2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins and goes to the WCFs?

Thunder in 4
4%
Thunder in 5
9%
Thunder in 6
21%
Thunder in 7
12%
Mavericks in 4
1%
Mavericks in 5
4%
Mavericks in 6
39%
Mavericks in 7
10%

Total votes: 326

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,681

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#2001 » by Bob8 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:18 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
mademan wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:If I'm OKC I'm not that worried. I'd defend Dallas exactly the same and dare PJ and THJ to do that again.

I understand giving up above the break 3's, but giving up wide open corner 3's all game long just doesnt seem right. Even against shaky shooters like PJ

Yeah you are right. PJ,Green, and Jones were getting too many open corner looks. The THJ stuff though should be encouraged by OKC.

Should be? It's a series, it doesn't matter if he's disastrous in few games, he can be substituted after all, couple good games from him should be enough. He's still much better shooter than other role players. Leaving DJJ open is far the best solution for OKC.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,801

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#2002 » by Upperclass » Fri May 10, 2024 4:17 pm

OKC is in some trouble.. They dont have a reliable 2nd scorer next to Shai and Luka and Ky can figure out their smallish defense.. Dallas needs less from their role players than OKC does from theirs.. Dallas wins the series.. Denver also wins their series for similar reasons.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,679

Post#2003 » by GeorgeSears » Fri May 10, 2024 4:47 pm

Lu Dort should be fined for flopping multiple times. That was disgraceful to watch.
bbms
Analyst
And1: 594

Post#2004 » by bbms » Fri May 10, 2024 4:52 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:If I'm OKC I'm not that worried. I'd defend Dallas exactly the same and dare PJ and THJ to do that again.

agree

but this is the first time they have to bounce back and if they don't they come back home down 3-1

will be interesting to see

i was pissed in that 4th, i imagine they would be even more pissed
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,143

Post#2005 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 10, 2024 5:12 pm

GeorgeSears wrote:Lu Dort should be fined for flopping multiple times. That was disgraceful to watch.

No he shouldn't.

I feel the same way about guys trying to sell offensive fouls as I do guys who are good at drawing cheap defensive fouls. Until the Association and its refs decide to officiate games differently they should be doing what is required to help their team. If flying back like you are a short Chet Holmgren and not the tank Lu Dort is is the only way to get a call, then do it. Derrick Jones needs to be doing that against SGA. SGA is pushing off on nearly every drive but Jones is trying to just play through. Then he gets called for a foul. That's honorable basketball, but that's not what is rewarded.

Never understand why some of you blame the players when this is so obviously a league issue. If there weren't rewards for throwing your head back and flopping guys would stop doing it. Simple as that.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,905

Post#2006 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 6:33 pm

Tim Hardaway Sr. running his mouth about Luka yet again, right in the middle of a playoff series.

Read on Twitter
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#2007 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 6:41 pm

Someone posted this on a Mavs forum. (not realgm)

Fans were screaming all night in OKC and both Luka and Kyrie complained to security to address it. Our guys didn't get anyone kicked out, but security did tell them to chill out. It's the reason both Luka and Kyrie taunted the fans upon leaving (Luka did the arms and Kyrie did a sarcastic wave)

Luka said fans were calling his wife and children names.

Kyrie didn't say the nature of the taunts, but responded with "all races are god's children"

Some clips I saw had fans calling Luka's wife a "b--ch" and "dog face" and I heard the N-word more than once in clips from courtside.

Classless OKC fans.
Texas Chuck

Post#2008 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 10, 2024 7:02 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:Classless OKC fans.

And by this you of course mean a very isolated one or two people, not the fanbase as a whole who certainly shouldn't be painted with a similar brush.

They aren't supposed to like the opposition. But almost none of them are crossing even the smallest of lines.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck

Post#2009 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 10, 2024 7:03 pm

and nobody on the Mavs and certainly not Luka, hold Timmy accountable for his dad. Luka sees it for what it is.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#2010 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 7:07 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

And by this you of course mean a very isolated one or two people, not the fanbase as a whole who certainly shouldn't be painted with a similar brush.

They aren't supposed to like the opposition. But almost none of them are crossing even the smallest of lines.

I cut/copied what they said I didn't say it they did but I don't think it applies all OKC fans, but did you even read it? They were being racist and bad mouthing Luka's child. What do you mean not crossing the line? What does cross the line then? Are you joking?

As someone pointed out people think you're modding this forum because of the way you post. It's like you have to be the smarter person that tells others in every one of your posts how they're wrong. It's really annoying.
Texas Chuck

Post#2011 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 10, 2024 7:10 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

I cut/copied what they said I didn't say it they did but I don't think it applies all OKC fans, but did you even read it? They were being racist and bad mouthing Luka's child. What do you mean not crossing the line? What does cross the line then?

I mean you cited one incident but then closed your post with classless OKC fans. I know you meant those specific fans, but your wording was unclear so before Thunder fans came for you I wanted to help clarify.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#2012 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 7:11 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:and nobody on the Mavs and certainly not Luka, hold Timmy accountable for his dad. Luka sees it for what it is.

Oh good now you think for Luka and the Mavs organization. You do it all. :roll:
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#2013 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 7:12 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

I cut/copied what they said I didn't say it they did but I don't think it applies all OKC fans, but did you even read it? They were being racist and bad mouthing Luka's child. What do you mean not crossing the line? What does cross the line then?

I mean you cited one incident but then closed your post with classless OKC fans. I know you meant those specific fans, but your wording was unclear so before Thunder fans came for you I wanted to help clarify.

Stop saying me, I posted what the person said. I should have used quotes, but I'm not sure why telling you I cut/copied it doesn't ring a bell. They said classless fans not me.
Texas Chuck

Post#2014 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 10, 2024 7:15 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:and nobody on the Mavs and certainly not Luka, hold Timmy accountable for his dad. Luka sees it for what it is.

I need to take a break from the General Board for a while. It's wild how much weight too many of you put on my posts. I'm flattered that I'm seen this way, but I'm really not a big deal. Just a dude chatting basketball. I'm never claiming to speak for everyone. Just me. You guys can relax. :D

I shouldn't have to say this is like just my opinion, man. But that goes without saying. It's my opinion. My opinion is Luka and the Mavs know that Tim and his dad are different people and that Tim doesn't ask or need his dad to speak for him.

If you want to choose the more drama filled interpretation, do you man.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#2015 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 7:16 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

I need to take a break from the General Board for a while. It's wild how much weight too many of you put on my posts. I'm never claiming to speak for everyone. Just me.

I shouldn't have to say this is like just my opinion, man. But that goes without saying. It's my opinion. My opinion is Luka and the Mavs know that Tim and his dad are different people and that Tim doesn't ask or need his dad to speak for him.

If you want to choose the more drama filled interpretation, do you man.

I don't think you see how condescending you come across to people taking the opposite stance in what people have to say almost all the time. Maybe you should take a break.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#2016 » by Mr B » Fri May 10, 2024 7:36 pm

GeorgeSears wrote:Lu Dort should be fined for flopping multiple times. That was disgraceful to watch.

Also is it just me or does it seem as if the OKC players are purposely trying to injure Luka?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2017 » by Mr B » Fri May 10, 2024 7:39 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:Someone posted this on a Mavs forum. (not realgm)

Fans were screaming all night in OKC and both Luka and Kyrie complained to security to address it. Our guys didn't get anyone kicked out, but security did tell them to chill out. It's the reason both Luka and Kyrie taunted the fans upon leaving (Luka did the arms and Kyrie did a sarcastic wave)

Luka said fans were calling his wife and children names.

Kyrie didn't say the nature of the taunts, but responded with "all races are god's children"

Some clips I saw had fans calling Luka's wife a "b--ch" and "dog face" and I heard the N-word more than once in clips from courtside.

Classless OKC fans.

And they’re too dumb to realize that they’re only firing up Luka and Kyrie.

Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,037

Post#2018 » by Apz » Fri May 10, 2024 7:46 pm

Mr B wrote:

Also is it just me or does it seem as if the OKC players are purposely trying to injure Luka?

Doubt it. Think its more accidents by overenthusiastic young guys getting in bad situations. Just unluck is my guess
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2019 » by Mr B » Fri May 10, 2024 7:48 pm

Big nick wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Big nick wrote:So if Lukas right knee is hurt why are there blood on his left knee something smells fishy.

He’s bleeding because his knee is banged up and he has a knee sprain. It’s not rocket science.

But it supposed to me his rt knee.

His right knee is sprained but both knees are banged up. He’s had a wound on his left knee (he got in the Clippers series) that keeps opening up whenever someone trips him and he falls. I would imagine that his left knee is pretty bruised too. In addition to the right knee being sprained.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,851

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks 

Post#2020 » by Clav » Fri May 10, 2024 7:59 pm

Petergrifindor wrote:
PD: the Thor joke was in good fun :wink:

Of course :D I appreciated it. cheers!
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:

Return to The General Board