Jokic is NOT him

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,996

Re: Jokic is NOT him 

Post#181 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 1:08 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
No, Minnesota is not bad. Beating them and winning a second round series, if it happens, isn't some historical accomplishment though. Didn't a Jokic fan start this thread, by the way?

Just stop it bro. Each post you make the worse it gets. You wishing Jokic fails is bad enough but when you start diminishing his accomplishments when he doesn’t fail makes you look bad. It is a bad look. Makes you lose any credibility you had left. Just stop before you have to delete your account and start a new one. Just some friendly advise from a person that cares about your mental well being.

I didn't start this thread, that was you. I'm not diminishing anything, just keeping it real. You cant start a thread like this then ask where the Jokic haters are at. It's embarrassing.

I don’t think you hate Jokic. You just want him to fail because of his fans. It is sad. Just enjoy his greatness bro
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#182 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 1:13 pm

Lunartic wrote:If you're not using 1-2 game sample sizes to determine who's a fraud and who's GOAT, you simply aren't a RealGM™

In my defense I said Jokic was not playing like him at the start of the series I was right. Maybe the title was a bit much. But I wasn’t wrong.
Hsker4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,266

Post#183 » by Hsker4Life » Mon May 13, 2024 1:58 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
Lunartic wrote:If you're not using 1-2 game sample sizes to determine who's a fraud and who's GOAT, you simply aren't a RealGM™

In my defense I said Jokic was not playing like him at the start of the series I was right. Maybe the title was a bit much. But I wasn’t wrong.

You were wrong when you said “Jokic is NOT him”.
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#184 » by Cubbies2120 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:03 pm

I just want hardenASG13 to give me a brief overview of how Jokic's playoff performances compare to Harden/Embiid. :D
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,722

Post#185 » by Infinite Llamas » Mon May 13, 2024 2:26 pm

Are we sure this isn’t a social experiment to see if a Jokic fan can forage And-1’s from Jokic haters? :)
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
losmi
Junior
And1: 589

Post#186 » by losmi » Mon May 13, 2024 2:52 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:I just want hardenASG13 to give me a brief overview of how Jokic's playoff performances compare to Harden/Embiid. :D

Here's a brief overview.

When Jokic's team loses, it's only because he was bad and his weaknesses were exploited.
When Jokic's team wins, it's only because the opponent was weak and his teammates and his coach were great.

When Embiid's team loses, it's only because he was injured and his teammates and his coach were bad.
When Embiid's team wins ... well, it never happens so I don't know.
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,393

Post#187 » by hardenASG13 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:10 pm

losmi wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:I just want hardenASG13 to give me a brief overview of how Jokic's playoff performances compare to Harden/Embiid. :D

Here's a brief overview.

When Jokic's team loses, it's only because he was bad and his weaknesses were exploited.
When Jokic's team wins, it's only because the opponent was weak and his teammates and his coach were great.

When Embiid's team loses, it's only because he was injured and his teammates and his coach were bad.

Those are facts though. Jokic hasn't beaten great teams in the playoffs. He's tied 2-2 with Minnesota, congratulations.

Embiid has been injured, almost every playoffs. It's a knock on him. For the millionth time, I'm not an embiid or Harden fan, simply made my screen name as an OKC fan in 2012 predicting Harden would be an Allstar in 2013. He was, and went on to win numerous scoring titles and made hoston one of the best teams in the league in his prime.

You have to realize I'm not comparing Jokic to Embiid, Giannis, or anyone else when I argue against him. I don't think any of those guys are all time greats. I compare his series wins vs those of the all timers like Lebron/MJ/Shaq who he is regularly compared to on this board. And his resume of beating quality teams falls well short in that department. I've said all year if Denver beats Boston this year I'd begin to look at it differently, and I will. I've heard all the times people give him credit because he hasn't had an all star. But his roster is loaded, while teams with multiple all stars and lots of roster holes continue to struggle.

He had a great game last night, have your moment. He may get that first series win vs. a 50 win team.
_NoMas
Pro Prospect
And1: 947

Post#188 » by _NoMas » Mon May 13, 2024 3:39 pm

Chessboxer wrote:He is a supremely skilled big man, who is profiting of the lack of real big men in this small ball era. He would have been very good in the era of real big men, but no way would he stand out like he does now. The fanboys in the media went crazy last year like he was Hakeem going through Ewing and Robinson en route to the title. However, they faced 3 play in teams including two #8 seeds. One of the #8 seeds was an injured one in the Finals. It was one of the easiest paths to a title in recent memory.

I just saw a stat that Jokic has never beat a 50 win team in the playoffs. That encapsulates why he not the best player in the league to me. I just dont see it. I dont care what the analytics say.

Who do you think is the best in the league?
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,999

Post#189 » by tsherkin » Mon May 13, 2024 3:39 pm

Chessboxer wrote:He is a supremely skilled big man, who is profiting of the lack of real big men in this small ball era. He would have been very good in the era of real big men, but no way would he stand out like he does now. The fanboys in the media went crazy last year like he was Hakeem going through Ewing and Robinson en route to the title. However, they faced 3 play in teams including two #8 seeds. One of the #8 seeds was an injured one in the Finals. It was one of the easiest paths to a title in recent memory.

I just saw a stat that Jokic has never beat a 50 win team in the playoffs. That encapsulates why he not the best player in the league to me. I just dont see it. I dont care what the analytics say.

This is a truly bad take. It's fairly impressive how horrid it is, actually.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,965

Post#190 » by HotelVitale » Mon May 13, 2024 3:42 pm

AleksandarN wrote:

Take the L here, don't get to do the 'in my defense' thing when you're defending overreacting. If the title was 'Jokic doesn't look good the last couple games--I'm concerned' that's defensible but you went for 'Jokic is NOT him.'
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#191 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 3:51 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:

Take the L here, don't get to do the 'in my defense' thing when you're defending overreacting. If the title was 'Jokic doesn't look good the last couple games--I'm concerned' that's defensible but you went for 'Jokic is NOT him.'

I am not taking the l. Jokic did not play up to his standards as the best player on the planet. No one is above reproach. He was not playing like him the first two games. He stepped it up to his all world potential. Look I have been on this Jokic train way before most of you guys. He is my favorite player on my favorite team. I hold him to standards of the best player of his generation and when he is not playing like it I will call it out. One thing I will take responsibility for is the click bait title though . But what I said in this thread was true.
Wargreymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,568

Post#192 » by Wargreymon » Mon May 13, 2024 3:56 pm

This thread didn't age well at all lol. Jokic put up 29ppg/10.5rpg/8apg/3spg/2bpg in games 3 and 4.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#193 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 3:56 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
losmi wrote:

Here's a brief overview.

Those are facts though. Jokic hasn't beaten great teams in the playoffs. He's tied 2-2 with Minnesota, congratulations.

Embiid has been injured, almost every playoffs. It's a knock on him. For the millionth time, I'm not an embiid or Harden fan, simply made my screen name as an OKC fan in 2012 predicting Harden would be an Allstar in 2013. He was, and went on to win numerous scoring titles and made hoston one of the best teams in the league in his prime.

You have to realize I'm not comparing Jokic to Embiid, Giannis, or anyone else when I argue against him. I don't think any of those guys are all time greats. I compare his series wins vs those of the all timers like Lebron/MJ/Shaq who he is regularly compared to on this board. And his resume of beating quality teams falls well short in that department. I've said all year if Denver beats Boston this year I'd begin to look at it differently, and I will. I've heard all the times people give him credit because he hasn't had an all star. But his roster is loaded, while teams with multiple all stars and lots of roster holes continue to struggle.

He had a great game last night, have your moment. He may get that first series win vs. a 50 win team.

You want Jokic to fail so bad
It is sad. What’s worse when he doesn’t fail you try to diminish his accomplishments all because you hate how some basketball fans you think overrate Jokic. It is pretty sad. Bro it is bad
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#194 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 3:58 pm

Wargreymon wrote:This thread didn't age well at all lol. Jokic put up 29ppg/10.5rpg/8apg/3spg/2bpg in games 3 and 4.

Yes he stepped it up. But what I said about Jokic in the first two games was correct.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,427

Post#195 » by Woodsanity » Mon May 13, 2024 4:03 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
losmi wrote:

Here's a brief overview.

Jokic has shown up every playoffs.

Jokic has had no all stars in his career ever. You can say Murray all you want but he is inconsistent and was injured for two whole seasons. Now he is injured again and playing very poorly.

Nice nitpicking. Clippers were a 49 win team in a shortened 72 win season so they were on track for well over 50 wins.

Not Jokic's fault that the high win teams were all fraudulent and loss to "lesser" teams.

Not a Harden fan but have Harden in your username. :lol:
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
TheGeneral99
Veteran
And1: 2,991

Post#196 » by TheGeneral99 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:07 pm

Jokic is basically averaging averaging 27, 11 and 8 on 50% shooting this series and getting a ton of criticism, showing how dominant this guy is.

A subpar game for Jokic would be a great game for most NBA all-stars.

For reference, Lebron averaged 26, 10 and 8 on the 2016 playoffs and and 28, 11 and 9 in the 2020 playoffs, both resulting in titles.
TheGeneral99
Veteran
And1: 2,991

Post#197 » by TheGeneral99 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:11 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
losmi wrote:

Here's a brief overview.

This is just crazy:

2020 - Nuggets beat a healthy Clippers team with Kawhi and George (2nd seed on pace to win 55+ games in a shortened season).
2021 - Murray missed the playoffs (lost to Suns who made the finals)
2022 - Murray missed the playoffs (lost to Warriors who won the chip).
2023 - Nuggets beat an up and coming Minnesota team, a Suns team with Durant and Booker, the Lakers with a healthy AD and Lebron, and the Eastern Conference champion Heat in a 4-1 domination.
2024 - Nuggets beat the Lakers with a healthy AD and Lebron.

And in the past two years the Nuggets weren't just beating teams, they were destroying teams.

Why are you devaluing Minnesota? They were tied for the best record in the West, have a budding MVP caliber superstar in Edwards, the DPOY in Gobert and another all-star in Towns. It's a great team.
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,394

Post#198 » by Lunartic » Mon May 13, 2024 4:24 pm

AleksandarN wrote:

Just beg forgiveness
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#199 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 4:28 pm

Lunartic wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:

Just beg forgiveness

For what? Jokic didn’t play like him in the first two games of the series why would I ask for forgiveness? I have been a fan of Jokix way before most of you. He is my favorite player.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,999

Post#200 » by tsherkin » Mon May 13, 2024 4:31 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
Lunartic wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:In my defense I said Jokic was not playing like him at the start of the series I was right. Maybe the title was a bit much. But I wasn’t wrong.

Just beg forgiveness

For what? Jokic didn’t play like him in the first two games of the series why would I ask for forgiveness? I have been a fan of Jokix way before most of you. He is my favorite player.

Probably because you took two games and used that to attempt whole reputation tanking, as if no other great has had a similar rough stretch, Jordan included. It's a classic hot take, and it isn't a particularly deft one, either.

Return to The General Board