76ers pass Knicks for the 6th seed in the East

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Re: 76ers pass Knicks for the 6th seed in the East 

Post#101 » by Kaner » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:33 am

knicksfan5494 wrote:
Miami_DieHard wrote:
knicksfan5494 wrote:God our coach sucks....... we only have one real weak link in our starting lineup and we still are miserably underachieving... sheesh.

The heat have Lebron WAde and Bosh and look how we have underachieved, just bear through it thats what being a fan is about, it takes time to mesh and when they do itll be difficult to stop

Lol, you're telling me to bear through it? Been a Knicks fan since like '01. Lol.

lmfao, thats amazing...someone who just realized his town has a basketball team this past July telling a real fan to "bear through it" and "that's what being a fan is all about" :rofl: wow
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#102 » by Kaner » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:41 am

Chosen01 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:Miami and NY...where superteams go to underachieve.

And if they weren't you would be complaining.

Yep, "Its unfair" Stern this Stern that.

LOL i love when people pretend like they know the reactions to outcomes of events that aren't occuring... keep pretending D-Whistle and el BJ don't get bailed out by refs more than the average NBA player :lol: :roll:
DaeDae
Analyst
And1: 661

Post#103 » by DaeDae » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Miami_DieHard wrote:i still think the top 3 seeds are up for grabs by Celtics Bulls or Heat, so we'll have to wait and see who the knicks play, i think there is going to be alot of shifting in the final games on all sections of the East standings 1/2/3 can shift, 4/5 can shift, 6/7 can definetly shift

The heat have virtually no shot at the top seed, and very little shot at the #2. Both Chicago and Boston hold the tie breakers, and a 3 game lead in the loss column. THey would each have to lose 4 times in their final 12 games while Miami goes undefeated for the remainder of the season, for the heat to get the #1 or even the #2 seed.

With their schedules, it just ain't happening. Sorry, Miami is about as locked into that #3 seed as it gets with 12 games remaining. Only thing I can see hapening is if the C's continue to lose.
Red Larrivee wrote:The Bulls have too many untouchables for a team without a second option.
Rockice_8
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#104 » by Rockice_8 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:31 pm

eslr wrote:
Paeds wrote:
eslr wrote:I feel bad for chauncey for having to finish out his last productive years with that mess of a team.

How is a .500 playoff team a "mess" and as the PG doesnt he have something to do about that?

Lets see:

They have dropped 5 of 6
They are below .500 since the trade, including multiple losses to some of the worst teams in the NBA
Their defense is awful
Their record would put them in 12th out west
They wont have any salary cap flexibility while Chauncey is there
They have no trade assets to get better

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. . . Don't worry though CP3 is going to S&T for Billups and Fields, then they are going to sign DeAndre Jordan for 5 mil and the Clip aren't going to match, and finally sign Rip Hamilton after he's bought out. Then all the Ring chasers are going to sign to play off the bench for the vet min and then all they have to do is sit back and collect championships.

See nothing to worry about.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#105 » by Paeds » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Lets see:

They have dropped 5 of 6
They are below .500 since the trade, including multiple losses to some of the worst teams in the NBA
Their defense is awful

They still have a winning record
They were a .500 team before and after the trade
Billups was injured for almost half of those games
They are almost a lock for the playoffs
They have the best record in years
They have a 1st rd pick in the draft
I am 100% confident that there are players and contracts that can be easily moved
If they want flexibility they can get it
eslr
Assistant Coach
And1: 25

Post#106 » by eslr » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Paeds wrote:
Lets see:

They have dropped 5 of 6
Their defense is awful

They still have a winning record
They were a .500 team before and after the trade
Billups was injured for almost half of those games
They are almost a lock for the playoffs
They have the best record in years
They have a 1st rd pick in the draft
I am 100% confident that there are players and contracts that can be easily moved
If they want flexibility they can get it

If the best you can come up with is "atleast we are .500 and still have a first round draft pick.....and we dont suck as much as we used to!" then you probably arent in great shape.

I guess it would be okay if you are a young rebuilding team, but you have what.......one player under the age of 25? Ouch.

Return to The General Board