Im tired of these nba stars

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

DDV
General Manager
And1: 0

Im tired of these nba stars 

Post#1 » by DDV » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:16 pm

same thing happens every year,star whines for a max contract gets it,team underacheves as they are hamstrung by the cap,star then asks to be traded when he cant take losing anymore,team trades disgruntled star for pennies on the dollar..

as a fan its tough to take and one of many reoasns why allot of people are down on the nba these days..
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#2 » by carrottop12 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:18 pm

When was the last time this happened and it wasn't legit for the star to be asking out of their team?
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#3 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:28 pm

I agree guys shouldn't do it when they wanted all that money..

But I don't understand what you're getting at other than that. Are you going to cut down on watching or something?

I don't think stuff like this should be such a serious factor in a person's view on the NBA, though. To me, that's not appreciating the game enough. If someone who watches little or at all, the credibility just isn't there to say something like that because of how much else is involved with the NBA. Plus, it's not wide-spread or several players, it's just certain guys.

That's just having a limited perspective because of a lack of knowledge.

Also, if someone follows a team, and if a player on that team does something like this that they like - then they can't like that player for awhile or anymore. Or else they're a hypocrite.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
40InchVert
Sophomore
And1: 94

Post#4 » by 40InchVert » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:50 pm

well whats a legit reason to ask out?

Batronuj wrote:When was the last time this happened and it wasn't legit for the star to be asking out of their team?
Cevap
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Cevap » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:30 pm

agree, kidd signes a 100 million dollar contract and wants out...but somehow doesn't want a paycut. tough **** wife beater.

paul pierce signed for 20 mill a year and wanted out last off season. What a joke.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#6 » by NetsForce » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:40 pm

Larry Hughes signed a big contract and he wants out of Cleveland... Too bad for him he is among the worst players in the NBA and no one else is dumb enough to pay him as much as he is getting paid for his services.
LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#7 » by LakerFanMan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:05 am

I don't get how Kidd is under achieving or how Peirce under acheived last year. However, when a player takes up most of the team's cap and then complains about how their team isn't signing any players to help them is what I find funny. If you want help, take a freaking pay cut. Thing is though, in Kidd's situation the Nets did go out and pay out big money to get him help. Problem is, most of his help doesn't play like they care 90% of the time.

Return to The General Board