What do you think about Andris Biedrins?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Cracked Fingers
Senior
And1: 3

Post#21 » by Cracked Fingers » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:33 am

Reminds me of Tyson Chandler.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,995

Post#22 » by tsherkin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:41 am

A little less hate for Randolph, yes? Very complete post game, very good rebounder, solid jumper out to 20 feet. Not a great athlete and undersized, doesn't draw fouls well and is a mediocre defender but let's not forget what he DOES bring, OK?

Biedrins is a fine athlete, a very good rebounder and a good transition big. He moves pretty well without the ball and attacks the offensive glass well. He has no offensive game to speak of and hasn't significantly progressed in that regard since I've seen him, nor do I expect a big leap from him anytime soon.

He is a starting caliber 5, however, and a good shot-blocker. He is not to be mentioned in the same breath as Camby, who is a considerably better shot-blocker, passer and rebounder but Biedrins is a fine player and was an excellent choice where he was drafted (11th).

I don't think he's an All-Star prospect though; he's never going to be ASKED to develop as a scorer under Nelson and I don't think he's going to even if he gets traded but he's a very valuable player to have on your team because he's low-maintenance on offense and brings a lot to the rest of the game. I certainly wouldn't mind him as Toronto's starting 5, that's for sure.
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#23 » by yehyeh82 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:45 am

celticfan42487 wrote:A more rebound focused Tony Battie

WTF? You do realize than Battie has never come close in any year to gettting as many ppg, rpg and bpg as Biedrins did last year at the age of 20?

I could see him turning into a Chandler type player when he hits about 25 yo.
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#24 » by yunggunz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:45 am

Never mind this "15 foot jumper" talk. First he needs to add a 5 foot jumper. Dude gets ALL his points on dunks and layups.

He is young, but I was expecting a lot more of him this year....he hasnt really improved any part of his game from last year.

I see him as Tyson Chandler but not as good a rebounder, with softer hands that allow him to be a bit more effective offensively.
yehyeh82
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#25 » by yehyeh82 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am

Biedrins a lot of points on putbacks and dunks, but he also gets a lot of his points (I would say more than dunks and lay-ins) on the lefty baby hook. He has incredible touch on that shot and makes it out to five feet routinely. Its beyond the range of the baby hook that he gets in trouble (actually, he never tries beyond five feet so I guess he doesn't get in trouble).
Bill Walton after comparing a Lebron dunk to Angel Falls wrote: Now that is a big waterfall and that was a big throwdown
frsh90
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#26 » by frsh90 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:53 am

yunggunz wrote:Never mind this "15 foot jumper" talk. First he needs to add a 5 foot jumper. Dude gets ALL his points on dunks and layups.

He is young, but I was expecting a lot more of him this year....he hasnt really improved any part of his game from last year.

I see him as Tyson Chandler but not as good a rebounder, with softer hands that allow him to be a bit more effective offensively.

He has improved, but when are we supposed to get him the ball on offense with Jax, Baron, Monta, Al, and Barnes chucking up shots?
Randolph
&Curry.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#27 » by a-rod » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:59 am

i like him, but In my opinion the coach is not utilizing his talent well enough.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#28 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:20 am

^^Nellie isn't utilizing Patrick O'Bryant and Brandan Wright enough either. :(

But yeah, I think Biedrins will be great in the future. Right now, he's showing how quickly he can get shots up against the defense, it's just that he's not utilized as a top 3 option on the team. Once he gets more experience, he'll develop into a very good center. He's still very young, younger than most rookies in the league even though he's been in the NBA for 4 years. This guy will be crazy 2 years from now when he's 23 years old.
Ca
Pro Prospect
And1: 169

Post#29 » by Ca » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:28 am

I'm not sure how to copy it here but look at his hotspots on nba.com he's taken 9 shots outside of the paint all year.
he's only hit 2 of them
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#30 » by halfHAVOC » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:33 am

he wont be anything special but he brings entangibles, hustle, rebounding, shotblocking and will run the floor and try hard on d.

hes nothing special on offense, but he can throw the ball down and tear the rim up.

he will be a great role player on a championship team =)
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#31 » by bringinhinkie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:43 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:not hard to rebound against Curry and Randolph

were you dropped on your head as a young child?

zbo
03-04: 10.5rpg
04-05: 9.6rpg
05-06: 8 rpg
06-07: 10.1rpg
07-08: 10.3 rpg

he has a 22rebound game this year, a 19, and 6 with 15 or more.. as MP mentioned, dude has no athleticism and gets these purely on instinct and hustle

:pityfool:

oh and for biedrins.. dude gives 110% -- most players in the nba give like 80%(its true), eddy curry happens to give roughly 40% (33 on offense, 0 on defense, 0 on rebounding, 7% whining b/c hes delusional)
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,084

Post#32 » by dockingsched » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:30 am

with yao/amare/oden/bynum/kaman/jefferson(if he stays at center), i don't think he'll be considered for the all star game any time soon.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#33 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:38 am

dcash4 wrote:with yao/amare/oden/bynum/kaman/jefferson(if he stays at center), i don't think he'll be considered for the all star game any time soon.

yeah, because Biedrins at only 21 years of age right now, will be playing the same way for the rest of his career and will never improve one bit. cool.
CupcakeNoFillin
Banned User

Post#34 » by CupcakeNoFillin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:40 am

and you forgot to mention Tyson Chandler fool. If you're gonna spend time finding ways to say something seemingly bad about anything Warriors related, you might as well make sure it's all bad for us.
bigkevatoz
Junior

Post#35 » by bigkevatoz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:59 am

dcash4 got served.

he's solid but needs some offensive options.
dont blame nellie for not utilising him more on offensive cos
he wont get it done lol.
Spud Webb: Version 2.0

litex wrote:If I was Nate Robinson I would worry about being eaten by Curry, Randolph and Jerome James.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,084

Post#36 » by dockingsched » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:03 am

CupcakeNoFillin wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yeah, because Biedrins at only 21 years of age right now, will be playing the same way for the rest of his career and will never improve one bit. cool.

is there something unreasonable about my post? one of the questions asked was about making an all-star game in the coming years. yao is going to be the starter for a what? 7-8 more yrs. amare is a perennial all-star and he's only 25 years old. andrew bynum is ahead of andris on the all-star ladder and he's younger. greg oden is surely going to have something to say about making the all-star game. al jefferson is playing center right now has he's very young too putting up monster numbers.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#37 » by TMACFORMVP » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:08 am

Nelson really under-utilizes what he can do IMO. He's much better than his stats tell which says he's a double double player in the up and down inconsistent minutes he gets.

Nonetheless he's a good defender, and a terrific rebounder. He can finish around the basket and has a good hook shot. I don't expect him to be an all-star player just because I feel there are others more deserving, but he should be a guy that gives you 16/11 with near 2 blocks a game which is pretty damn good.
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by crzy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:11 am

Some Warrior fans believe that Nellie has intentionally reduced his minutes this year, in order to lower his market value, since he is a restricted free agent.

Plus, Don Nelson isn't exactly a connoisseur of big men.

Andris Biedrins has plenty of untapped potential. I personally, can't wait to see what type of player he will be at age 25. It's too early to claim whether or not he will be an All-Star in the future though.
Bulls_Dynasty6
Veteran
And1: 58

Post#39 » by Bulls_Dynasty6 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:16 am

He's way better than Ben Wallace, that's for sure.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#40 » by Buck You » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:26 am

Bulls_Dynasty6 wrote:He's way better than Ben Wallace, that's for sure.

That's a backhanded compliment.

Return to The General Board