Jokic is NOT him

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,996

Re: Jokic is NOT him 

Post#161 » by AleksandarN » Tue May 7, 2024 8:07 pm

picc wrote:Jokic is getting 2004 Piston’d at the moment. There’s only so much anyone can do against a defense like this. I cant kill he or Murray for their offensive performance so far, the Wolves defense was so good it increased my blood pressure.

Jokic is not playing with any urgency or heart for that matter. Not agressive at all. Kill him for that. No excuses. You are the best player in the world
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,542

Post#162 » by dygaction » Tue May 7, 2024 10:21 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
dygaction wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
3 time mvp? Are you actually Big Perk or is this Eyeatoma’s burner?

I’m counting 4 time MVP

J/k I know you a real one - but he is the 4 time mvp

If you do not switch quick, Ant wagon will be too full

Naw bro I’m rolling with Jokic...I live part time in Denver ironically plus I honestly thought Giannis was gonna take over after Lebron and Jokic stunned me and proved he was worthy.

I see the jordan in ants dna but I’m not falling for it again....you and I know SGA and Luka got next - Edwards is a usurper that hasn’t paid his dues yet.... we know how this game is -

The new shinny hotshot until he gets bounced -

Then he needs help narrative starts

Then they need to play a certain way starts

And then If they don’t wing a ring it’s all about the, stat stuffing but missing the intangibles

And then they break through

Luka and SGA and Tatum are the guys on deck

If Jokic falls the championship will come from one of these 3 teams

Dallas, OKC or Boston

What if Ant just flexes all the way to a championship? Wolves' roster is really that good and he could be the chosen one.

With Jamal Murray's pending 3 year $145M contract extension, they don't have cap flexibility to improve. Nuggets' contending window might have been closed just like Bucks.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,361

Post#163 » by CobraCommander » Wed May 8, 2024 2:00 am

dygaction wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
dygaction wrote:

Naw bro I’m rolling with Jokic...I live part time in Denver ironically plus I honestly thought Giannis was gonna take over after Lebron and Jokic stunned me and proved he was worthy.

I see the jordan in ants dna but I’m not falling for it again....you and I know SGA and Luka got next - Edwards is a usurper that hasn’t paid his dues yet.... we know how this game is -

And then If they don’t wing a ring it’s all about the, stat stuffing but missing the intangibles

Dallas, OKC or Boston

What if Ant just flexes all the way to a championship? Wolves' roster is really that good and he could be the chosen one.

With Jamal Murray's pending 3 year $145M contract extension, they don't have cap flexibility to improve. Nuggets' contending window might have been closed just like Bucks.

True but jokic is a all time all time - sorry I have seen enough lol
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,538

Post#164 » by jokeboy86 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:12 am

AleksandarN wrote:
picc wrote:Jokic is getting 2004 Piston’d at the moment. There’s only so much anyone can do against a defense like this. I cant kill he or Murray for their offensive performance so far, the Wolves defense was so good it increased my blood pressure.

Jokic is not playing with any urgency or heart for that matter. Not agressive at all. Kill him for that. No excuses. You are the best player in the world

The thing about Jokic I wonder is will he be content winning one ring or does he want more and want to be mentioned as one of the top 10 greatest players of all time. I don't think he'll ever slack off or stop caring altogether but with guys like Jordan/Kobe/Lebron it almost seemed like they had an obsession with it at times. Or with Magic and Bird they both clearly wanted to be better than the other and that's what motivated them. With Jokic you wonder is he like Wilt/Shaq in that when they were hyper motivated they were truly unstoppable but it came few far and between because even when they weren't they were still HOF great players cause of how easy the game came to them.

Jokic has already exceeded all of his or anybody expectations at this point so what will motivate him from this point on?
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,241

Post#165 » by Wallace_Wallace » Wed May 8, 2024 2:21 am

dygaction wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
dygaction wrote:

Dallas, OKC or Boston

Same with the Wolves. After next season, Gobert (60m+) would need a max extension along with NAW/Reid's player options (likely command 25m/year in an open market). If they don't win this year or next year, they'll have to get rid of two roles players or one of KAT/Gobert AND the possibility of Conley retiring.....so best of luck to Michael Jordan, hopefully he wins this year or next year.

The Thunder, which will their biggest rival going forward, have a better situation with their payroll. With Hayward's 31m off the book this season, they can look to add a couple role players/absorb an all star contract.
losmi
Junior
And1: 589

Post#166 » by losmi » Mon May 13, 2024 12:07 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:Jokic this series reminds me of 2010 Lebron giving up on the Cavs knowing they don’t have it

This is his first real adversity though. Lebron balled in many playoffs before that, against rosters better than his. This is Jokics first taste (even though Denver had homecourt and was the favorites here), and he's crumbling.

So, how is Jokic handling his "first real adversity" so far? Still crumbling?
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#167 » by Cubbies2120 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:15 pm

losmi wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:Jokic this series reminds me of 2010 Lebron giving up on the Cavs knowing they don’t have it

This is his first real adversity though. Lebron balled in many playoffs before that, against rosters better than his. This is Jokics first taste (even though Denver had homecourt and was the favorites here), and he's crumbling.

:lol:
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#168 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 12:15 pm

losmi wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

He was indeed him. He played like it in game 3 and 4. Not only Jokic played great offensively he played his best defense this playoffs.
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,393

Post#169 » by hardenASG13 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:19 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
losmi wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

He was amazing last night. In game 3, he kinda no showed in the first half and was carried by his (great) supporting cast. If he wins this series vs 3 seed Minnesota (a team noted for its playoff success and deep playoff runs) it will surely mean he's the GOAT though.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#170 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 12:23 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
losmi wrote:

He was amazing last night. In game 3, he kinda no showed in the first half and was carried by his (great) supporting cast. If he wins this series vs 3 seed Minnesota (a team noted for its playoff success and deep playoff runs) it will surely mean he's the GOAT though.

No showed? Again it’s like you are either being intellectually dishonest or don’t understand the complexity of the game you are watching. I don’t think you are stupid so I go with the former
losmi
Junior
And1: 589

Post#171 » by losmi » Mon May 13, 2024 12:41 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
losmi wrote:

Got it. Every time Jokic beats a team, that team will be considered "bad". So, he'll never beat a good team.

And if he beats a team that is undeniably good, then he'll be "carried by his great supporting cast".
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#172 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 12:45 pm

losmi wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:

Got it. Every time Jokic beats a team, that team will be considered "bad". So, he'll never beat a good team.

And if he beats a team that is undeniably good, then he'll be "carried by his great supporting cast".

It is sad. Hey HardenASG don’t be like that bro. You be wanting jokic to fail so bad you start coming up with anything to diminish whatever he does when he doesn’t fail. Bro just give it a rest you are looking worse each post you make bro. I get you hate fans of Nuggets and Jokic so much you start wishing for them to fail. Just enjoy the ride bro.
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#173 » by Cubbies2120 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:46 pm

I told y'all a few days back as soon as the Nuggets come back, the Wolves are frauds :lol:
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,543

Post#174 » by BigGargamel » Mon May 13, 2024 12:47 pm

It's hilarious to me how people still don't realize how important Jokic is to Denver. You would think after watching the last two playoff seasons you would understand, but no. Denver does not have a "great" supporting cast. They really don't. KCP, Gordon, MPJ, Murray. They are role players. Good role players, yes, but none of them can carry the team if Jokic is not on the court. None of those guys are ever ever going to make an All-Star team. Everything Denver does, their whole identity, goes through Jokic. That is why he is the MVP every year. The team simply cannot survive if he isn't amazing every single night. Which he almost always is. No other player in the NBA shoulders the responsibility Jokic does.
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#175 » by hardenASG13 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:47 pm

losmi wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:

No, Minnesota is not bad. Beating them and winning a second round series, if it happens, isn't some historical accomplishment though. Didn't a Jokic fan start this thread, by the way?
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,654

Post#176 » by OdomFan » Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

So is it impossible for someone to be him when they go up against another him? one of the hims has to lose some time. that makes them no longer a him? seems a little unfair to me.

Its the NBA. Theres gonna be a ton of big him vs him clashes.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#177 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 12:59 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
losmi wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

No, Minnesota is not bad. Beating them and winning a second round series, if it happens, isn't some historical accomplishment though. Didn't a Jokic fan start this thread, by the way?

Just stop it bro. Each post you make the worse it gets. You wishing Jokic fails is bad enough but when you start diminishing his accomplishments when he doesn’t fail makes you look bad. It is a bad look. Makes you lose any credibility you had left. Just stop before you have to delete your account and start a new one. Just some friendly advise from a person that cares about your mental well being.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#178 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 1:01 pm

OdomFan wrote:So is it impossible for someone to be him when they go up against another him? one of the hims has to lose some time. that makes them no longer a him? seems a little unfair to me.

Its the NBA. Theres gonna be a ton of big him vs him clashes.

I think ANT is him too. He is my favorite non Nuggets player. Love his game
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#179 » by hardenASG13 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:03 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
losmi wrote:

Just stop it bro. Each post you make the worse it gets. You wishing Jokic fails is bad enough but when you start diminishing his accomplishments when he doesn’t fail makes you look bad. It is a bad look. Makes you lose any credibility you had left. Just stop before you have to delete your account and start a new one. Just some friendly advise from a person that cares about your mental well being.

I didn't start this thread, that was you. I'm not diminishing anything, just keeping it real. You cant start a thread like this then ask where the Jokic haters are at. It's embarrassing.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,394

Post#180 » by Lunartic » Mon May 13, 2024 1:07 pm

If you're not using 1-2 game sample sizes to determine who's a fraud and who's GOAT, you simply aren't a RealGM™

Return to The General Board