What Does Curry have to Do to Pass LeBron All-Time?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,412

Re: What Does Curry have to Do to Pass LeBron All-Time? 

Post#241 » by Iwasawitness » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:42 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

It didnt have anything to do with Wade only playing 53 regular season games that last year James spent in Miami and Wade struggling in the finals? Or Cleveland having a 22 year old all star guard and having a draft pick that they were willing to trade for a 26 year old all star power forward?

22 year old Irving and 26 year old Love or stay with Miami to play with Bosh and an aging/injured Wade….you are right man. Staying with Miami would have been the easier decision lol

I honestly believe you are smarter than what you wrote

He just went to 4 straight finals. Wade was injured the season before but that's not why he left. Everyone thought he'd stay but he decided he wanted to try win a championship in Cleveland.

People were shocked he went to Cavs, of course it was far easier to stay with Wade, Bosh and Spoelstra.

Cavs were a complete unknown. Kyrie had talent but was young and the other guys were unknown. Wiggins was a rookie and it wasn't known how that would play out.

There were several far better situations in 2014 he could have joined than Cavs if he really wanted to leave Miami because he though Wade was badly injured.

Everyone was shocked that he left Miami to go back to Cleveland? Lol yea cause he has proven that he is loyal to franchises…..

Irving was a 22 year old two time allstar

There is an article that i cant get to download on here from my phone that says James personally contacted Love to recruit him to Cleveland. Im pretty sure it was a done deal (trade of the pick to Minnesota for Love) before the trade was even announced. The teams maybe haggled for a bit but it was going to happen. But believe whatever narrative that makes James look like a hero. I would expect nothing less.

I stand corrected. LeBron was in fact the one who called Love, not the other way around.

But with that said, all reports have stated that this did not happen until after LeBron returned to Cleveland. And also, it was never a done deal.

When LeBron first told Cleveland he wanted Love on the team, they contacted Minnesota and made offers for Love without Wiggins. Minnesota made it clear that they wanted Wiggins, and Cleveland told them no. At that point, talks stalled and even ended shortly thereafter. There was even talk that Cleveland would just wait for the next season when Love was a free agent and then just sign him. But there was concern that Love would get traded to a favorable situation that he would end up being okay with and would just stay there, so they eventually went ahead and traded Wiggins.

In other words you’re wrong, which doesn’t really surprise me at this point.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,685

Post#242 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:50 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
He just went to 4 straight finals. Wade was injured the season before but that's not why he left. Everyone thought he'd stay but he decided he wanted to try win a championship in Cleveland.

People were shocked he went to Cavs, of course it was far easier to stay with Wade, Bosh and Spoelstra.

Cavs were a complete unknown. Kyrie had talent but was young and the other guys were unknown. Wiggins was a rookie and it wasn't known how that would play out.

There were several far better situations in 2014 he could have joined than Cavs if he really wanted to leave Miami because he though Wade was badly injured.

Everyone was shocked that he left Miami to go back to Cleveland? Lol yea cause he has proven that he is loyal to franchises…..

There is an article that i cant get to download on here from my phone that says James personally contacted Love to recruit him to Cleveland. Im pretty sure it was a done deal (trade of the pick to Minnesota for Love) before the trade was even announced. The teams maybe haggled for a bit but it was going to happen. But believe whatever narrative that makes James look like a hero. I would expect nothing less.

I stand corrected. LeBron was in fact the one who called Love, not the other way around.

But with that said, all reports have stated that this did not happen until after LeBron returned to Cleveland. And also, it was never a done deal.

When LeBron first told Cleveland he wanted Love on the team, they contacted Minnesota and made offers for Love without Wiggins. Minnesota made it clear that they wanted Wiggins, and Cleveland told them no. At that point, talks stalled and even ended shortly thereafter. There was even talk that Cleveland would just wait for the next season when Love was a free agent and then just sign him. But there was concern that Love would get traded to a favorable situation that he would end up being okay with and would just stay there, so they eventually went ahead and traded Wiggins.

Im not responding to anything you post on here and i would appreciate the same.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,709

Post#243 » by WarriorGM » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:57 pm

nzahir wrote:Lets keep it simple

Mvps: 4 to 2
Fmvps: 4 to 1
All NBA: 19 to 9

Let alone the eye test

Curry is great when his team is great and loaded and there isn't a real challenge

They won in 2015 due to playing a depleted Cavs team out 2 all stars

They blew it in 2016

They then won 2 rings with KD. No adversity, nothing to overcome. 4 all stars, 2 with mvps in their primes, great spacing and solid role guys

They lost in 2019 in a moment where he could have done something great and overcome the odds. Also had a shot in game 6 to win it

The 2022 ring is finally a good accomplishment. Nothing crazy to get there as they beat an injured Denver and Memphis team and the Suns choked to the Mavs. Curry was very impressive in the finals, probably his best accomplishment. But a young boston team isn't a world beater either. Tatum was horrible and Brown turned it over any time he dribbled to his left

MVPs, FMVPs and All-NBAs? All opinions. But let's convert the opinion to actual results shall we?

By my count Curry beat a player selected to the First Team All-NBA in a playoffs series 13 times.

LeBron? 5 times.
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#244 » by Iwasawitness » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:09 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Well, too bad. If you’re going to continue with your nonsense anti-LeBron agenda, I’m going to continue correcting you at every turn. If you don’t want me to do it, then stop saying what is very obvious slander and post about him with an open mind and the goal to be objective about it.

Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#245 » by Iwasawitness » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:10 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
nzahir wrote:Lets keep it simple

Mvps: 4 to 2
Fmvps: 4 to 1
All NBA: 19 to 9

Let alone the eye test

Curry is great when his team is great and loaded and there isn't a real challenge

They won in 2015 due to playing a depleted Cavs team out 2 all stars

They blew it in 2016

They then won 2 rings with KD. No adversity, nothing to overcome. 4 all stars, 2 with mvps in their primes, great spacing and solid role guys

They lost in 2019 in a moment where he could have done something great and overcome the odds. Also had a shot in game 6 to win it

The 2022 ring is finally a good accomplishment. Nothing crazy to get there as they beat an injured Denver and Memphis team and the Suns choked to the Mavs. Curry was very impressive in the finals, probably his best accomplishment. But a young boston team isn't a world beater either. Tatum was horrible and Brown turned it over any time he dribbled to his left

MVPs, FMVPs and All-NBAs? All opinions. But let's convert the opinion to actual results shall we?

By my count Curry beat a player selected to the First Team All-NBA in a playoffs series 13 times.

LeBron? 5 times.

When did Curry beat a first team All-NBA player in the playoffs 13 times? Was there a one on one playoff tournament that I wasn’t made aware of?

Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,950

Post#246 » by Rainwater » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:31 pm

HEAT33 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
HEAT33 wrote:If Curry wins another ring this year, I will put him ahead of Lebron.
If he wins a ring, it would be
1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Wilt
4. Curry
5. Lebron

I just don't know how people come to the conclusion that Curry is anywhere near Lebron or even in the top 10 in players. Other then shooting there is absolutely nothing that indicates that curry is better than Lebron. Better defender, better rebounder, better playmaker, better floor riser, more points, more assets, more all star appearances, more MVP shares. Lebron has literally outplayed Steph every time they have played. If Durant never joined the Warriors Cleveland could have beat the warrior at least one more time. I just don't understand the argument for Curry over Lebron. Lebron is just better.

Curry is a better playmakers, ball handler, shooter and better winner.

Lebron is a stat padder, just like Westbrick.

Steph has won all his rings on his team, Lebron had to ring chase to get rings, Steph has also beaten Lebron in the finals 15-7

Rings are a team accomplishment not an individual achievement. Winning a ring just means you had a better team not necessarily that you are a better player.

Every time curry played Lebron, Lebron was clearly the best player on the court. Just because Lebron played with lesser talent shouldn’t penalize Lebron as a player, the logic makes no sense. Just the mere fact that Lebron took some of those teams to the finals is an accomplishment in itself.

And how is Lebron only a stat padder if actually wins games and titles.

And curry is not the better playmaker, lol. He is not even the best playmaker on his own team.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#247 » by Rainwater » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:33 pm

Curry is an amazing player but if you really think that Curry is anywhere near Lebron as a player I question if you watch basketball.
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#248 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:52 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

Well, too bad. If you’re going to continue with your nonsense anti-LeBron agenda, I’m going to continue correcting you at every turn. If you don’t want me to do it, then stop saying what is very obvious slander and post about him with an open mind and the goal to be objective about it.

Im trying to avoid you because you are a liar

I have corrected you many times on here about it but you continue to lie

And nothing that i said about James is incorrect you just cant handle the truth - you act like someone defending their mother when it comes to this guy
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#249 » by Rainwater » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:55 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

And nothing that i said about James is incorrect you just cant handle the truth - you act like someone defending their mother when it comes to this guy

Yeah, while I am pretty certain that Cleveland would have loved to keep Wiggins, Lebron did not want to play with a rookie. And they weren’t going to compete with Wiggins in his first year.
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#250 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:59 pm

Rainwater wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

Yeah, while I am pretty certain that Cleveland would have loved to keep Wiggins, Lebron did not want to play with a rookie. And they weren’t going to compete with Wiggins in his first year.

I agree 100%
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,888

Post#251 » by SkyBill40 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:02 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Onus wrote:If Lebron achieved what Curry has done he'd be considered the undisputed GOAT.

If Curry did what Lebron did, he’d be better than Jordan undisputedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bwahahaha.... NO.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,709

Post#252 » by WarriorGM » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:17 pm

Rainwater wrote:
HEAT33 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
I just don't know how people come to the conclusion that Curry is anywhere near Lebron or even in the top 10 in players. Other then shooting there is absolutely nothing that indicates that curry is better than Lebron. Better defender, better rebounder, better playmaker, better floor riser, more points, more assets, more all star appearances, more MVP shares. Lebron has literally outplayed Steph every time they have played. If Durant never joined the Warriors Cleveland could have beat the warrior at least one more time. I just don't understand the argument for Curry over Lebron. Lebron is just better.

Curry is a better playmakers, ball handler, shooter and better winner.

Lebron is a stat padder, just like Westbrick.

Steph has won all his rings on his team, Lebron had to ring chase to get rings, Steph has also beaten Lebron in the finals 15-7

Rings are a team accomplishment not an individual achievement. Winning a ring just means you had a better team not necessarily that you are a better player.

Every time curry played Lebron, Lebron was clearly the best player on the court. Just because Lebron played with lesser talent shouldn’t penalize Lebron as a player, the logic makes no sense. Just the mere fact that Lebron took some of those teams to the finals is an accomplishment in itself.

And how is Lebron only a stat padder if actually wins games and titles.

And curry is not the better playmaker, lol. He is not even the best playmaker on his own team.

We are talking about NBA basketball are we not? The major team sport where stars probably have the most influence on the results? While strictly speaking winning a ring doesn't necessarily mean the star on the winning team was a better player, it most certainly is an indication of it. Now let's take into account further that the player involved is not only winning championships with his team, he is also setting records with it. This is an indication of an extreme outlier at work.

When you say that LeBron was clearly the best player on the court you are making an assumption. When you say that Curry had better teammates you are making another assumption. What is the evidence that LeBron was the best player on the court? The box scores? The losses he had suggest otherwise. That's because of Curry's teammates you say? How do we know it's not really Curry?

LeBron had his superteams with players who were more established but even Curry's 2015 team was by many metrics more notable (67-wins, top ten all-time elo rating) than any of LeBron's much less the teams with KD. It is easy to come up with reasonable explanations why that was the case. Curry is a more efficient scorer and doesn't dominate the ball. That allows his teammates to get better opportunities. Why should such a team empowering effect be overlooked? It shouldn't and that's why many people will say giving an FMVP to a player on the losing team no matter how impressive his boxscore numbers are is dumb.

Curry being as successful as he is on a team known for its beautiful and distinctive play undercuts your statement. If you don't think Curry is the most vital initiator of plays on the Warriors then maybe we should question your ability to understand what you are watching.
narmerguy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,052

Post#253 » by narmerguy » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:33 pm

I can't believe people are even discussing this.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,160

Post#254 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:57 pm

narmerguy wrote:I can't believe people are even discussing this.

It's like 4 people
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,755

Post#255 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:24 pm

It is pretty simple really, nee changes his name to Kareem Abdul Jordan, takes all three of their stats and accomplishments, adds them together and he is truly the undisputed GOAT. He can add a hypehn to Russell-Jordan and get even more rangz... No one is touching that.

Also why does it matter? KAJ was awesome to watch, Shaq and Kobe were, MJ was, Lebron is, Curry is, Bird and Magic... etc.... The GOAT worry is just silly to me. I just like seeing the best of every era play at high levels. I loathe Mikan (both broithers) just because I hate Joliet but man if I could have seen George dominate it would have been awesome.
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#256 » by Iwasawitness » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:49 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

I agree 100%

Unfortunately for the both of you, facts do not care about your feelings.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2133479-how-can-cleveland-cavaliers-survive-trading-andrew-wiggins.amp.html

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11203427/kevin-love-intrigued-commit-cleveland-cavaliers

Again, at the time, the cavaliers did not want to trade Wiggins. This is a well known fact by people who were following the cavaliers closely at the time.

It is also a well known fact that LeBron did not contact Love until AFTER he returned to Cleveland.

MAVSDirk41, the only liar here is you. You said LeBron returned to Cleveland partially because of the Kevin Love situation. I have facts on my side that demonstrate that Love wasn’t even part of the equation at that point. It’s exactly like the time you claimed LeBron recruited Bosh to Miami, even though Bosh joined Miami first and LeBron was the one who tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland, NOT Miami (and then you still pushed that narrative even after I and another poster gave you proof that was false). Or that time you tried to claim Drew Gooden averaged 14 PPG for five straight seasons and even had the audacity to tell me to “look it up”.

At this point it’s become pathetic. At least be willing to admit you’re full of **** so I don’t have to keep proving it myself. You’re only making it worse for yourself, I would hope you’d at least be smart enough to realize that. I mean hell, I even had enough decency to admit to being wrong about who called who… have enough character to do that yourself.

MacGill
Veteran
And1: 472

Post#257 » by MacGill » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:11 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
MacGill wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
You mean free agency? Where players can choose a team to go to based on organization and players they have already?

Yeah I'd say it's pretty common for players to do that.

Yeah, I'd say Wade cleared that one up pretty decently, don't you think? Quick quiz, since it's so common. Could you name me pre-2010 all the players in free agency that all joined up together in the peak/primes of their careers while all being arguably top 15 in the league at the same time?

Oh so your problem is that the players are elite at basketball? That means they should be restricted?

How many teams did a worse job than Cavs with putting a team around their star? That's what caused the player to leave.

Who said I have a problem? And why do you keep evading 'what actually happened' with this pointless narrative?

You stated it was the feather in his cap, and I stated that it sure is easier to pluck that feather when you have 3 of the best on your team in their primes. And while we all knew back then that it was conspired, it has now been confirmed. Then in the next sentence you state his organization caused him to leave, which is incorrect. He left because he didn't think he could win but also knew that Clev would never get Wade/Bosh to join him. He had already made the finals prior to leaving Clev. and when he had full creative control, it still didn't work out the way he wanted it to and left again.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,553

Post#258 » by zimpy27 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:14 pm

MacGill wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
MacGill wrote:
Yeah, I'd say Wade cleared that one up pretty decently, don't you think? Quick quiz, since it's so common. Could you name me pre-2010 all the players in free agency that all joined up together in the peak/primes of their careers while all being arguably top 15 in the league at the same time?

Oh so your problem is that the players are elite at basketball? That means they should be restricted?

How many teams did a worse job than Cavs with putting a team around their star? That's what caused the player to leave.

Who said I have a problem? And why do you keep evading 'what actually happened' with this pointless narrative?

You stated it was the feather in his cap, and I stated that it sure is easier to pluck that feather when you have 3 of the best on your team in their primes. And while we all knew back then that it was conspired, it has now been confirmed. Then in the next sentence you state his organization caused him to leave, which is incorrect. He left because he didn't think he could win but also knew that Clev would never get Wade/Bosh to join him. He had already made the finals prior to leaving Clev. and when he had full creative control, it still didn't work out the way he wanted it to and left again.

You're the one that focused on the player only being a top 10 player.

Players change teams all the time. You seem to think it's extraordinary because LeBron was top 10.

So I wonder why you feel like a player being good should give them less rights?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
MacGill
Veteran

Post#259 » by MacGill » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:16 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
MacGill wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
Kareem is the only guy that comes to mind, but the idea that being the best player in the league precludes a player's ability to exercise his rights as a free agent is rather ridiculous.

You must work in HR :-?

Grow up.

And Kareem never left the Bucks because he couldn't win, he won with Oscar.

Kareem's winning or losing before he left was not a condition in the original question, nor was it implied that he left because he couldn't win.

You just read LBJ's statment over a decade later that he didn't think he could win there.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

The reason why you can't think of any other examples is because they've only started this 'in-prime' non-draft superstar formation from his decision.

There are instances where top-tier players left in their prime as free agents to enjoy championship success elsewhere, including LeBron, Shaq, KD and Kareem, if you bothered to read the rest of the thread. Elite players aren't bound by restrictions to exercise their free agent rights just because they're elite.

Can't be bothered to drop to your 'almighty' level here so again, I'll just ask the same question and please read it slower this time and take as much time as you need.

Who else left in the prime/peak of their careers to join other top stars in the peak/primes of their careers? And to help you out, Shaq left for who in LA again? And KAJ left for who in LA again? But you are right with LBJ/KD so at least you're half honest.
MacGill
Veteran

Post#260 » by MacGill » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:22 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
MacGill wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

You're the one that focused on the player only being a top 10 player.

Players change teams all the time. You seem to think it's extraordinary because LeBron was top 10.

So I wonder why you feel like a player being good should give them less rights?

Okay, I'm not interested in having to go into the Matrix to have this conversation with you. I do understand why you continue to dodge the question and provide a more 'pro rights' narrative to support your position. But I will say, it's nothing that I would be bragging about in terms of legacy for how it was achieved and now that the blue print has been created it will most likely be easily eclisped by current stars in the near future.

Return to The General Board