2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins and goes to the ECFs?

Celtics in 4
24%
Celtics in 5
47%
Celtics in 6
15%
Celtics in 7
2%
Cavaliers in 4
1%
Cavaliers in 5
2%
Cavaliers in 6
5%
Cavaliers in 7
4%

Total votes: 258

GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,650

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2281 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 14, 2024 5:46 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Fortunately, in the real world, Finals series are won on the basketball court and not the feels court. So get all your yapping in now while you can.

They couldn’t even beat a weak ass Warriors team with the corpse of Klay and Wiggins being a key star :lol:

I don’t know if anyone told you buddy but Jrue Holiday and Kristaps Porzingis weren’t on that team and Derrick White was a bench player.

Weak ass Warriors team as well? LMAO. Some basketball knowledge.
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#2282 » by celtxman » Tue May 14, 2024 6:23 pm

BrooklynDynasty wrote:Tatum is DeRozan with better teammates. Boston fans so happy to cut ties with Kyrie just to bet all their chips on this soft boi, lol

You certainly know something about cutting ties with Kyrie lol. So we'll take our Tatum, 64 wins and still going in the playoffs and you take ahhhh.....ummm......hmmm....well whatever you do in Brooklyn this time of year. It ain't watching the Nets.
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,868

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2283 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:30 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Fortunately, in the real world, Finals series are won on the basketball court and not the feels court. So get all your yapping in now while you can.

They couldn’t even beat a weak ass Warriors team with the corpse of Klay and Wiggins being a key star :lol:

I don’t know if anyone told you buddy but Jrue Holiday and Kristaps Porzingis weren’t on that team and Derrick White was a bench player.

Same Warriors core that didn’t even make the playoffs this year or no? Same main star, same main role players, same coach…

Holiday and KP weren’t on the team but Marcus Smart, Grant Williams, and Timelord were

On paper there was no reason for them to lose that series to the Warriors
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,234

Post#2284 » by KamikazeK » Tue May 14, 2024 6:32 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Same Warriors core that didn’t even make the playoffs this year or no? Same main star, same main role players, same coach…

Holiday and KP weren’t on the team but Marcus Smart, Grant Williams, and Timelord were

You think there was no reason why a team led by a 24-year-old should lose a series to a dynasty that already won 3 rings together? :crazy:

To be honest, it's easy for you to talk when your team won its ring against the choking booker-led Suns.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#2285 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:05 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:I don’t know if anyone told you buddy but Jrue Holiday and Kristaps Porzingis weren’t on that team and Derrick White was a bench player.

You think there was no reason why a team led by a 24-year-old should lose a series to a dynasty that already won 3 rings together? :crazy:

To be honest, it's easy for you to talk when your team won its ring against the choking booker-led Suns.

What reason is there for an MVP caliber player to shoot stinkers 4/6 games in the Finals?

Lmao the Warriors were far from their dynasty peak when they beat Boston. Klay was already cooked at that point. It was Curry, Donkey, and Wiggins that the Cs mainly choked a ring to
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,770

Post#2286 » by CoP » Tue May 14, 2024 7:25 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
CoP wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Cp3, Booker, Ayton, and Bridges a better team than the corpse of Klay, Wiggins, Donkey, and Curry

Who said anything about the Suns

The Bucks had to beat a real team to win a title. The Celtics will most likely have to do the same with whoever emerges from the West, I don't think they have it in them to do it.

Oh I see what you're saying. OK, yeah I guess we'll see. Celtics have to make it there first, and that's no guarantee.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant

Post#2287 » by KamikazeK » Tue May 14, 2024 8:51 pm

CoP wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
CoP wrote:Who said anything about the Suns

The Bucks had to beat a real team to win a title. The Celtics will most likely have to do the same with whoever emerges from the West, I don't think they have it in them to do it.

Oh I see what you're saying. OK, yeah I guess we'll see. Celtics have to make it there first, and that's no guarantee.

Wait, I just realized this person actually said "The Bucks had to beat a real team to win a title."

The Bucks had to beat the Suns led by Booker, who will probably never sniff another finals before they blow it up. "Real team." Yeah right.

The Celtics that year would've swept those Suns. You can't compare the booker-led Suns to a 3-time-champion dynasty.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 39,529

Post#2288 » by PierceFan4ever » Tue May 14, 2024 8:58 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
CoP wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Wait, I just realized this person actually said "The Bucks had to beat a real team to win a title."

The Bucks had to beat the Suns led by Booker, who will probably never sniff another finals before they blow it up. "Real team." Yeah right.

The Celtics that year would've swept those Suns. You can't compare the booker-led Suns to a 3-time-champion dynasty.

The salt from bucks fans, Sixers fans, nets fans, and whoever other fanbase that hates the Celtics has been really enjoyable :lol:
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#2289 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:01 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
CoP wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Instead the Celtics got swept by the Nets with Brown missing. Oh and the Suns came back the season after winning 64 games in the West...
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#2290 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:02 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:
CoP wrote:Oh I see what you're saying. OK, yeah I guess we'll see. Celtics have to make it there first, and that's no guarantee.

The salt from bucks fans, Sixers fans, nets fans, and whoever other fanbase that hates the Celtics has been really enjoyable :lol:

It's equally enjoyable watching the Celtics lose in the Finals again :lol:
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant

Post#2291 » by KamikazeK » Tue May 14, 2024 9:04 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:
CoP wrote:Oh I see what you're saying. OK, yeah I guess we'll see. Celtics have to make it there first, and that's no guarantee.

Instead the Celtics got swept by the Nets with Brown missing. Oh and the Suns came back the season after winning 64 games in the West...

wtf does an injury year with a **** roster matter for this argument? lmao.

2022 Celtics would've swept the team Milwaukee beat in the Finals. Milwaukee that won the ring would've lost to the 2022 Warriors.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,770

Post#2292 » by CoP » Tue May 14, 2024 9:07 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
CoP wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Yeah, I mean if he's comparing the 2021 Suns to the 2022 Warriors, that's kind of funny. I certainly wouldn't call the Suns a real team and the Warriors not, especially when the Warriors had one of the greatest shooters of all-time who went absolutely clutch super saiyan in the Finals. He also called 2021-22 Klay washed up but said nothing of the same for 2020-21 CP3.

If you did a poll on the 2021 Suns vs. 2022 Warriors, who do you think would win? My guess would be probably the 2022 Warriors, though it might be close. If I were comparing those Finals lineups, I'd probably go:

CP3 < Curry
Booker > Thompson
Bridges < Wiggins
Crowder = Porter/Looney
Ayton <= Green
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#2293 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:10 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Wait, I just realized this person actually said "The Bucks had to beat a real team to win a title."

2022 Celtics would've swept the team Milwaukee beat in the Finals. Milwaukee that won the ring would've lost to the 2022 Warriors.

2021-2022 Warriors had an SRS of 5.52 which was the 4th best in the league that year

the 2020-21 and 2021-2022 Suns had an SRS of 5.67 and 6.94

I'll even do you the kindness of omitting the Warriors stats from other years to make the case look as best as possible for them

the Suns were a better team as observed over a 2 season sample
PierceFan4ever
RealGM

Post#2294 » by PierceFan4ever » Tue May 14, 2024 9:10 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Wait, I just realized this person actually said "The Bucks had to beat a real team to win a title."

I’m sure this is the only thing you have to root for since the bucks are irrelevant
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#2295 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:11 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:

I’m sure this is the only thing you have to root for since the bucks are irrelevant

Gee I guess I can't enjoy any other team besides the Bucks right? What a tribalist viewpoint

I'd love to watch the Nuggets, Wolves, Mavericks, or Thunder beat your fraudulent Celtics
PierceFan4ever
RealGM

Post#2296 » by PierceFan4ever » Tue May 14, 2024 9:14 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Gee I guess I can't enjoy any other team besides the Bucks right? What a tribalist viewpoint

I'd love to watch the Nuggets, Wolves, Mavericks, or Thunder beat your fraudulent Celtics

Love the Celtics living rent free in your head. Amazing how nobody gives a **** about the mediocre bucks :lol:

If the bucks/celtics were in opposite spots, I wouldn’t give 2 craps about the bucks or spend my time on their threads in an off day trying to trash them because I got nothing better to do.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant

Post#2297 » by KamikazeK » Tue May 14, 2024 9:15 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

2021-2022 Warriors had an SRS of 5.52 which was the 4th best in the league that year

I'll even do you the kindness of omitting the Warriors stats from other years to make the case look as best as possible for them

Those numbers don't matter at all because those Suns are proven playoff chokers.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#2298 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:31 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:wtf does an injury year with a **** roster matter for this argument? lmao.

Those numbers don't matter at all because those Suns are proven playoff chokers.

Lmao data doesn’t matter just because you say so. Got it
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#2299 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:33 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:

Love the Celtics living rent free in your head. Amazing how nobody gives a **** about the mediocre bucks :lol:

If the bucks/celtics were in opposite spots, I wouldn’t give 2 craps about the bucks or spend my time on their threads in an off day trying to trash them because I got nothing better to do.

People care about the teams still competing how odd is that? The truth is you’re just upset that my comment doesn’t praise the Celtics. They’re the most talented team in the league with arguably 5 All-Star caliber players. They have well earned their expectations and will be rightfully clowned on if they fail.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,355

Post#2300 » by bisme37 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:43 pm

Read on Twitter

^ This Bill Simmons tweet you guys are talking about... some fans on the Celtics board saw that and agreed with it too but I thought the poster BK_2020 made a series of good posts showing that it's a nonsense narrative.

The posts/photos are here if you want to check it out but basically the Celtics got 6 straight wide open looks to end the game and just missed them until Jaylen hit the dagger. Apparently Bill Simmons has no idea what a high pick and roll is.

viewtopic.php?p=113146217#p113146217

Return to The General Board