2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins and goes to the ECFs?

Celtics in 4
24%
Celtics in 5
47%
Celtics in 6
15%
Celtics in 7
2%
Cavaliers in 4
1%
Cavaliers in 5
2%
Cavaliers in 6
5%
Cavaliers in 7
4%

Total votes: 258

KazuoOda
Rookie
And1: 1,368

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1181 » by KazuoOda » Fri May 10, 2024 11:49 pm

CoP wrote:
KazuoOda wrote:
CoP wrote:So you think it will be Cavs (your team) and Knicks in the ECF?

I'm not saying the Cavs are going to win. I just don't believe in the Celtics as THAT team. They are beatable. They don't strike fear in anyone. You look at Minnesota, no one wants to play them. Even the Knicks, they have a reputation they are gonna play hard and tough. You look at the Celtics you feel like you can go into their house and take some games.

Hmm, ok. Well that's quite a bit different from you saying that every team in the East except for the Knicks is a "layup."

Every team in the east except the Knicks is a layup.
Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,778

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#1182 » by Najeem27 » Fri May 10, 2024 11:50 pm

Everyone said the Celtics will sweep the Knicks but they lost to Cavs at home lmao
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,977

Post#1183 » by Larry_Russell » Sat May 11, 2024 12:44 am

Najeem27 wrote:Everyone said the Celtics will sweep the Knicks but they lost to Cavs at home lmao

Cavs are better.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,472

Post#1185 » by JonFromVA » Sat May 11, 2024 9:58 am

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I really don't understand the hate Tatum is getting. He was the Celtics best player last night and with Porzingis out, he's being asked to play PF for real. Guard play is why the Celtics lost.

Same reason as always ... as the #1 option, he's expected to close games.

I mean you close out close games.

There's no limits on when a superstar can start closing, but traditionally before the game gets out of hand.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,472

Post#1186 » by JonFromVA » Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

Tron Carter wrote:

Some of that was due to the Celtics wanting to create 3pt shots, but most of it was just players not making quick and correct reads in the moment.

Sometimes all that takes is having something different thrown at them. Where coaching comes in is recognizing these problems and fixing them. Ideally in the moment, but by the next game for sure. This is a big part of why some playoffs series will swing back and forth - the team which adjusts last has an advantage.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,087

Post#1187 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat May 11, 2024 10:57 am

Tron Carter wrote:

Poor Joe. He deserves a better fanbase. He gets all the blame when these players fail doing the same thing they've been doing for years playing in the same system they've been in since Brad Stevens joined them but he gets none of the credit for winning more than Brad Stevens ever did and just three less games (because of a Tatum ankle injury) than Ime Udoka. Should the Celtics go on to win it all it will be because of their talent or weak opponent. None of the haters will give him an ounce of credit or acknowledge they were wrong and apologize for dumb videos like this.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,324

Post#1188 » by Iwasawitness » Sat May 11, 2024 12:28 pm

Tron Carter wrote:

I don’t know who this guy is, but I like him.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 1-0) 

Post#1189 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat May 11, 2024 1:41 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:I pray the Cavs win tonight!!! Let’s go Cavs!

Better do a lot of praying. :wink: :rocking:

:D

I guess he answered your prayers. Do you think you have enough prayers for 3 more wins? The Celtics are done, right? Its over for the green. They suck. Cav's made the Celtics to get in their own way because they are so good. All of a sudden I'm shaking in my boots in fear of Cleveland. Boston is in trouble. :basketball: :rolleyes:
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,954

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 1-0) 

Post#1190 » by basketballRob » Sat May 11, 2024 2:00 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Better do a lot of praying. :wink: :rocking:

I guess he answered your prayers. Do you think you have enough prayers for 3 more wins? The Celtics are done, right? Its over for the green. They suck. Cav's made the Celtics to get in their own way because they are so good. All of a sudden I'm shaking in my boots in fear of Cleveland. Boston is in trouble. :basketball: :rolleyes:
I don't think the Celtics can beat the Cavs twice in Cleveland. That means the Celtics season might be decided in a game 7.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#1191 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat May 11, 2024 2:27 pm

basketballRob wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

I don't think the Celtics can beat the Cavs twice in Cleveland. That means the Celtics season might be decided in a game 7.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app

You could be right if the Celtics continue to get in their own way. Perhaps they will get their fingers out of their asses and finally start playing some basketball with some effort and energy. They are so casual and look bored. I only worry about the only player on the team I can't stand, Jason Tatum. Him and his usual Duke mentality approach to the game and playing ISO ball makes me want to scream and throw things at my tv. Always questioned his mental approach and toughness. Personally I think he is a mental pussy and the reason I voted a couple years ago in here to keep Brown and trade Tatum when that pole took place in here a couple years ago.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,053

Post#1192 » by thinktank » Sat May 11, 2024 3:01 pm

CoP wrote:
thinktank wrote:
CoP wrote:Not sure. Probably best to not ask me but instead ask the numerous people on the GB who clearly hate him.

LOL. Nobody is jealous of Tatum and his continual failures. Maybe you just can’t face the fact that he’s reached his ceiling of “success”, hmmm? ;)

I didn't say that people were jealous. rif.org

Not jealousy nor hate. People are just being real. Tatum has to do something more for people to pay attention.
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
KGDirkTD_Fan
Senior
And1: 603

Post#1193 » by KGDirkTD_Fan » Sat May 11, 2024 5:22 pm

Curious to see if the Celtics will unleash the fire in them like the Nuggets did last night. Only team left I haven't seen that dominant championship level performance yet it the post season.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,993

Post#1194 » by bisme37 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:05 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

Poor Joe. He deserves a better fanbase. He gets all the blame when these players fail doing the same thing they've been doing for years playing in the same system they've been in since Brad Stevens joined them but he gets none of the credit for winning more than Brad Stevens ever did and just three less games (because of a Tatum ankle injury) than Ime Udoka. Should the Celtics go on to win it all it will be because of their talent or weak opponent. None of the haters will give him an ounce of credit or acknowledge they were wrong and apologize for dumb videos like this.

No offense to my Celtics pals but I kind of agree. Mazzulla has the highest winning percentage of any coach in NBA history and gets fired by Celtics fans after every loss lol.

The Celtics players need to play harder and better and make shots. They are grownups who should know better by now and Joe isn't over there with a remote control making them suck.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,449

Post#1195 » by Tor_Raps » Sat May 11, 2024 7:13 pm

Is Jarrett Allen expected to play again?
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,530

Post#1196 » by Tron Carter » Sat May 11, 2024 9:08 pm

bisme37 wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

No offense to my Celtics pals but I kind of agree. Mazzulla has the highest winning percentage of any coach in NBA history and gets fired by Celtics fans after every loss lol.

The Celtics players need to play harder and better and make shots. They are grownups who should know better by now and Joe isn't over there with a remote control making them suck.

tbf this guy blames literally everything on coaching any time a team loses :lol:
R.I.P Black Mamba
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,698

Post#1197 » by CoP » Sat May 11, 2024 9:34 pm

thinktank wrote:
CoP wrote:
thinktank wrote:
LOL. Nobody is jealous of Tatum and his continual failures. Maybe you just can’t face the fact that he’s reached his ceiling of “success”, hmmm? ;)

I didn't say that people were jealous. rif.org

Not jealousy nor hate. People are just being real. Tatum has to do something more for people to pay attention.

Well you're incorrect about the hate. Just need to see the frequent comments about Tatum on this board and elsewhere on social media to know that a lot of people hate him.

Tatum has had multiple excellent performances in the playoffs as the #1 option leading a team to multiple conference championships and the Finals. He has done more at his age than the vast majority of players in the league.

He's not having a good playoffs this season, though. That's for sure.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 2,053

Post#1198 » by thinktank » Sat May 11, 2024 9:48 pm

CoP wrote:
thinktank wrote:
CoP wrote:I didn't say that people were jealous. rif.org

Well you're incorrect about the hate. Just need to see the frequent comments about Tatum on this board and elsewhere on social media to know that a lot of people hate him.

Tatum has had multiple excellent performances in the playoffs as the #1 option leading a team to multiple conference championships and the Finals. He has done more at his age than the vast majority of players in the league.

He's not having a good playoffs this season, though. That's for sure.

Tatum the Martyr.

Tatum against the world!

:roll:
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,087

Post#1199 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat May 11, 2024 10:26 pm

Celtics need to stop playing with their food. Joe is fighting for his life. If he loses another game the calls for his firing would get out of control
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,812

Post#1200 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 11, 2024 10:33 pm

DMitch (Kendrick )vs Tatum (Drake)

They not like us!

No seriously should be a fun game tonight. All the pressure on Boston. I think Tatum comes out and makes a statement tonight.

Return to The General Board