my head. Banchero could work too.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,191

Post#78 » by Shaka_Zulu » Tue May 14, 2024 8:59 pm

louc1970 wrote:
ShootersShoot wrote:
louc1970 wrote:I don't see that working. Towns and Banchero play the same spot. And if you are taking Wagner off the table, there is very little Wolves would want back.

Where did you get this take from? Kat is the opposite of AD in this sense. He wants to be a center. In fact he was kinda against the Gobert trade, he publicly said he found out through social media, team didn't ask him. That he didn't see how two centers fit together. Didn't get the logic of it (he was used to playing with defensive rebounding 4s, not 5s who are bigger then him). Going into last season was touch and go how he would take it when they start playing.

He sees himself as Center since he played that for 7-8 years. He sees it as SACRIFICE for the teams sake that he was moved down to power forward and told mainly to be spot up shooter more. He is truly a fantastic teammate and overall team guy.

He did not ask to be moved if he would remained as center, since that's been his position since college.

The one thing he had problem with in center position is the seasons he was asked to do drop coverage in defence. It totally misused him and exposed him defensively. When that bad idea was abandoned, his defensive metrics improved and he liked it.

P.S Him and Gobert work well together despite uncertainty at first. Kat is the one who assists most of Goberts buckets, then Conley second. It's Ant who has difficulty finding Gobert with assists.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by Residual-Heat » Tue May 14, 2024 9:06 pm

Havent seen anyone mention the Pistons yet, but he could be a nice fit next to Ausar. Something around Duren+, might need a third team if the Wolves dont want Duren.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,149

Post#80 » by Mr B » Tue May 14, 2024 9:08 pm

Anthony Davis is still the best possible return for KAT.

Return to The General Board