Bronny James dominates at the draft combine

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 381

Re: Bronny James dominates at the draft combine 

Post#81 » by Silvie Lysandra » Tue May 14, 2024 2:49 pm

If you're a team like OKC, you draft him with one of your billions of draft picks, take the flier that LeBron forces his way there, and see if a Chet/LeBron/SGA core gets you a ring seeing how close they already are.

I think he's draftable in the 50s in a vacuum anyway.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#82 » by JayMKE » Tue May 14, 2024 2:49 pm

Bronny is a good athlete, if he's as smart on the court and as hard of worker as his dad then he's worth consideration.
FREE GIANNIS
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,058

Post#83 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:01 pm

Bronny is going #17 Lakers
Sorry guys he's a L.A Guy
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
KdoubleDees23
Rookie
And1: 848

Post#84 » by KdoubleDees23 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:20 pm

He also is only 6 ft 1
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,272

Post#85 » by Lalouie » Tue May 14, 2024 3:28 pm

ThatClockWork wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:I would burn a first on him. Toronto should. You have nothing to lose. But there are too many Bron haters that can't admit his son actually has some talent. That is just me though.

"you have nothing to lose"

:noway:

So to be clear for the record: you are rooting for that kid to fail?
Do you believe he does not deserve a chance?
Do you believe that he is not worth gambling on in a weak draft?
Do you believe that he does not have the skill necessary to perform or adapt at the NBA level?

Do you even have an opinion?

If you are hating on him just because of his dad, that reveals way more about you as a person. I hope for your sake, that is not the case.

Lalouie wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:I would burn a first on him. Toronto should. You have nothing to lose. But there are too many Bron haters that can't admit his son actually has some talent. That is just me though.

ummm,,,,your dignity and commitment

Same questions go to you.

think "jaden smith"
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,569

Post#86 » by azcatz11 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:37 pm

KdoubleDees23 wrote:He also is only 6 ft 1

He's the same height as Reed Shepherd who is projected to go top 5
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,636

Post#87 » by Billy Goat » Tue May 14, 2024 3:39 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:I doubt NBA franchises really want to make an enemy of Rich Paul and Klutch, and especially not if LBJ actually owns the Vegas expansion team as is rumored. Because the kid won’t give you more upside than all of the guys mocked ahead of him. What’s the upside of drafting him, just to spite Bron? I don’t think most GMs are gonna go for that.

But carry on with the message board fantasies…

Klutch doesn’t carry any winning players outside of lebron
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#88 » by zero rings » Tue May 14, 2024 3:46 pm

LaLover11 wrote:Bronny is going #17 Lakers
Sorry guys he's a L.A Guy

You can have him
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,252

Post#89 » by Wallace_Wallace » Tue May 14, 2024 3:52 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:

Do you believe that he does not have the skill necessary to perform or adapt at the NBA level?

If you are hating on him just because of his dad, that reveals way more about you as a person. I hope for your sake, that is not the case.

Lalouie wrote:

By all means, we all want Bronny to succeed. No one is actively rooting for any one person to fail. But you don't use a first round pick on someone with the reasoning be "you have nothing to lose". A GM would be fired on the spot for having this kind of mindset. You want to, at the very least, consider your options and go with the one that is deemed superior. This is a good showing for Bronny but it barely, if at all, improves his draft stock. The fact is, there are better options right now. Logic would dictate that you go with said options.

You hope for nothing but the best for Bronny's NBA career, but by no means are any team or franchise obligated to use their pick on him. It's a business at the end of the day.

There’s really no expectation for Bronny. For prospects that are outside of the top 15, there’s really no expectation for them to pan out in the league. If I were to ask you for your opinion for someone like Jared McCain. Even though he’s a projected late first rounder, none of us really have any idea or give a care about him. It’s not necessarily rooting for someone to succeed or fail, there is simply no expectation for a second rounder like Bronny.

There’s a documentary on Amazon Prime following 2 fringe guys (Gabe York & Denzel Valentine) and a blue chip prospect (Scoot Henderson). Do I, or even anyone here, wish for anyone above to fail? No, in fact I felt horrible for Gabe York the fact he has relocate from city to city (even European countries) every now and then for a very modest salary in the G-League. York is just as good as Bronny coming out of high school. Both had a subpar freshman year, but York turned into a 4 year player and eventually became an All-Pac 12 player. Bronny may have to grind like him in order to carve out a roster spot, but because someone’s last name is James, a team is supposed to burn a first round pick because they have nothing to lose?

Sometimes people are just eagerly waiting to be offended.
Wigginstime
Sixth Man
And1: 2,520

Post#90 » by Wigginstime » Tue May 14, 2024 3:53 pm

I heard the Nuggets were going draft him so he could get coached by his grand-daddy
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,847
Location: On the Dallas bandwagon for the rest of the '24 playoffs

Post#91 » by -Sammy- » Tue May 14, 2024 3:54 pm

Decipher wrote:Welcome to the real world junior

He'll probably never realize his dream of being a rotational NBA player, but LeBron's a billionaire; the kid won't ever have to visit the real world.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#92 » by Mr B » Tue May 14, 2024 3:57 pm

Prince187 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=LvcGqyVJ8gvMOqahRQSDVw

He’s proving all of the doubters wrong. Look at that lightning quick release. It’s obvious he only struggled shooting in college because of his heart problems. He’s looking more and more like a lock for the first round. 40 inch vertical too which makes up for being 6’1. Btw the two time consensus NCAA player of the year only managed to go 14/25

Read on Twitter

How do you dominate but come in 2nd?
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,874

Post#93 » by ThatClockWork » Tue May 14, 2024 4:01 pm

Lalouie wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:

Lalouie wrote:

think "jaden smith"

That has no relevance to what I asked. I will reply if you decide to answer the questions directly. Thank you.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,570

Post#94 » by og15 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
Prince187 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’s proving all of the doubters wrong. Look at that lightning quick release. It’s obvious he only struggled shooting in college because of his heart problems. He’s looking more and more like a lock for the first round. 40 inch vertical too which makes up for being 6’1. Btw the two time consensus NCAA player of the year only managed to go 14/25

Read on Twitter

How do you dominate but come in 2nd?

Little secret is that OP is not being serious, hence the "lightning quick release" and hence mentioning that Edey the two time consensus player of the year only went 14/25 when we all know they are different positions and that not even something we'd compare between them.

A bit of messing around, you can see how non game speed the drill is too.
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#95 » by KodiakBear » Tue May 14, 2024 4:07 pm

doogie_hauser wrote:And of course the Clutch Sports Propoganda Machine starts to work its magic.

Btw I have no personal ill feelings about Bronny, I really hope he has a long and successful NBA career, but puh-lease, but he is unfairly being used as a pawn by his father and the Rich Paul Cabal.

The best thing for his pro career is not to be drafted to the Lakers/play with his father.

Ideally should have stayed at College for another year and work on the flaws of his game, but that doesn't suit Daddy and Clutch's time line.

It's a bit distasteful to me how a child is being exploited like this.

His father is the only reason he might have an NBA career.

The best thing for him would be go play at UC Irvine and have a few great years and see if he can improve his game.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,750

Post#96 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue May 14, 2024 4:09 pm

ThatClockWork wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:

Lalouie wrote:

This is the most Cathy Newman response I’ve ever seen on this board.

“I’m not a cat person.”

“Oh, so you think all cats deserve to be brutally tortured before being murdered?!?!?”
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,272

Post#97 » by Lalouie » Tue May 14, 2024 4:10 pm

ThatClockWork wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
ThatClockWork wrote:So to be clear for the record: you are rooting for that kid to fail?

think "jaden smith"

That has no relevance to what I asked. I will reply if you decide to answer the questions directly. Thank you.

that has every relevance and is part of the reason for the animosity
you can choose not to believe it is so and you would be fooling yourself

there is no more an obvious reason to understand it's relevance than to note that lebron pulled all his declarations about bronny from his tweets. lebron KNOWS this wasn't going to go well, and bronny would face the same backlash that jaden smith did. you can mask it all you want and reason bronny's "rights and qualifications". it would in no small part be similar to all the ink lonzo and his dad faced,,,and lonzo was a legit star.

that's the weight of celebrity, man
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,975

Post#98 » by nikster » Tue May 14, 2024 4:11 pm

I don't know how he will end up as an NBA player but i do think people really overlooked his heart condition when considering his college season.

He probably avoided all significant physical activity for some time after the incident and likely only slowly ramped up.
bluemj32
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,064

Post#99 » by bluemj32 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:11 pm

Gary Cokeman wrote:
Roy T wrote:San Antonio could take a gamble and pick him 8th.

Its not like the draft class is spectacular anyways.

That would be the most incompetent thing the San Antonio front office has ever done.
1000% as a life long Spurs Fan, Hell Naw to this

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Prince187
Sixth Man
And1: 1,853

Post#100 » by Prince187 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:22 pm

madskillz8 wrote:I was checking whether they published measurements like they did in the past, but came up with this interesting stuff:

"The 19-year-old was deemed to be 6"1½" tall without shoes, which is noticeably lower than the 6'4" he's listed at for his USC bio page. It's possible the Trojans measured him with shoes on, with the NBA having years ago standardized how each player's height is determined."

I'll approach this scientifically: Assuming the complex which the combine is held wasn't cold enough to cause players shrinking noticeably (Edey still looks tall), either USC/Bronny's camp were lying about his height or he was wearing these shoes.

Spoiler:

Seeing him listed at 6’4 in college was so crazy. I remember seeing him listed at 6’1 his senior year of high school. And high schools are notorious for boosting the measurements of any kid who has a shot at the next level. I think he’s actually just under 6’1 with shoes ON. Here he is next to Chris Paul who is listed at 6’ and measured 5’11 at the combine

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board