Race to the MVP pt. III

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

ThePersianFreak
Suspended
And1: 1,072

Re: Race to the MVP pt. III 

Post#1441 » by ThePersianFreak » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:35 am

if he wins his 4th MVP award and second championship (ala second finals mvp) , he'll defenitely surparss hakeem.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#1442 » by kingkirk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:31 am

LeBron-FTW wrote:if he wins his 4th MVP award and second championship (ala second finals mvp) , he'll defenitely surparss hakeem.

Possibly, but it hasn't happened yet, which was the premise of my initial post.

He will likely go past most guys, but he still has a lot to do, and is certainly capable of it.
acrossthecourt
Pro Prospect
And1: 729

Post#1443 » by acrossthecourt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:07 am

Please don't go on scoring titles alone. That's lukewarm analysis. McGrady was an extremely high usage guy who relied on long two-point shots, but unfortunately he wasn't Dirk. He really only had one great efficient, high usage season. McGrady, however, was a good passer.
Twitter: AcrossTheCourt
Website; advanced stats based with a few studies:
http://ascreamingcomesacrossthecourt.blogspot.com
imchillin
Banned User
And1: 28

Post#1444 » by imchillin » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:27 am

NYK_89 wrote:I will put it this way, from the looks of it KD will go down in the history books right about where Lebron is with half his career ahead of him, no point in really comparing. KD if he keeps it up will probably go around 12-16 Lebron basically already is #11 on your all time lists

KD is a scorer nothing else, unless hes going to turn into a serious two way player. People will remember he could score and not much else, believe that. He will need to pile on the rings too. When HOF talk gets serious, what you do on both ends of the court matter. and if he keeps losing to Lebron, its a wrap.
ThePersianFreak
Suspended

Post#1445 » by ThePersianFreak » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 am

imchillin wrote:
NYK_89 wrote:I will put it this way, from the looks of it KD will go down in the history books right about where Lebron is with half his career ahead of him, no point in really comparing. KD if he keeps it up will probably go around 12-16 Lebron basically already is #11 on your all time lists

KD is a scorer nothing else, unless hes going to turn into a serious two way player. People will remember he could score and not much else, believe that. He will need to pile on the rings too. When HOF talk gets serious, what you do on both ends of the court matter. and if he keeps losing to Lebron, its a wrap.

he's already improved alot , he may not be the best defender , but he's good enough.
and it's not like he's just a normal scorer , he's certainly gonna be one of the greatest scorer of all time.
imchillin
Banned User
And1: 28

Post#1446 » by imchillin » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:26 am

LeBron-FTW wrote:
imchillin wrote:

he's already improved alot , he may not be the best defender , but he's good enough.
and it's not like he's just a normal scorer , he's certainly gonna be one of the greatest scorer of all time.

if hes just going to be a scorer then he should be next to the iceman. Like i said, anything close to Lebron In HOF then he will need to be more than a scorer or have more rings than Lebron..something to that extreme.
ThePersianFreak
Suspended

Post#1447 » by ThePersianFreak » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 am

the thing is , he's a special talent and he's been the second best player in the game past 2 years . wether he'll be as great as LeBron , only time will tell us.though i personally don't think he'll be better than lebron.
dwolf15
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1448 » by dwolf15 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:55 pm

Kd is a great scorer who cant create for others.... just because his assist have gone up doesnt mean hes a playmaker. theyve gone up because harden is gone... same as westbrook.

ill leave it at this, when is the last time you saw kd box out a power forward, grab the board, not outlet it to westbrook, come down get in a pick and roll with ibaka, drive make the d collapse, kick it to thabo in the corner, then pick up the other teams best player, like lebron does and force other teams sf's into shooting less than 35% from the field.... he doesnt. in the final minutes against the heat thabo, and westbrook took lebron.... durant was on shane battier....

Thats all.
TheKiteDesigner
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#1449 » by TheKiteDesigner » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:48 pm

dwolf15 wrote:Kd is a great scorer who cant create for others.... just because his assist have gone up doesnt mean hes a playmaker. theyve gone up because harden is gone... same as westbrook.

ill leave it at this, when is the last time you saw kd box out a power forward, grab the board, not outlet it to westbrook, come down get in a pick and roll with ibaka, drive make the d collapse, kick it to thabo in the corner, then pick up the other teams best player, like lebron does and force other teams sf's into shooting less than 35% from the field.... he doesnt. in the final minutes against the heat thabo, and westbrook took lebron.... durant was on shane battier....

Thats all.

You take that back! Durant was too tired from locking up Chalmers for the majority of the game.
arifgokcen
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#1450 » by arifgokcen » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:15 pm

TheKiteDesigner wrote:
dwolf15 wrote:Kd is a great scorer who cant create for others.... just because his assist have gone up doesnt mean hes a playmaker. theyve gone up because harden is gone... same as westbrook.

Thats all.

You take that back! Durant was too tired from locking up Chalmers for the majority of the game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am still laughing
:lol: :lol: :lol:
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#1451 » by NaturalThunder » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:29 pm

The people that still think Durant is "just a scorer" who doesn't have much impact on the game elsewhere either haven't watched any OKC games this year, or they're ignorantly delusional. He's better now than Gervin ever was. That comparison might've applied two or three years ago, but not anymore.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1452 » by kingkirk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Thats all.

What are you even trying to say?

Durant isn't the same player as Lebron? Really?

I mean, i've never seen Tim Duncan do that either, he must be rubbish as well.

Im fairly confident everyone agrees that Lebron is the better player and has the more complete game, but to say Durant hasn't improved is just plain silly, because he has. And he is only 24.

Im not even sure what prompted you to say this, unless you're trying to reassure yourself of the already established notion that Lebron is a freak and the best player in the league?
NYK_89
Assistant Coach
And1: 72

Post#1453 » by NYK_89 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 pm

LeBron-FTW wrote:the thing is , he's a special talent and he's been the second best player in the game past 2 years . wether he'll be as great as LeBron , only time will tell us.though i personally don't think he'll be better than lebron.

Almost certainly will not, every time i see a "Durant will be on Lebrons Level here pretty soon hes only 24 post" i cringe. You guys realize we are probably never going to see another Lebron right. It could be 40 years before a player matches what he can do on the court.

Durant is a GREAT player. Will go down as one of the greatest scorers ever IMO but that is about it. Everyone seems to think he is just going to sprout incredible lateral agility a post game and point guard like passing abilities, he may even have a chance to be a top 10 player depending on his championships but come on Lebron will be in the top few and Durant will be on the bottom fringe at best.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#1454 » by NaturalThunder » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:41 pm

NYK_89 wrote:Durant is a GREAT player. Will go down as one of the greatest scorers ever IMO but that is about it. Everyone seems to think he is just going to sprout incredible lateral agility a post game and point guard like passing abilities, he may even have a chance to be a top 10 player depending on his championships but come on Lebron will be in the top few and Durant will be on the bottom fringe at best.

Ummm...he's already pretty laterally quick, especially for a 6'10" player. And his postgame is already pretty solid. I mean it's not great, but it's better than LeBron's was at 24. And why can't his postgame get better? That absolutely is something you can continue to develop and polish as you get older.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#1455 » by EscapoTHB » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Lebron and durant will both end up top five all time.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
KDgoat
Senior
And1: 19

Post#1456 » by KDgoat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:05 pm

EscapoTHB wrote:Lebron and durant will both end up top five all time.

And which 2 players will make room for them?

I don't see either of them making top 5. A lot can happen obviously, but I doubt it.
te887848
Starter
And1: 644

Post#1457 » by te887848 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 pm

LeBron will easily finish top 5 all time barring an early career ending injury. But yeah, top 5 for Durant is really reaching. Perhaps top 15.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1458 » by kingkirk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:18 pm

I'm not sure if either, let alone both, will knock off Jordan, Wilt, Russell, KAJ, Magic, Bird, Robertson etc.
dreamchaser
Banned User
And1: 166

Post#1459 » by dreamchaser » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm

KingCuban wrote:

I'm not sure if either, let alone both, will knock off Jordan, Wilt, Russell, KAJ, Magic, Bird, Robertson etc.

lebron has the opportunity to be the greatest of all-time but he still has some stuff to work on. as far as durant, no...
arifgokcen
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#1460 » by arifgokcen » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Lebron with 7MVPs 5FMVP(depending on narrative) could be either #1-#2.However i dont see durant making top 10 he is just not dominant.He is the ultimate scorer however even though he reached his athletic prime his defense is very bad for top 10 player.We talk about bird and how bad his defense was,durant is worse compared to bird and his offense is not better than bird's.Sorry i just cant see durant making top 10.He is like iceman,dantley top 20 material no more than that.He just doesnt have the potential.

Return to The General Board