Aaron Gordon, Jamal Murray and MPJ could all win an FMVP above Jokic

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 11,006

Re: Aaron Gordon, Jamal Murray and MPJ could all win an FMVP above Jokic 

Post#21 » by Swish1906 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:36 pm

TwitterFingers wrote:The amount of mental gymnastics used to try and discredit jokic is off the charts

The same happened with Dirk….dont ask me why *cough*
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 11,017

Post#22 » by Ice Trae » Wed May 15, 2024 10:37 pm

JoeLLLLL stans in shambles
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,347

Post#23 » by ShootersShoot » Wed May 15, 2024 10:42 pm

I mean, sure its always a possibility that anyone on the title winning team could be fmvp. Has any of gordon, MPJ, or murray played at a level more valuable than jokic so far this playoffs? If not, why even bring it up?

MPJ is averaging 12ppg on 55% TS in the second round so far.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,852

Post#24 » by RB34 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:44 pm

I’ll bite.

It’s plausible they could give it to Murray if he went supernova across the series like he did in game 3 of last years finals. Joker would have to have a steep decline in his level of play.

But after last night, I don’t even think that is possible. Everyone knows the Nuggets are Jokers team and he is the engine and everything else.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,515

If Joe L Embiid swapped teams with Jokic career wise he would still have 0 cfs while Jokic would have 2+ rings 

Post#25 » by Woodsanity » Wed May 15, 2024 10:47 pm

2019: Lose in first round to Spurs with Embiid.
2020: Lose in first round to Jazz.
2021: Lose in first round to Blazers.
2022: Swept by Warriors
2023: Lose to Suns might even lose to T-Wolves but I will be generous.
2024: Swept by T-Wolves

2018: Lose to Celtics in 7.
2019: Win a ring.
2020: Win at least one or two games against Celtics rather than get swept.
2021: Conference finals or higher easily
2022: Potential ring
2023: Potential ring
2024: Potential ring

Joe L might not even make a 2nd round. The Western conference is tougher.

Brunson>Joe L btw.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,154

Post#26 » by life_saver » Wed May 15, 2024 10:47 pm

MPJ is averaging 12ppg in this series and Murray is averaging 16ppg at putrid efficiency...Jokic is the reason these guys are even in playoffs. Without Jokic, they are not even in a playin team in West.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by ShootersShoot » Wed May 15, 2024 10:49 pm

RB34 wrote:I’ll bite.

It’s plausible they could give it to Murray if he went supernova across the series like he did in game 3 of last years finals. Joker would have to have a steep decline in his level of play.

But after last night, I don’t even think that is possible. Everyone knows the Nuggets are Jokers team and he is the engine and everything else.

Even if Murray does win fmvp, it really doesnt take away from Jokic at all. Mainly because if the nugs win, I'm sure Jokic will have great stats even if its not enough to win fmvp. Now, if jokic struggles and has to be carried by the rest of the team..then sure people will talk, but until that happens, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
BigGargamel
Analyst
And1: 6,697

Post#28 » by BigGargamel » Wed May 15, 2024 10:51 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:Where can I sign on Aaron Gordon, Jamal Murray or MPJ winning an FMVP above Jokic.
This only means Denver wins it all

Heck yeah. OP acts like this is a dig on Jokic and/or Denver fans. If the other guys happen to play better than Jokic last night? Guaranteed championship. :lol:
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Post#29 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 15, 2024 10:55 pm

See I don't run when I make a prediction that's wrong I was saying I thought the Nuggets had an easy path last year in the playoffs and they didn't have a real challenge and then they got the Lakers again in the first round I still wasn't impressed, then they went down 0-2 to Wolves and I felt like it had backed up everything I thought. Now everything has changed I admit I was wrong I think they're going to the win this series beat either OKC or Dallas in the WCF to go to the Finals and they'll probably win that too although I give Boston a shot.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,852

Post#30 » by RB34 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:58 pm

ShootersShoot wrote:

Even if Murray does win fmvp, it really doesnt take away from Jokic at all. Mainly because if the nugs win, I'm sure Jokic will have great stats even if its not enough to win fmvp. Now, if jokic struggles and has to be carried by the rest of the team..then sure people will talk, but until that happens, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I can’t see him struggling against the teams that are left. Unless he gets injured to some degree. He’s fired up now by the looks.

OP is this you?

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=fZMiJXVZ8uunE_S3J4PM9g[/x]
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,749

Post#31 » by TheGOATRises007 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:59 pm

Shameless trolling from the OP.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by ShootersShoot » Wed May 15, 2024 10:59 pm

BigGargamel wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:Where can I sign on Aaron Gordon, Jamal Murray or MPJ winning an FMVP above Jokic.
This only means Denver wins it all

Heck yeah. OP acts like this is a dig on Jokic and/or Denver fans. If the other guys happen to play better than Jokic last night? Guaranteed championship. :lol:

Its kind of like when Iguodala won fmvp in 2015. People tried to use it as a slight against Steph, even though it keeps getting reiterated to them that Steph led the team in scoring and assists, while averaging basically the same TS% as Iguodala. Same for KD's fmvps. People make it out like Steph wasnt still performing at a high level in those series.

If denver wins the finals and jokic is averaging like 16ppg then maybe people like OP would have a point..
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#33 » by zero rings » Wed May 15, 2024 11:00 pm

LOL

You Embiid stans must be a bunch of masochists or something. Any normal person would call it quits after suffering so many humiliations
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,751

Post#34 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:00 pm

RB34 wrote:
ShootersShoot wrote:

I can’t see him struggling against the teams that are left. Unless he gets injured to some degree. He’s fired up now by the looks.

OP is this you?

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=fZMiJXVZ8uunE_S3J4PM9g[/x]

Is that eyeatoma? :lol:
WentzerWuver
Bench Warmer
And1: 484

Post#35 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 15, 2024 11:02 pm

Godymas wrote:I think this is 100% possible. There were talks last year that Murray should have been FMVP based on the first 3 games alone of the series.

This playoffs, Gordon has been exceptional for Denver. He basically played a perfect game of basketball to completely dismantle Minnesota on Sunday. Gordon has been huge on both ends of the floor for Denver and he's having his best run of games by far. There is a world where Gordon ends up being a two way stud for Denver in the finals and gets the FMVP.

Then there's the unsung hero of Denver this playoffs. MPJ who's quietly dropping 17 ppg on 60%TS comfortably shooting 45% from 3 on 7 3PA. MPJ is the kind of guy that could singlehandedly get hot for a series and swing the entire game.

I mean Denver really struck gold with their 3 guys to surround Jokic with, they really enable Jokic to win.
Because Joker is not HIM that you guys claimed? Lol
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,128

Re: If Joe L Embiid swapped teams with Jokic career wise he would still have 0 cfs while Jokic would have 2+ rings 

Post#36 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 15, 2024 11:10 pm

You're not considering the injuries in 2023 Wolves were without both Jaden McDaniels and Naz Reid the entire series, Paul also went down when they were against the Suns. This was a benefit to Joker Not taking anything away from Joker though but I think Embiid could have still won those series. I'm not sure about Lakers in the WCF.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,540

Post#37 » by brutalitops » Wed May 15, 2024 11:12 pm

We've lost the impact of shame in our society.
Rapsin6
Pro Prospect
And1: 933

Post#38 » by Rapsin6 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:27 pm

Woodsanity wrote:
Godymas wrote:I think this is 100% possible. There were talks last year that Murray should have been FMVP based on the first 3 games alone of the series.

This playoffs, Gordon has been exceptional for Denver. He basically played a perfect game of basketball to completely dismantle Minnesota on Sunday. Gordon has been huge on both ends of the floor for Denver and he's having his best run of games by far. There is a world where Gordon ends up being a two way stud for Denver in the finals and gets the FMVP.

Then there's the unsung hero of Denver this playoffs. MPJ who's quietly dropping 17 ppg on 60%TS comfortably shooting 45% from 3 on 7 3PA. MPJ is the kind of guy that could singlehandedly get hot for a series and swing the entire game.

I mean Denver really struck gold with their 3 guys to surround Jokic with, they really enable Jokic to win.

100% chance Joe L Embiid and Tobias Harris retire with the same amount of FMVPs thats for sure.

Jokic with Joe L's team would have 2-3 rings already.

You need to add the date to your sig. The fact that was written after Embiid **** the bed in a first round exit makes it extra funny.
"Ball"
art_tatum
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,235

Post#39 » by art_tatum » Wed May 15, 2024 11:29 pm

No one wants to see a iggy over curry situation again. Even if murray might score more than joker we all know who's the engine that's driving the team
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,564

Post#40 » by Bank Shot » Wed May 15, 2024 11:47 pm

Embiid guys should really just lay low until he outplays Jokic in a random January game (in Philadelphia, of course).

Return to The General Board