Race to the MVP pt. III

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Run DLC
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,793

Re: Race to the MVP pt. III 

Post#1361 » by Run DLC » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:27 am

Why does KD get more FTA's than LeBron? LeBron constantly attacks the rim more, yet KD still gets more FTA this season.
Thanks for all the great memories, LeBron! The show must go on! #Heatnation
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#1362 » by FlashFlare » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:27 am

LeBron won the MVP tonight. Durant's buckets game in garbage time. 40 empty points. Plus those gifted free throws :lol:
100% WADEaboo
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,560

Post#1363 » by Bank Shot » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:27 am

We're looking at a 90s type of situation. We've got an all-time great playing out of his mind but he's just running into one of the GOATs. It's the LeBron era.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#1364 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:28 am

ThatsWhatIShved wrote:Do any Lebron fans have any ACTUAL reasons as to why Lebron is now strangely the MVP? He just got outplayed by Durant, but Bosh/Chalmers/Wade outplayed all of Durant's teammates, so Lebron's team won. It seems winning bias is in full effect here. Watch the 4th quarter again, where KD puts OKC on his back to a near comeback, whereas Lebron stagnates the Heat offense and plays passive, leading to OKC nearly pulling off a historic upset.
Antrim
Sixth Man
And1: 703

Post#1365 » by Antrim » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:29 am

Run DLC wrote:Why does KD get more FTA's than LeBron? LeBron constantly attacks the rim more, yet KD still gets more FTA this season.

I don't have the numbers at hand, but I'm willing to bet all of my money that Duran't drives to the basket end in free throws over 80% of the time.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,499

Post#1366 » by D.Brasco » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:31 am

Run DLC wrote:Why does KD get more FTA's than LeBron? LeBron constantly attacks the rim more, yet KD still gets more FTA this season.

Look at their bodies i'm being serious. Even look at tonights game at how many time lebron was smacked up and not called. KD is so spindly and wiry every little contact he gets its evident (to the refs at least).

LeBron with his built and strength however can get near clobbered and the refs will think it was nothing.
Tien
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#1367 » by Tien » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:31 am

ThatsWhatIShved wrote:Do any Lebron fans have any ACTUAL reasons as to why Lebron is now strangely the MVP? He just got outplayed by Durant, but Bosh/Chalmers/Wade outplayed all of Durant's teammates, so Lebron's team won. It seems winning bias is in full effect here. Watch the 4th quarter again, where KD puts OKC on his back to a near comeback, whereas Lebron stagnates the Heat offense and plays passive, leading to OKC nearly pulling off a historic upset.

A+
Tien
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#1368 » by Tien » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:33 am

LeBron put that game away after 3 quarters. LeBron calls them "game changing plays".... He's really not kidding and he had a few of those tonight.

4th quarter was just garbage time.
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#1369 » by SweetTouch » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:34 am

Tien wrote:LeBron put that game away after 3 quarters. LeBron calls them "game changing plays".... He's really not kidding and he had a few of those tonight.

4th quarter was just garbage time.

Yeah LBJ loves saying that line "game changing plays"

That's why KD was able to play 48 minutes, he really wasn't doing much on the other end.

SPO had to take more than 1 timeout cuz LBJ told him he was gassed for what he was doing out there on both ends.
Stop being so disrespectful.
ThereIsNoSpork
Banned User
And1: 1,482

Post#1370 » by ThereIsNoSpork » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:37 am

:rofl:
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#1371 » by Woodsanity » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:39 am

Its embarrassing. Now all the box score watchers will actually think Durant did a good job.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,724

Post#1372 » by mademan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:40 am

MVP? Just rename it the LBJ.
jjgp111292
Senior
And1: 404

Post#1373 » by jjgp111292 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:41 am

I think the reason why KD gets so many more calls than LeBron despite the disparity in driving attempts is because LBJ drives more often than not end in a finish, while in the fewer times KD drives he almost always draws contact. I mean seriously, it seems like every time KD goes for a runner or a floater, just brushing against his jersey will be called as a foul
And see basically them trick bitches get no dap
And see basically Redman album is no joke
And see basically I don't get caught up at my label
Cause I kill when they **** with food on my dinner table
Twitter
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,724

Post#1374 » by mademan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:43 am

jjgp111292 wrote:I think the reason why KD gets so many more calls than LeBron despite the disparity in driving attempts is because LBJ drives more often than not end in a finish, while in the fewer times KD drives he almost always draws contact. I mean seriously, it seems like every time KD goes for a runner or a floater, just brushing against his jersey will be called as a foul

It's because KD is weaker and he flails every single time. I use to be a huge fan of his, but the more I watch, the more annoying it gets. Anyone see that steal Wade got on him (super clean, didn't even touch him) and he flailed his body like he got shot.
TheKiteDesigner
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#1375 » by TheKiteDesigner » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:49 am

jjgp111292 wrote:I think the reason why KD gets so many more calls than LeBron despite the disparity in driving attempts is because LBJ drives more often than not end in a finish, while in the fewer times KD drives he almost always draws contact. I mean seriously, it seems like every time KD goes for a runner or a floater, just brushing against his jersey will be called as a foul

LeBron absorbs contact better. But that doesn't mean he's not being fouled. His FT attempts will prob be back up to norm come playoff time. He's been getting stiffed by the refs all season.
TheKiteDesigner
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#1376 » by TheKiteDesigner » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:54 am

I applaud your effort. You're the same guy that said LeBron was being passive at the beginning of the 4th, even though LeBron started out the 4th on the bench lmao
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#1377 » by B-Ball Freak » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:58 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#1378 » by Benedict_Boozer » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 am

mademan wrote:It's because KD is weaker and he flails every single time. I use to be a huge fan of his, but the more I watch, the more annoying it gets. Anyone see that steal Wade got on him (super clean, didn't even touch him) and he flailed his body like he got shot.

Agree. Used to be a big KD fan but watching him pile up FT's is kind of wack. Like tonight, the fans want to see him and Lebron go at it but it barely seemed like KD got any actual buckets....it's like watching a FT shooting drill with him. KD can create his own shot just fine he doesn't need the refs gifting him so many FT's.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#1379 » by Pimpwerx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 am

When's the last time the MVP was locked up at the ASB? PEACE.
xStanton27
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#1380 » by xStanton27 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 am

Pimpwerx wrote:When's the last time the MVP was locked up at the ASB? PEACE.

It's locked up bro.

Return to The General Board