Does Josh Giddey have exceptional BBIQ?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,788

Re: Does Josh Giddey have exceptional BBIQ? 

Post#41 » by Dez » Tue May 21, 2024 5:20 am

vulture wrote:He’s the least intense player in the league. Doesn’t get in a defensive stance ever and flips his hair during playoff games.

He doesn’t make second efforts and forget third. Giving this guy the ball is good for a tanking team but he’s not a serious basketball player imo.

So you've watched little to none of him? It's okay to just say that.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 813

Post#42 » by madskillz8 » Tue May 21, 2024 5:26 am

Skybox wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
levon wrote:Plays the game the right way.

Scrappy. A gym rat.

Did I miss any?

Plays for the love of the game.

Student of the game.

Adds 15 pounds of muscle every offseason.
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,578

Post#43 » by vulture » Tue May 21, 2024 2:32 pm

Dez wrote:
vulture wrote:He’s the least intense player in the league. Doesn’t get in a defensive stance ever and flips his hair during playoff games.

He doesn’t make second efforts and forget third. Giving this guy the ball is good for a tanking team but he’s not a serious basketball player imo.

I watch the league every night and that’s my assessment. I’ve watched more OKC this season than anyone else other than my raptors.
Astaluego
Junior
And1: 186

Post#44 » by Astaluego » Tue May 21, 2024 3:47 pm

mtcan wrote:I like Giddey. I think he will raise that 3pt% a couple more percent to being average and that will open up the floor for him.

OKC needs a big body and I would trade Jakob Poeltl for Josh Giddey. As a secondary ball handler and perhaps a 6th man floor general for the second unit...he'd be a nice fit until his shot comes around by which time he can slot into the starting line-up.
Thunder wants to play 4 wide guys who can shoot so SGA can cook,...they recently passed on Sengun/Lively and Gafford...I doubt they want Poelt, especially with his new contract...maybe after being destroyed on the boards for the Mavs, look for help at 5 but it will not be a traditional center, unless it is at least one of a situational veteran
Old Mike Lorenzo
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,277

Post#45 » by greg4012 » Tue May 21, 2024 5:16 pm

KembaWalker wrote:He’s not really good enough to justify the amount of usage he needs to maximize his strengths so like, what’s the point

This is the whole story right here
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,608

Post#46 » by mtcan » Tue May 21, 2024 8:13 pm

Astaluego wrote:
mtcan wrote:I like Giddey. I think he will raise that 3pt% a couple more percent to being average and that will open up the floor for him.

OKC needs a big body and I would trade Jakob Poeltl for Josh Giddey. As a secondary ball handler and perhaps a 6th man floor general for the second unit...he'd be a nice fit until his shot comes around by which time he can slot into the starting line-up.
Thunder wants to play 4 wide guys who can shoot so SGA can cook,...they recently passed on Sengun/Lively and Gafford...I doubt they want Poelt, especially with his new contract...maybe after being destroyed on the boards for the Mavs, look for help at 5 but it will not be a traditional center, unless it is at least one of a situational veteran

I believe getting cooked by Gafford and Lively will lead them to beefing up at the 5...even if just situationally.

The teams left in the playoffs have something in common: they are flexible enough with their roster construction that they can change the way they a play to their opponents. Having Poeltl for 3 more seasons and at a relatively cost-controlled deal and one that looks totally reasonable for a solid starting center who can play solid D and has soft hands to finish around the basket...that would work well in OKC.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,942

Post#47 » by RookieStar » Tue May 21, 2024 8:43 pm

madskillz8 wrote:
Skybox wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Scrappy. A gym rat.

Did I miss any?

Plays for the love of the game.

Student of the game.

Adds 15 pounds of muscle every offseason.

Dont forget the growth of an inch or 2 in height
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,788

Post#48 » by Dez » Tue May 21, 2024 11:38 pm

vulture wrote:
Dez wrote:

I watch the league every night and that’s my assessment. I’ve watched more OKC this season than anyone else other than my raptors.

Then your assessment skills need some serious work.
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,578

Post#49 » by vulture » Wed May 22, 2024 12:22 am

Dez wrote:
vulture wrote:
Dez wrote:

Then your assessment skills need some serious work.

Ok champ
Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#50 » by Johnny Tomala » Thu May 23, 2024 11:08 pm

Return to The General Board