Not sure anyone can beat Denver

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Denver back to back?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 204

GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,687

Re: Not sure anyone can beat Denver 

Post#161 » by GrandTheftRondo » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:20 am

HotRocks34 wrote:
zero rings wrote:Boston can definitely beat them.

I'm not so sure about that.

They can't do anything against Jokic and that's not a situation a Denver opponent wants to be in.

Not a good matchup for Boston, it seems.

Both games have been close with Tatum being horrific in both.

I guess the question is whether Tatum is capable of ever showing up against them.
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,654

Post#162 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:54 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:
zero rings wrote:Boston can definitely beat them.

I'm not so sure about that.

They can't do anything against Jokic and that's not a situation a Denver opponent wants to be in.

Not a good matchup for Boston, it seems.

Both games have been close with Tatum being horrific in both.

I guess the question is whether Tatum is capable of ever showing up against them.

agree, Boston absolutely morally swept the season series
Слава Украине!
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,150

Post#163 » by FarBeyondDriven » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:34 am

they're evenly matched imo. Brown has a major advantage against the Nuggets undersized back court but the two-man game gives the Celtics fits and the Nuggets have the best player in the series in Jokic. It wouldn't surprise me either way but I think the series would almost assuredly go 7 games.
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,768

Post#164 » by evilpimp972 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:30 am

Boston is a huge threat but they had problems in the past in the clutch I dont care how close the game is I will take Denver everytime
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
Birdon
Sophomore
And1: 201

Post#165 » by Birdon » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:44 am

A stay in Overlook Hotel should take care of them. 90 minutes away from Denver.
Make it happen Brad.
Ssj16
Senior
And1: 617

Post#166 » by Ssj16 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:47 pm

Sweet Serenity wrote:Jokic is a cheat code

What are Aces and Kings to a Joker?
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,594

Post#167 » by lonzo_pelota » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:36 pm

I think Paul Atreides could beat Denver
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,521

Post#168 » by celtxman » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:57 pm

evilpimp972 wrote:Boston is a huge threat but they had problems in the past in the clutch I dont care how close the game is I will take Denver everytime

Yes....for now. In other words, the Celtics need to be able to win in the clutch. Denver does that far more consistently and they also have the best player in the NBA. Denver doesn't need to change anything to repeat as champions. The Celtics need to change how they play to finish games.
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,287

Post#169 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:31 pm

Well like all the contenders at this point, they either have injuries or experience concerns but frankly injuries seem to be the only thing that can stop DEN now.

Fully healthy it looks like they counter Boston really well.

I'd give Clippers as the best chance to beat them because when Kawhi is going strong he is one of the few players that can do things about as well as Jokic dominance wise in a different way and they are also pretty big. And of course an S ton of talent around Kawhi.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,106

Post#170 » by AleksandarN » Fri Mar 8, 2024 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,560

Post#171 » by BigGargamel » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:03 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:Denver had everything just fall their way last year (or maybe just a lot). I doubt it happens again.

What does this even mean?

People forget how good Denver really was during the playoffs last year. I don't care who the opponents were. They were firing on all cylinders the entire run and would have beaten any team.
Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,445

Post#172 » by Godymas » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:07 pm

yeah i am getting more and more convinced they are going to repeat. Jokic is just different, and the reason for that is because his game is not reliant on insane athleticism like Giannis. Jokic has 0 holes in his game offensively, he is the most complete offensive player there ever was. There is nothing he cannot do with the ball in his hands on offense. The Nuggets had their formula to win last year and they got it done. He has very little injury risk in how he plays the game and his team and their chemistry is easily the strongest in the NBA by a wide margin.
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,441

Post#173 » by Sgt Major » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:32 pm

I like how people who rarely watch the Nuggets get stunned by everything they see from Jokic. It's understandable, I don't watch the Bucks, the Celtics, the Knicks etc. that often.

The thing is, first you'll be surprised, then you're gonna get pissed off, than the last phase comes and that is acceptance. I'm not trolling, it really is like that. Floaters, alley-oops, weird shots off of wrong leg, tip-ins, backboard threes, all the stuff like that. It's weird, but he's been doing it for years.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,142

Post#174 » by Exp0sed » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:32 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:Well like all the contenders at this point, they either have injuries or experience concerns but frankly injuries seem to be the only thing that can stop DEN now.

Fully healthy it looks like they counter Boston really well.

I'd give Clippers as the best chance to beat them because when Kawhi is going strong he is one of the few players that can do things about as well as Jokic dominance wise in a different way and they are also pretty big. And of course an S ton of talent around Kawhi.
Minny was my pick to beat them before KAT went down, now I think the Suns have the best shot

Nuggets had difficulty disposing of them when KD and Booker played only a few games together during the rs and they surrounded by scrubs
Nurkic can make life a bit difficult for Jokic, especially on the boards, much more than Ayton and guys like Allen and Royce etc are much better than the scrubs they played last season, maybe Beal turns back time..who knowe

I think a healthy Suns team can def beat the Nuggets

Sent from my SM-A115F using RealGM mobile app
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#175 » by sunsbg » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:50 pm

Suns if healthy obviously have a chance. Took two games in last playoffs with the corpse of CP3, who got injured as usual, and mentally checked out Ayton. Nurkic is the opposite of DA in that regard. Beal when healthy is a game changer like in that win just a few days ago. Nuggets have a lot better chemistry though.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,980

Post#176 » by Johnny Firpo » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:58 pm

sunsbg wrote:Suns if healthy obviously have a chance. Took two games in last playoffs with the corpse of CP3, who got injured as usual, and mentally checked out Ayton. Nurkic is the opposite of DA in that regard. Beal when healthy is a game changer like in that win just a few days ago. Nuggets have a lot better chemistry though.

Agree, the Suns are actually the most dangerous opponent to them, also the Wolves, they just match up well. OKC one day, maybe as soon as 2025, could be good enough, just not yet. Other teams, I don't think so (if everyone is healthy). Nuggets will be favorites against anyone, but until Watson and Braun improve even more, they are not unbeatable. Watson I think could be an absolutely game changer next year. He has showed glimpses of one day becoming a great two-way player. If that happens next year. That could be something for the Nuggets.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,494

Post#177 » by HotRocks34 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 11:43 pm

Suns are dangerous to Denver because of Nurkic.

They were smart to get him.
** Luka made The Finals without Brunson
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,613

Post#178 » by Hoop Hunter » Fri Mar 8, 2024 11:59 pm

Joshyjess wrote:Nah, if Boston plays well, not only will they win, but they can easily sweep Denver. Boston's top 6 are the best in the league (and one of the best to 6 in many, many years), and when they are on, nobody has a chance. This year is Boston's year, and the only team that can beat them are themselves. Denver is really good, but just not good enough.

:noway:
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,739

Post#179 » by ChuckChilly » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:04 am

To me, the Nuggets still don't have that same zing that they had last year, so that makes them beatable. I will say if MPJ can play more like an all star and less like a role player in the playoffs, they definitely can beat any team easily. He's the x-factor.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,512

Post#180 » by brutalitops » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:20 am

Neither. I'm confident we (Fully healthy) stand as much chance as Boston, but if we took 3 games in a series I would be stoked with that result

Return to The General Board