NBA on verge of leaving TNT, signing with NBC

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,578

Re: NBA on verge of leaving TNT, signing with NBC 

Post#21 » by vulture » Thu May 9, 2024 4:42 pm

I hope we still get the inside the NBA guys on nbc.
It’s the best show on tv.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,205

Post#22 » by M2J » Thu May 9, 2024 4:43 pm

I also wish NBA replaced ABC with NBC.

I'm sure the inside true will probably join NBC or Prime. I bet prime throws more money at them... And they'll give the inside guys the time that TNT does to actually talk.

TNT had an exclusive window to get this same price of 2.5B. They exited that window, with an expectation (not an agreement) to be able to match. NBA had to negotiate, make promises and structure a deal with a more prominent and poweful partner to get that price tag, just to give that same deal to the company that said you're not going to get it from anyone.....I agree with Silver in this regard. Now if you want this deal you must pay more, and the TNT leadership side looks stupid and will have to answer to their board and shareholder's in that matter.... Whether they lose the NBA all together or must pay 300 million more for a deal they could've had for less. Sure TNT has been a great partner, but it benefits the ownership and the lead itself to be on another broadcast partner like NBC alongside ABC plus Amazon... Perhaps the 3 biggest platforms
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,982

Post#23 » by Quattro » Thu May 9, 2024 4:46 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Why do people care about the stupid NBA song? You would rather have that over Inside the NBA? Dumbest thing I've ever heard

Nostalgia from the days when the league was a lot more interesting/fun to watch
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore
And1: 95

Post#24 » by Anderson Hunt » Thu May 9, 2024 4:46 pm

I'm old enough to have seen NBC, ABC, and CBS's coverage of the NBA.

CBS was the best.
shza
Pro Prospect
And1: 893

Post#25 » by shza » Thu May 9, 2024 4:47 pm

Agree with all the comments about Inside — though it would not surprise me if NBC bought the show or at least the guys.

Hopefully they do NOT bring over Ian Eagle — I have never been as bothered by a commentator’s voice/vowel pronunciation as I am by him.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,165

Post#26 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:47 pm

shtolky wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Why do people care about the stupid NBA song? You would rather have that over Inside the NBA? Dumbest thing I've ever heard

It’s not just the song. NBC’s coverage and presentation of the NBA is probably the best it’s ever been. Sure, that was years ago, but if they can capture 90% of what made the NBA on NBC so special, it’s going to be great. Losing Inside would suck but who knows, maybe NBC can bring them over.

It literally is just the song though (which they still have to buy, and I'm sure they will), and the rest is a complete unknown. The people involved with airing the NBA in the 90's are all long gone. There's nothing they have a better chance to capture from the old NBA on NBC than Amazon does. It could be good coverage or it could be bad ESPN-level coverage. The only thing we know for sure is it will be replacing what is already great NBA coverage.

Could also mean we're losing Harlan, but don't know whether or not his CBS contract precludes him from signing a contract with another broadcast network.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#27 » by blueNorange » Thu May 9, 2024 4:48 pm

lol that's why chuck and shaq were getting their final digs in at new york -- they're out of a job next week :laugh:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,165

Post#28 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:48 pm

shza wrote:Hopefully they do NOT bring over Ian Eagle — I have never been as bothered by a commentator’s voice/vowel pronunciation as I am by him.

Are you nuts, Ian Eagle is one of the absolute best.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#29 » by blueNorange » Thu May 9, 2024 4:51 pm

the only knock on ian eagle is that he's loyal to the crappy nets.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#30 » by Anderson Hunt » Thu May 9, 2024 4:52 pm

The fifth member of the Inside Crew is the production team. Without them, it's not nearly the same show. If Ernie and the gang move, the production team needs to move as well. Otherwise, the show will be markedly different.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,513

Post#31 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 9, 2024 4:53 pm

I'm surprised people actually still like Inside the NBA. The show has gotten too obnoxious.

Bob Costas made NBC great back in the day. So, it probably wouldn't have near the same appeal today for the average fan.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#32 » by Anderson Hunt » Thu May 9, 2024 5:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

I'm surprised people actually still like Inside the NBA. The show got too obnoxious & I stopped watching it years ago.

Bob Costas made NBC great back in the day. So, it probably wouldn't have near the same appeal today for the average fan.

I agree with you about Costas, but what show do you like if you find "Inside" so obnoxious?
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#33 » by Anderson Hunt » Thu May 9, 2024 5:02 pm

Feels like "This Week in Baseball" or "The George Michael Sports Machine" ending.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#34 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 9, 2024 5:02 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I'm surprised people actually still like Inside the NBA. The show got too obnoxious & I stopped watching it years ago.

I agree with you about Costas, but what show do you like if you find "Inside" so obnoxious?

I'm just not a fan. I don't care for ESPN's coverage either fwiw. I try to avoid pre/post game shows in general.
WentzerWuver
Bench Warmer
And1: 389

Post#35 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 9, 2024 5:05 pm

shtolky wrote:

It’s not just the song. NBC’s coverage and presentation of the NBA is probably the best it’s ever been. Sure, that was years ago, but if they can capture 90% of what made the NBA on NBC so special, it’s going to be great. Losing Inside would suck but who knows, maybe NBC can bring them over.
Not only the best opening song which still worth its weight on gold pressed bullion but they always show the entire lineup intro which is part of the excitement!

https://youtube.com/shorts/dI9nou9HyVU?si=fqFTptLdOQBHeDOT

https://youtu.be/bdmBQOozmlM?si=BL04Banjyt4iaxZQ

NBA on NBC rulez!
Anderson Hunt
Sophomore

Post#36 » by Anderson Hunt » Thu May 9, 2024 5:08 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I'm surprised people actually still like Inside the NBA. The show got too obnoxious & I stopped watching it years ago.

I'm just not a fan. I don't care for ESPN's coverage either fwiw. I try to avoid pre/post game shows in general.

Right. I just think if you find it obnoxious now, you probably always found it obnoxious. It hasn't changed much at all, in my opinion.

It's also head and shoulders the best NBA program on television, but, admittedly, considering the competition, that's like calling the show the tallest midget.
WentzerWuver
Bench Warmer
And1: 389

Post#37 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 9, 2024 5:09 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Anderson Hunt wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I'm surprised people actually still like Inside the NBA. The show got too obnoxious & I stopped watching it years ago.

Then go back to your Cowboys board and stay there Lol
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,248

Post#38 » by BBALLER4FR » Thu May 9, 2024 5:10 pm

Eff TNT! Any broadcast that brings in a biased ex-player to egg on one a crowd, a fanbase and its players, is more suited for WWE than NBA. When NBC had the NBA, it was professional and entertaining. TNT lacks the professionalism and veers more towards childishness. Screw TNT, screw ESPN and screw Reggie "Legend in his own mind" Miller. I'm glad yesterday was looked more like the Willis Reed moment than the Reggie "Choke" memory. Good riddance!
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#39 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 9, 2024 5:12 pm

Anderson Hunt wrote:Right. I just think if you find it obnoxious now, you probably always found it obnoxious. It hasn't changed much at all, in my opinion.

It's also head and shoulders the best NBA program on television, but, admittedly, considering the competition, that's like calling the show the tallest midget.

Yeah, that's not a very high bar. Sometimes change can be a good thing.
Doranku
Analyst
And1: 6,288

Post#40 » by Doranku » Thu May 9, 2024 5:12 pm

This. Just open YouTube and play the **** song during the intros if y'all miss the song so much.

Return to The General Board