Bronny James dominates at the draft combine

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,058

Re: Bronny James dominates at the draft combine 

Post#181 » by LaLover11 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:33 am

whatisacenter wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:How good do you guys think Lebron would have been if he was 6' 1" instead of 6' 8"?

Eric Bledsoe wasn’t that bad, people use to call him Mini Lebron

I don’t think he will be as good as Eric Bledsoe.

Have any of the pro Bronny folks actually watched him play in college? He was below average at pretty much every aspect of the game.

When will haters realize this has been the plan all along.
Nobody wants to go play in Atlanta or Detroit

Sandbagging: : to hide the truth about oneself so as to gain an advantage over another
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#182 » by docholliday99 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:41 am

LaLover11 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Eric Bledsoe wasn’t that bad, people use to call him Mini Lebron

Have any of the pro Bronny folks actually watched him play in college? He was below average at pretty much every aspect of the game.

Sandbagging: : to hide the truth about oneself so as to gain an advantage over another

Maybe he'll wash out right away, maybe not. He needed another year in college for sure, maybe 2 - just to get more playing time and adjust to playing the right way.

Can't wait for Bryce....s*** around here and the internet is a little extreme. Bron haters didn't see Lebron fail, so I guess they can have their consolation prize to say I told you so.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,127

Post#183 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 15, 2024 5:46 am

docholliday99 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Maybe he'll wash out right away, maybe not. He needed another year in college for sure, maybe 2 - just to get more playing time and adjust to playing the right way.

Can't wait for Bryce....s*** around here and the internet is a little extreme. Bron haters didn't see Lebron fail, so I guess they can have their consolation prize to say I told you so.

I"m not hating. I legit want to know if folks have actually watched him play.

A while back there was a poll asking if posters watched games or just highlights and the results surprised me.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,490

Post#184 » by SweaterBae » Wed May 15, 2024 5:47 am

Dude was 36.6/26.7/67.6, on a bad team, and he's 6'1. There's nobody else in the modern era who would even have a picture taken of them with that ability. Shout out to Thanasis.
LaLover11
Sixth Man

Post#185 » by LaLover11 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:48 am

docholliday99 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

College is trash and doesn't teach you anything for the modern NBA playstyle.

Bronny is built for the NBA and is physically strong enough to play vs the jordan Poole's out there.

He simply will come off the bench for the Lakers and get about 5-10 mins a game until he gets used to the environment. He will be a great player after year 2
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,141

Post#186 » by KillMonger » Wed May 15, 2024 6:40 am

LaLover11 wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:When will haters realize this has been the plan all along.

College is trash and doesn't teach you anything for the modern NBA playstyle.

Bronny is built for the NBA and is physically strong enough to play vs the jordan Poole's out there.

He simply will come off the bench for the Lakers and get about 5-10 mins a game until he gets used to the environment. He will be a great player after year 2

you think the nba is that easy huh? someone that was struggling against 2nd unit college players at one point when he was coming off the bench, is all of a sudden now good enough to get rotation minutes on a playoff team? after looking lost in a combine scrimmage against players that will probably be in the gleague or overseas? i think we all want the kid to succeed but it's ok to say he's not ready just yet....but with time he may be, but right now? anything in his film really tells you he's ready for this level?
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 951

Post#187 » by dk1115 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:22 am

I'm guessing Bronny's already got a guarantee from someone.
styLesdavis
Rookie
And1: 656

Post#188 » by styLesdavis » Wed May 15, 2024 7:40 am

Do we really have a 10-page-thread because of Bronny going 19/25 in a spot-up shooting drill? Really?
I`m 41, solid athlete. Give me 10 tries and i`ll have 19/25 at some point.

I really can`t believe the amount point blank stupid threads these last days. Jokic is "heavily overrated" (based on 1 game), "Bronny dominates" (while shooting alone at a basket)...
LaLover11
Sixth Man

Post#189 » by LaLover11 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:48 am

styLesdavis wrote:Do we really have a 10-page-thread because of Bronny going 19/25 in a spot-up shooting drill? Really?

I really can`t believe the amount point blank stupid threads these last days. Jokic is "heavily overrated" (based on 1 game), "Bronny dominates" (while shooting alone at a basket)...

You would never do 19/25 in your life bro
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,746

Post#190 » by Michael Jackson » Wed May 15, 2024 11:53 am

SweaterBae wrote:Dude was 36.6/26.7/67.6, on a bad team, and he's 6'1. There's nobody else in the modern era who would even have a picture taken of them with that ability. Shout out to Thanasis.

Thanasis was drafted the year after Giannis and it wasn’t nepotism it was well Giannis (whom at that point was still just potential really) has a high ceiling maybe this guy does too. He was a legit second round taking a flyer. Now his continued presence on the Bucks is nepotism.

Bronny has a very very strange situation where he should do one more year in school for sure.
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,874

Post#191 » by ThatClockWork » Wed May 15, 2024 12:07 pm

styLesdavis wrote:Do we really have a 10-page-thread because of Bronny going 19/25 in a spot-up shooting drill? Really?

This level of armchair analysis deserves a sticky lol.

LaLover11 wrote:

You would never do 19/25 in your life bro

Say it louder fam lol
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,811

Post#192 » by Ayt » Wed May 15, 2024 12:21 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Look at the media coverage, this guy getting to a team for the media boost alone

People are going to lineup to watch him sit on the bench?
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#193 » by DrCoach » Wed May 15, 2024 12:25 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:Donovan Mitchell?

I've heard it all now.

Anyways, good luck to him. I wish him well.

Donavan mitchells feshman stats 7pts 1.7asts, 25% 3pt

And thats with no cardiac arrest
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,787

Post#194 » by brackdan70 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:26 pm

You might get some calls as an undrafted free agent.
Sign here
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#195 » by DrCoach » Wed May 15, 2024 12:27 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
DrCoach wrote:His floor is Miles McBride

His ceiling is Donovan mitchell

What did Miles McBride ever do to you?

Mikes freshman stats
9 pts 1.8 asts 30% 3pt

With no cardiac arrest
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,723

Post#196 » by shi-woo » Wed May 15, 2024 12:31 pm

docholliday99 wrote:
shi-woo wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
Lots of hype and he did have skills but he had that ego; not sure how he was drafted so high (other than suggestions that Doc was pushing behind the scenes), as he was wildly inefficient, played out of control, couldn't play-make well and couldn't play a lick of defense. In the NBA, if it wasn't for Doc signing him in LA, he would have washed out quicker than he did. Instead he just bounced to 5 other teams in 5 years before washing out - 7 if you count the Suns and OKC waiving him.

Bronny may have skills, I don't know if it's NBA skills, we'll see.

Not really how I remember it. Doc def. played a part in him sticking around, but Austin wws a legit NBA player with legit NBA skills. He has one of the sickest first steps in the country, and it was hard for even elite athletes to stay in front. His handle was nice, and he was an okay shooter projected to be a good shooter. He was cocky as hell, but that's always been viewed as positive in sports, like when he hit that big shot against North Carolina. People love dudes who aren't scared of that moment. Honestly, I thought he was going to have a Chucky Atkins/Mike James type of career.

Rivers just never developed any other offensive skills, and was always going to be a poor defender.

Bronny so far, ha shown absolutely none of those things. We keep hearing about that vert, which is really telling in a game that is predicated on skill more than anything

It's actually insulting to Rivers to compare Bronny to him, they are worlds apart as prospects, and that's saying something

'
Rivers was waaay over rated, he was a chucker with little playmaking or defensive skills in HS but you're correct, dude was not shy in the slightest during the big moments. At Duke, nothing really changed and had attitude problems developing - definitely got in his own way.

As for Bronny, why all the hate? He was a legitimate 4 or 5 star recruit (depending on who's reporting) and was ranked as high as 9th out of high school. He has legit defensive skills and can shoot. He's 6'1.5" with a 6'7.25" w/s and a 40.5" vert...so what he had a rough start to his collegiate career and then the cardiac incident but if he had a different name on his jersey, the physical attributes, athleticism and what he's shown in high school, would get him drafted in the mid to late first round (especially in this draft, maybe higher - highest I've seen is 13th).

What's insulting is all the hate, there's just way too much hate on this kid right now, he's done nothing to warrant such vitriol being spewed.

It's warranted though, you're talking about taking a life time opportunity / generational wealth away from a kid who might have actually earned it if he gets draffted.

LeBron literally owns the NBA media, and is the most influential person in basketball. As a player, agent, and business mogul. Any ranking you show me is not going to change my mind, ESPN having Bronny ranked #19 is essentially like saying LeBron thinks his son is the 19th best prospect. Bronny was getting recruitment letters when he was 10 years old from D1 schools, LEBron even made a public statement about it :lol: Not really unbiased thinking, no?

He did not have an incredible career, that's what is bringing all the haters out. This kid averaged 13.8/5.5/2.7 his senior year. He averaged 8.8/3.3/2.8 his Junior year. He averaged 5 points his Freshman year in college.

Which is embarrassing when you consider he's a year older than his actual class. He will be 20 by the time the NBA season actually starts, and as you mentioned has already had a major major health condition.

Nothing about this kid screams NBA.

You keep bringing up his measurable s, like 6'1 with a 40 inch vert in something that gets you drafted. It doesn't, especially when you are projected as a defensive player. Compare him to Stephon Castle, and it starts to look really bad. You don't draft guards based on their athletic ability alone, that is reserved for wings or people with actual size.

What player in the NBA today has that build and skillset? None, the best comp is Avery Bradley, who's measurments were actually better, and he actually showed skills/put up stats in HS and College.

You guys are reaching, hard with this kid

The most important number to know whne it comes to Bronny in terms of draft is his $10+ million Net Worth rating. That's what people are drafting, nothing more and nothing less. People want to be able to sell this kid for $$ and the story, that's it.

I can't believe you actually have people comparing him to Donovan Mitchel in this thread, it's getting absurd
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#197 » by brackdan70 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:31 pm

DrCoach wrote:

I've heard it all now.

You could read a little deeper into the statistics and see the difference…
Or watch both players. And see the difference in potential.
Sign here
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#198 » by DrCoach » Wed May 15, 2024 12:34 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

I've heard it all now.

I have and stand by my post

And nobody was watching mitchell freshman yr saying he was a top 5 SG in th league
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#199 » by brackdan70 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:38 pm

DrCoach wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

And nobody was watching mitchell freshman yr saying he was a top 5 SG in th league

He made a wise choice going back to school.
Bronny should do that.
Sign here
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#200 » by DrCoach » Wed May 15, 2024 12:40 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:You could read a little deeper into the statistics and see the difference…

He made a wise choice going back to school.
Bronny should do that.

His dad isnt lebron

Return to The General Board