Shaq being disrespectful

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

VicG
Head Coach
And1: 2,201

Re: Shaq being disrespectful 

Post#221 » by VicG » Sat May 11, 2024 3:37 am

Rust_Cohle wrote:Shaq is by far the worst thing to happen to TNT. Not sure why people buy his crap so much. Too many cooks in the kitchen when Shaq joined.

Hopefully he’s gone when TNT loses the rights
DoctorX
Veteran
And1: 3,549

Post#222 » by DoctorX » Sat May 11, 2024 5:40 am

Optms wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
Optms wrote:I didn't see anything wrong with what Shaq said.

I actually commend him for saying it to Jokics face. You Jokic fans need to stop being so sensitive. Shaq has obviously had Shai as his MVP and didnt want Jokic to hear it from others without him telling him first. Fun fact. Not everyone kisses the ground Jokic walks on. Both guys handled it well.

This isn’t about Jokic. It’s about the award and presentation. You don’t act like that when you’re presenting it to anyone.

No, it's entirely about Jokic. Because Shaq has a relationship with him. This same scenario would not happen with any other player.

He wasn't being petty or childish here. People are just mad Shaq stated his opinion. Personally Luka was my MVP, but that's neither here nor there.

I doubt they are actually friends or have even hung out together in real life off the court, so your point comes across as stupid. Shaq didn't need to bring it up just to make sure Jokic hears it from himself face to face. Jokic would have been fine without being told to his face even if he heard it from others that Shaq said he didn't deserve the MVP. Shaq should have kept it to himself. You don't disrespect people when they are given awards unless you view them as an enemy. You don't even do that to a friend. I can't imagine a real friend saying, "Hey man I don't believe you deserved this award and blah blah should have gotten it over you." That just sounds idiotic.
DoctorX
Veteran

Post#223 » by DoctorX » Sat May 11, 2024 5:44 am

Never liked Shaq. I would say there was no player I hated more than him when he was playing and afterwards. I always viewed the beefs that he started with the Spurs with Robinson and Duncan as childish.

His humor is for kids and for adults who are stupid.
Ol Roy
Sophomore
And1: 148

Post#224 » by Ol Roy » Sat May 11, 2024 5:45 am

I don't think Shaq is this emotional because he loves SGA.

He is upset that Jokic has two more MVPs than he does.
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,287

Post#225 » by Sweet Serenity » Sat May 11, 2024 6:31 am

Ol Roy wrote:I don't think Shaq is this emotional because he loves SGA.

He is upset that Jokic has two more MVPs than he does.

He knows their’s a chance Jokic overtakes him all time
Sakkreth
Starter
And1: 3,410

Post#226 » by Sakkreth » Sat May 11, 2024 8:26 am

Shaq pushes whatever narrative makes him look better. He's threatened Jokic might be consider better than him so he doesn't like him anymore.
Ssj16
Junior
And1: 587

Post#227 » by Ssj16 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:18 am

As a Jokic/Denver fan, I'm actually happy that Shaq said what he said. With the say Jokic played in game 2, I don't mind him having an extra fire lit under his ass.

And I truly believe, regardless of Jokic's nonchalant demeanor, this guy is a true competitor and he wouldn't just let Shaq disrespect him like that without showing him what's up.

We will see how he performs in the rest of the series though.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,151

Post#228 » by BMatt07 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:17 pm

TheFire wrote:
Optms wrote:I didn't see anything wrong with what Shaq said.

I actually commend him for saying it to Jokics face. You Jokic fans need to stop being so sensitive. Shaq has obviously had Shai as his MVP and didnt want Jokic to hear it from others without him telling him first. Fun fact. Not everyone kisses the ground Jokic walks on. Both guys handled it well.

Cmon man.

It doesn't take a lot of emotional intelligence to know that what Shaq did was completely out of line.

Common sense is not common...
KGDirkTD_Fan
Senior
And1: 603

Post#229 » by KGDirkTD_Fan » Sat May 11, 2024 6:44 pm

I don't know what's with this guy sometimes. I remember when he originally joined the TNT crew years ago how awful it was.

I appreciate him speaking his mind but he comes off extremely bitter in many instances. Folks here aren't even sure what MVP year he's supposedly got robbed by. I think people have caught him making **** up more often than not. I hope he doesn't come to NBC.
bluemj32
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,064

Post#230 » by bluemj32 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:48 pm

I can't stand him most times.....loved watching him but he is so insecure at times it's cringe worthy.

Has everything in the world yet he's so petty, and can never take anyone being better than him at something.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Bulliever2020
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,008

Post#231 » by Bulliever2020 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:50 pm

Shaq is the most insecure superstar I have ever seen. Constantly bringing up his own awards and accomplishments and belittling others. He is only useful as a punching bag for Chuck and that's it.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,679

Post#232 » by GeorgeSears » Sat May 11, 2024 7:18 pm

Frank Sinatra: Best revenge is massive success.
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,871

Post#233 » by Deivork » Sat May 11, 2024 7:44 pm

DoctorX wrote:Never liked Shaq. I would say there was no player I hated more than him when he was playing and afterwards. I always viewed the beefs that he started with the Spurs with Robinson and Duncan as childish.

It's good to be stupid sometimes.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,331

Post#234 » by G R E Y » Sat May 11, 2024 8:01 pm

FreeBird23 wrote:You guys are too sensitive.
Shaq didnt do anything wrong. He just said that Jokic is the best in the League, but with the great Thunder's season, he thinks that SGA deserves it.
Jokic and Shaq are buddies, he is just honest.

Btw, a lot of people think that SGA deserves it.
Does it makes them insecure too ?

There's a time and place. Analysis of who Shaq thinks should have won does not belong in the congratulatory section with the guy who did. Hence inappropriate and petty.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,631

Post#235 » by Alatan » Sat May 11, 2024 8:05 pm

Bulliever2020 wrote:Shaq is the most insecure superstar I have ever seen. Constantly bringing up his own awards and accomplishments and belittling others. He is only useful as a punching bag for Chuck and that's it.

Shaq is a 400 lb baby and i love it.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,627

Post#236 » by Myth » Sat May 11, 2024 9:21 pm

G R E Y wrote:
Shaq didnt do anything wrong. He just said that Jokic is the best in the League, but with the great Thunder's season, he thinks that SGA deserves it.

There's a time and place. Analysis of who Shaq thinks should have won does not belong in the congratulatory section with the guy who did. Hence inappropriate and petty.

Exactly. Within seconds of the announcement, Shaq’s first words: “I don’t like to rain on anybody’s parade, but…”
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,998

Post#237 » by AleksandarN » Sat May 11, 2024 9:23 pm

Myth wrote:
G R E Y wrote:

Exactly. Within seconds of the announcement, Shaq’s first words: “I don’t like to rain on anybody’s parade, but…”

It’s like going to a wedding and making a speech to the bride and groom saying that the groom’s last gf was the better choice. Lol
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 949

Post#238 » by dk1115 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:25 pm

I'm 12 pages late, but is this something new?
DoctorX
Veteran

Post#239 » by DoctorX » Sun May 12, 2024 2:13 am

Deivork wrote:
DoctorX wrote:Never liked Shaq. I would say there was no player I hated more than him when he was playing and afterwards. I always viewed the beefs that he started with the Spurs with Robinson and Duncan as childish.

It's good to be stupid sometimes.

Well, you know the old saying ignorance is bliss. In some situations, being ignorant can help you to be successful but most of the time it's a detriment.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,214

Post#240 » by theFireBlanket » Wed May 15, 2024 5:35 am

Thanks Shaq for fueling Nikola's fire.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel

Return to The General Board