2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Who wins and goes to the WCFs?

Thunder in 4
4%
Thunder in 5
9%
Thunder in 6
21%
Thunder in 7
12%
Mavericks in 4
1%
Mavericks in 5
4%
Mavericks in 6
39%
Mavericks in 7
10%

Total votes: 326

LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,133

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#2741 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:19 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
KGDirkTD_Fan wrote:SGA is the michael jordan of ..... :D

He's fine, **** happens, entire series left to go.

SGA is the Kobe of Shaun Livingston's

You on fire today. :lol:

:rofl:
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,417

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL leads 2-1) 

Post#2742 » by G R E Y » Sat May 11, 2024 10:19 pm

Forbes wrote:
Mk0 wrote:
Pablo Escobar wrote:I never realized how much Shai flops for calls.

A lot of it isn't necessarily flopping, just a soft whistle. He got two calls in the 4th where nothing happened. Like the defender is straight up, arms up, moving laterally and Shai got a whistle. Minimal contact and not even a head whip by SGA, just a big ole nothingburger and he got a call. That is the stuff that has me confused.

Thats called manufacturing a superstar. He is a star without it but those fouls calls help elevate.

And the bloody non calls on push offs ugh...
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Pacernation
Senior
And1: 1,018

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL leads 2-1) 

Post#2743 » by Pacernation » Sat May 11, 2024 10:19 pm

Just saw the last minutes but it's amazing to see how OKC is getting away with beating the crap out of Luka..
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,649

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#2744 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
Archx wrote:Man if Luka was healthy... Mavs would be scary.

Man this how Luka needs to learn how to play-

His running and gunning and not passing has a ceiling that’s the same as Harden’s -

If Luka learns how to depend on his team and win scoring 21 the Mavs are more dangerous- cause if he needs 40 he can get it but win with 21 and get 40 when needed.

Luka shooting 30 times a game is less scary than Luka picking you apart like jokic but knowing if he needs it he can give you 15 in a quarter lol

The scary part is everyone is starting to notice it. I have seen multiple analyst say he controls the ball too much. He's definitely looking like Harden. Hopefully he changes his ways for the better of the team.

No everyone's known that's how he plays since his 2nd year in the league. He's far too controlling and ball dominant. There's another article discussing about his impact on winning or lack of it till this year. When a light switch seems to have come on. I think he's pushing the ball more in the playoffs. And he's defending which is impacting wining.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2377565
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,106

Post#2745 » by AleksandarN » Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 pm

Dirk wrote:
Apz wrote:SGA and his **** elbows. Hope he tears his fking ACL

Wishing injury on players is inappropriate, uncool and not allowed on the GB. So don't do it. -b

While you only represent yourself when you post, you still rock the Mavs logo and you kind of will be associated with the extended Mavs fanbase... so avoid that sort of thing. :noway:

As a fellow member of House Mavs: Apz just had a terrible moment. We don't wish any injuries on anyone, except Rajon Rondo. And I was happy to see Williams back in the game and looking healthy.

And here I thought he was your burner account ;)
DrModesty
Senior
And1: 562

Post#2746 » by DrModesty » Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 pm

Shai isn't getting enough help from his roster in games where they don't fire 40%+ from 3. Best player in all 3 games so far. This is to be expected though, given how young and inexperienced everyone is. Next year his supporting cast should gain some more natural improvement, and hopefully they can get a big physical natural PF that has a complimentary game.
Baz
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,827

Post#2747 » by Baz » Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 pm

RunOKC wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:The thunder super deserve to lose. Not because of what happened on the court. But because they’re a bunch of **** bitches.

Your team has Luka Doncic who's the poster boy for acting like a bitch

Looks like it's rubbing off onto quite a few Mav fans too

"Your team's a bitch!" "No your team is!!!"
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 37,035

Post#2748 » by Dirk » Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 pm

Mk0 wrote:Jesus. That was a ROUGH elbow by Shai. God damn. Dude got Luka RIGHT in the chin.

That's why Luka developed the double chin.
60/21/10
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 30,103

Post#2749 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat May 11, 2024 10:21 pm

G R E Y wrote:
Forbes wrote:
Mk0 wrote:A lot of it isn't necessarily flopping, just a soft whistle. He got two calls in the 4th where nothing happened. Like the defender is straight up, arms up, moving laterally and Shai got a whistle. Minimal contact and not even a head whip by SGA, just a big ole nothingburger and he got a call. That is the stuff that has me confused.

Thats called manufacturing a superstar. He is a star without it but those fouls calls help elevate.

I can’t think of one young star that doesn’t push off. It’s become a plague on the league. Tatum, Morant, SGA, Luka, Giannis, Mitchell… it’s more common than carrying now. I don’t like it either but refs almost never call it.

Again… if a 185 lbs player can send you flying like that, you need to hit the weight room.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Forbes
Analyst
And1: 2,756

Post#2750 » by Forbes » Sat May 11, 2024 10:21 pm

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:SGA is good but he's honestly a #2 option

From MVP frontrunner to he's a 2nd option.

Life comes at you fast! :D

I think what's he's maybe saying, albeit hyperbolically, is that SGA is like Tatum. Obviously a #1 but not "HIM" like other superstars. Not someone who can carry a team to a title like guys like Steph, Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis, and Jokic. And I think he's right.

Tatum absolutely has no Dawg in him at all, that’s his main problem. I don’t agree Shai is Like Tatum.

Shai actually has the tools to put a team on his back and carry. Tatum 100% is a great 2 way player but he can’t carry a team.
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,649

Post#2751 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 10:21 pm

G R E Y wrote:
Forbes wrote:
Mk0 wrote:A lot of it isn't necessarily flopping, just a soft whistle. He got two calls in the 4th where nothing happened. Like the defender is straight up, arms up, moving laterally and Shai got a whistle. Minimal contact and not even a head whip by SGA, just a big ole nothingburger and he got a call. That is the stuff that has me confused.

He has those chicken wing arms so refs don't blow the whistle lol.
bluemj32
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,064

Post#2752 » by bluemj32 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:22 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:From MVP frontrunner to he's a 2nd option.

I think what's he's maybe saying, albeit hyperbolically, is that SGA is like Tatum. Obviously a #1 but not "HIM" like other superstars. Not someone who can carry a team to a title like guys like Steph, Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis, and Jokic. And I think he's right.

He’s NOTHING like Tatum. SGA is a HISTORIC driver, finisher, has absurd efficiency and league leading game to game scoring consistency. He almost never has a bad game. Tatum is like a Rich Man’s PG where he will have a 50 point game followed by a 12 point 5-18 type game.

He is 25 and his team was in the play in last year. Was Jordan ready to “carry to a title” by 25? No. He’s perfectly rated now which is a top 5 player who is still young, and has one of the most complete offensive games in basketball.
These are the same people who probably said stuff about Luka last year bc he didn't win but now praise him bc he's up 2-1.

There is only one champion each year, you can be an elite player/ franchise guy and not win a chip. It's going to happen to a lot of these players unless they team up at some point. So if Luka, Ant, or whoever else doesn't win this year keep the same energy being thrown at SGA.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,485

Post#2753 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat May 11, 2024 10:22 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:Derrick Jones Jr almost sold the game for Dallas. Was a -14, 1-10 from the field, a few second half turnovers. Good win they pulled out.

Can’t speak for the first half, but the Mavs set him up in some brutal spots around the basket in the 4th quarter. Spots where you kinda have to go up with the shot or else you’re playing into the Thunders hands.
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 849

Post#2754 » by juanc » Sat May 11, 2024 10:22 pm

Lively has changed the game on defense in the 2nd half, just tremendous defense. Daigneault tried to take him out of the game, but yeah the rook was phenomenal(sans the alley ops :D)
bluemj32
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,064

Post#2755 » by bluemj32 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:22 pm

mademan wrote:The Shai whistle is really getting ridiculous. I see bodies flying and physical play everywhere and he gets ft's on the slightest bumps
I agree, he has the whistle going his way a lot

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Doranku
Analyst
And1: 6,298

Post#2756 » by Doranku » Sat May 11, 2024 10:22 pm

Dirk wrote:Ethical basketball.

Putting this on replay on my second monitor for the rest of the night. Pure art.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 30,103

Post#2757 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat May 11, 2024 10:23 pm

DrModesty wrote:Shai isn't getting enough help from his roster in games where they don't fire 40%+ from 3. Best player in all 3 games so far. This is to be expected though, given how young and inexperienced everyone is. Next year his supporting cast should gain some more natural improvement, and hopefully they can get a big physical natural PF that has a complimentary game.

Yep. He’s easily been the best player on either team. But you can’t have Williams+Chet combining for 29 points.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,230

Post#2758 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 11, 2024 10:23 pm

Pacernation wrote:Just saw the last minutes but it's amazing to see how OKC is getting away with beating the crap out of Luka..

Well he body slammed Lu Dort in game 2 & went to the FT line for it.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
DrModesty
Senior
And1: 562

Post#2759 » by DrModesty » Sat May 11, 2024 10:23 pm

Forbes wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:From MVP frontrunner to he's a 2nd option.

Tatum absolutely has no Dawg in him at all, that’s his main problem. I don’t agree Shai is Like Tatum.

Shai actually has the tools to put a team on his back and carry. Tatum 100% is a great 2 way player but he can’t carry a team.

The not being HIM is a label normally put on to guys who can't deliver in the clutch. SGA is arguably the most clutch player in the league.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,116

Post#2760 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 11, 2024 10:23 pm

Dirk wrote:
Apz wrote:SGA and his **** elbows. Hope he tears his fking ACL

Wishing injury on players is inappropriate, uncool and not allowed on the GB. So don't do it. -b

While you only represent yourself when you post, you still rock the Mavs logo and you kind of will be associated with the extended Mavs fanbase... so avoid that sort of thing. :noway:

As a fellow member of House Mavs: Apz just had a terrible moment. We don't wish any injuries on anyone, except Rajon Rondo. And I was happy to see Williams back in the game and looking healthy.

I love you man. Holding people accountable even if it's from your own team fanbase. Fair is fair.

Return to The General Board