Peak Curry or Peak Jokic?

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Who was more incredible?

Curry
23%
Jokic
77%

Total votes: 136

CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Peak Curry or Peak Jokic? 

Post#1 » by CodeBreaker » Wed May 15, 2024 7:15 am

Who was more incredible?
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,082

Re: Peak Curry or Peak Jokic? 

Post#2 » by One_and_Done » Wed May 15, 2024 7:18 am

Curry.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
LoneyROY
Veteran
And1: 3,038

Post#3 » by LoneyROY » Wed May 15, 2024 7:25 am

Curry hasn't come close to the playoff dominance that Joker has displayed.

Not many in the history of basketball have.
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,900

Post#4 » by QPR » Wed May 15, 2024 7:25 am

Not sure there's a peak of anyone I'd take over Jokic.
foobar24
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#5 » by foobar24 » Wed May 15, 2024 8:07 am

Jokic impacts the game so effortlessly.
MMyhre
Suspended
And1: 619

Post#6 » by MMyhre » Wed May 15, 2024 8:14 am

Regular season = Curry. Playoffs (Which is what matters) = Jokic.
Young gun 6
Analyst
And1: 6,021

Post#7 » by Young gun 6 » Wed May 15, 2024 8:16 am

No offense to Curry but I think Jokic last 4 seasons have been the greatest offensive stretch ever.

He’s a more passable defender than Curry too so it’s not being made up on that side of the ball.

What Jokic has been doing is insane.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,201

Post#8 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed May 15, 2024 8:19 am

Rip curry lol....

Jokic is one of the goats...one of the best to ever lace them up...curry is just one of the best shooters...
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,462

Post#9 » by svart » Wed May 15, 2024 8:56 am

Gru.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
manou
Rookie
And1: 437

Post#10 » by manou » Wed May 15, 2024 9:26 am

LoneyROY wrote:Curry hasn't come close to the playoff dominance that Joker has displayed.

Not many in the history of basketball have.

Yep, yesterday, Jokic was as dominant as Dirk in '11 against OKC, just a perfect game.
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,996

Post#11 » by Drax » Wed May 15, 2024 9:47 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:Rip curry lol....

Jokic is one of the goats...one of the best to ever lace them up...curry is just one of the best shooters...

The best, he changed the NBA with his 3 point shooting. No lead for any opponent was ever safe during peak Curry years.

Still Jokic, is one of a kind and unbelievable. But i believe it's closer than people think.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett, Tillman
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford, Kornet
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,369

Post#12 » by Zeno » Wed May 15, 2024 9:58 am

I think I'm going with peak Curry for now. I'm not a fan of doing this the day after a signature performance like last night so I'm giving Curry a bump. It is hard to separate the dominance of Curry's teams from him himself but right now when I think of Curry in those games back then I think it was absolutely hopeless against him. With Jokic, I feel like it is also absolutely hopeless but you get to think you have a chance first.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,315

Post#13 » by Mavrelous » Wed May 15, 2024 10:35 am

Too close to call, both are in competition for offensive GOAT peaks, gun to my head, I pick Jokic, both have proven to lead a serious contender with great supporting cast, Jokic performed much better with bad supporting cast.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
No-more-rings
Head Coach
And1: 3,903

Post#14 » by No-more-rings » Wed May 15, 2024 10:37 am

It’s clearly Jokic. You’d have to be a Curry stan or Jokic hater to say otherwise.
No-more-rings
Head Coach
And1: 3,903

Post#15 » by No-more-rings » Wed May 15, 2024 10:40 am

Zeno wrote:I think I'm going with peak Curry for now. I'm not a fan of doing this the day after a signature performance like last night so I'm giving Curry a bump.

You’re acting like Jokic hasn’t been dominant for several years in a row now. It’s not just one great game or series smh.
art_tatum
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,234

Post#16 » by art_tatum » Wed May 15, 2024 11:26 am

did people start watching basketball since 2020?
saying jokers had the most dominant playoff run and performance is crazy. Jordan? LeBron? Hakeem? shaq? hell even Giannis was dropping 50 point games in the finals.

but on topic I would go with peak curry. changed the game and dominated two regular seasons with record breaking success. his numbers were lower than they should be in 2016 bc he sat so many 4th periods. way more success than the nuggets. captivated people who weren't in basketball. did everyone forget the media firestorm in 2016 how crazy it was during the season? Messi was flying in just to watch curry. curry was in all the commercials.

people also forget he was dominant in the playoffs until facing the Cavs and the arguable GOAT, the Cavs always had his number bc they knew.all about off ball grabbing. plus he was injured in 2016, the Draymond suspension. yet the warriors were one possession away from repeat champions against an all time great team.

joker is an all time great already, but people imo are riding his stats too hard. ofc bc he's a passing center the ball goes through him, his rebounds and assists will always push those elementary advanced stats like PER to record levels.
he's very much like LeBron in that aspect, lacks asymmetric offense though.

but last year's run was one of the easiest paths to the chip, and we aren't done this year so I would hold my horses. ( though there's no LeBron Kyrie love team in their way) plus they weren't nearly as dominant in the regular season. maybe revisit when the playoffs are over. hell jokers game today while amazing is not even close to top performances 30 playoff performances.
even out of prime curry dominated a 50 bomb in a game 7 to eliminate the kings last year.
Ssj16
Senior
And1: 621

Post#17 » by Ssj16 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:59 pm

art_tatum wrote:did people start watching basketball since 2020?
saying jokers had the most dominant playoff run and performance is crazy. Jordan? LeBron? Hakeem? shaq? hell even Giannis was dropping 50 point games in the finals.

but on topic I would go with peak curry. changed the game and dominated two regular seasons with record breaking success. his numbers were lower than they should be in 2016 bc he sat so many 4th periods. way more success than the nuggets. captivated people who weren't in basketball. did everyone forget the media firestorm in 2016 how crazy it was during the season? Messi was flying in just to watch curry. curry was in all the commercials.

people also forget he was dominant in the playoffs until facing the Cavs and the arguable GOAT, the Cavs always had his number bc they knew.all about off ball grabbing. plus he was injured in 2016, the Draymond suspension. yet the warriors were one possession away from repeat champions against an all time great team.

joker is great, all time, but peoole imo are riding his stats too hard. ofc bc he's a passing center the ball goes through him, his rebounds and assists will always push those elementary advanced stats like PER to record levels.
he's very much like LeBron in that aspect. he is all time for sure, lacks asymmetric offense though.

but last year's run was one of the easiest paths to the chip, and we aren't done this year so I would hold my horses. ( though there's no LeBron Kyrie love team in their way) plus they weren't nearly as dominant in the regular season. maybe revisit when the playoffs are over. hell jokers game today while amazing is not even close to top performances 30 playoff performances.
even out of prime curry dominated a 50 bomb in a game 7 to eliminate the kings last year.

Look at who Curry has played with compared to who Jokic has played with. Again, I love Curry, he's on my all time favourite player list but when you don't win finals MVP 3 out of 4 times (3 of those times were in your prime), this says something about your peak greatness as a player.

Simply put, Jokic puts up insane numbers and does it with leas help. Also to win mvp 3 out of 4 years in a very talented league, already speaks to a high peak than Curry's
art_tatum
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,234

Post#18 » by art_tatum » Wed May 15, 2024 1:11 pm

Ssj16 wrote:
art_tatum wrote:did people start watching basketball since 2020?

joker is great, all time, but peoole imo are riding his stats too hard. ofc bc he's a passing center the ball goes through him, his rebounds and assists will always push those elementary advanced stats like PER to record levels.
he's very much like LeBron in that aspect. he is all time for sure, lacks asymmetric offense though.

Look at who Curry has played with compared to who Jokic has played with. Again, I love Curry, he's on my all time favourite player list but when you don't win finals MVP 3 out of 4 times (3 of those times were in your prime), this says something about your peak greatness as a player.

Simply put, Jokic puts up insane numbers and does it with leas help. Also to win mvp 3 out of 4 years in a very talented league, already speaks to a high peak than Curry's

I mean a big reason klay and green were all stars were bc of curry. Denver's team is pretty damn good, looking at what Porter jr, Murray, and the rest have done. Klays never put up what Murray has put up in the finals or playoffs. Hell klay was putting up 5 points in the finals.
It's just bad luck the guards in the west are so stacked, otherwise murray would be an all star.

Curry could've kept winning mvps if the KD things didn't happen, which took away 3 years of curry's peak for getting individual accolades. But they got 2 chips so that was the trade off.

Imo the peaks are close between shaq lebron curry and joker. I don't see the argument of joker clearly being above curry, which would make him clearly above shaq and lebron.
For best peak since jordan.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,717

Post#19 » by durden_tyler » Wed May 15, 2024 2:19 pm

Tough GOAT C vs GOAT PG. Stylistically, both are must-watch and personality-wise, will get along with anyone so great teammates/leaders. It’s a close one, but for now, Steph because of the number of rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,224

Post#20 » by therealbig3 » Wed May 15, 2024 2:28 pm

To me it’s obviously Jokic. Just a much more dominant offensive force while being better on defense too.

Not sure I’d take anyone ever over peak Jokic tbh.

Return to The General Board