Cavs vs Warriors on TNT Thursday night thoughts

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

WinisKing
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,988

Re: Cavs vs Warriors on TNT Thursday night thoughts 

Post#341 » by WinisKing » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:50 am

improper wrote:
WinisKing wrote:Warrior's ballmovement was a sight to behold, Spur-esque.

Cavs won on Le-Iso, and Le-Postups, so dependent on this guy.

Is it really that surprising that a team would rely on the best player in the game? It's common sense.

LeBron also had four other teammates who scored ten or more.

I know, but you can't tell me they did not go to Lebron 70% of the time, and he was hot. But it seems every team with Lebron relies on his dominance, and dies by it. This is perhaps Lebron's biggest gift and fault.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#342 » by improper » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:50 am

primecougar wrote:
improper wrote:

Is it really that surprising that a team would rely on the best player in the game? It's common sense.

Lmao. ball movement is great but when you have lbj and he can literally get any shot he wants, its the best option.

Yeah, and it's not as if the Cavs can't move the ball when they want to. They have several guys with pretty great passing skills on their team.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,597

Post#343 » by og15 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:51 am

jbk1234 wrote:Here's the only thing that worry's me about GS: Blatt announced his strategy of running them off the 3 point line at the end of the third (which he should never do again). It was pretty obvious through the first three quarters, but other teams are going to copy that in the playoffs and they have to have a better counter than they showed tonight.

Running a team off the three point line is easier said than done. Every team has the strategy of trying to run the Warriors off the 3PT line, it isn't a secret. It can work in one game and in another game not so much. GS was still 11/29 from the 3PT line. Sending Cleveland to the line 35 times (FT's are too efficient for that), shooting only 10/19 FT, and shooting only 42.9% FG are much more important than whether they were ran off the line into 11 made 3's and 37.9% 3PT compared to a season average of 10.5 3PM and 38.9% 3PT.
afox
Veteran
And1: 1,398

Post#344 » by afox » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:52 am

crazy_me_87 wrote:
afox wrote:
afox wrote:Lets also remember its February...Cleveland is def hot right now....but another almost 2 monthe before playoffs...of course..they are in the East

It was only a ten point game...If Curry and Klay hit anything, may be different...and Clev needed every bit of Bron at his season's best...

First it was a 11 Point Game :wink:

second well the Cavs defended them exeptionally well in the second half.
And Lebrons 42 wasnt that needed as you say. take away 10 and hes at a pretty normal 32 and they still win.

u mad? :D

You're wrong...10, 11, 12..whatever They still needed Bron at his best...Im telling you..Clev doesn't have the bench scoring needed...in the long run...
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#345 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:52 am

2 to 12 lol come on goat brook and friends
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#346 » by kombayn » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:53 am

evilpimp972 wrote:
kombayn wrote:
evilpimp972 wrote:Wait, KD is hurt for the playoffs too? :o

We'll know in another week or so, but it won't shock me if he's extremely limited or ruled out completely.

I wouldn't mind to see Westbrook becoming GOATbrook in the playoffs in that happens haha.

This past Saturday, I was visiting my Dad for the weekend since I had a couple vacation days from work here in LA. Saw the Thunder play the Hornets section 220. Westbrook looks much more relaxed and confident when KD isn't on the floor and Westbrook can dictate the terms of the game, you still want that ice-cold killer in KD to finish out games but to me Westbrook's game is hurt when he has to defer to KD. This game, no KD and he flourished and really owned the game, made the Hornets look J.V.
Young gun 6
Analyst
And1: 6,021

Post#347 » by Young gun 6 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:54 am

Phoenix will win this.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#348 » by improper » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:56 am

afox wrote:
crazy_me_87 wrote:
afox wrote:
It was only a ten point game...If Curry and Klay hit anything, may be different...and Clev needed every bit of Bron at his season's best...

And Lebrons 42 wasnt that needed as you say. take away 10 and hes at a pretty normal 32 and they still win.

You're wrong...10, 11, 12..whatever They still needed Bron at his best...Im telling you..Clev doesn't have the bench scoring needed...in the long run...

Scoring is not and has never been Cleveland's problem this year. They struggled early despite their top five offense because their defense sucked.
afox
Veteran

Post#349 » by afox » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:59 am

improper wrote:
afox wrote:
crazy_me_87 wrote:

Scoring is not and has never been Cleveland's problem this year. They struggled early despite their top five offense because their defense sucked.

Well see...I hear ya...Just don't think theyre deep enough...
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#350 » by crazy_me_87 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:00 am

afox wrote:
crazy_me_87 wrote:
afox wrote:

yeah man whatever makes you feel better^^

Its just simple if you have Lebron you can rely on him winning complete series almost on his own. If you dont have a guy like that you just dont.. simple math. There is no negating Lebron. Hes on the Cavs thats just a fact. Thats not up for debate.

And concerning the Bench. well while its clear that its no great scoring bench its a exellent defensive,energy,Rebounding bench. A good bench is not exclusivly defined by points scored. Defense and Energy are just as important. Adding to that when you have 4 Guys that ca get 20-30 every night(Bron,Kyrie,Love,Smith) youre ok scoring wise. theres not enough touches for several 10ppg bench scorers left^^

In the long run they also can Start Shumpert and get Smith's scoring of the bench.
Doddage
Veteran
And1: 1,852

Post#351 » by Doddage » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:03 am

Len doesn't get enough touches IMO
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#352 » by improper » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:03 am

afox wrote:
improper wrote:Scoring is not and has never been Cleveland's problem this year. They struggled early despite their top five offense because their defense sucked.

Eh...I think they're deeper than any of LeBron's Heat teams. Obviously none of LeBron's teammates are quite as good as prime Wade was on those teams, but the Heat would have killed for rotation guys like Mozgov, Shumpert, and Thompson, or even a bought in JR Smith.
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#353 » by crazy_me_87 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:05 am

improper wrote:
afox wrote:
improper wrote:Scoring is not and has never been Cleveland's problem this year. They struggled early despite their top five offense because their defense sucked.

Eh...I think they're deeper than any of LeBron's Heat teams. Obviously none of LeBron's teammates are quite as good as prime Wade was on those teams, but the Heat would have killed for rotation guys like Mozgov, Shumpert, and Thompson, or even a bought in JR Smith.

Killed? more like commited mass murder^^
afox
Veteran

Post#354 » by afox » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:06 am

crazy_me_87 wrote:
afox wrote:
crazy_me_87 wrote:

yeah man whatever makes you feel better^^

Its just simple if you have Lebron you can rely on him winning complete series almost on his own. If you dont have a guy like that you just dont.. simple math. There is no negating Lebron. Hes on the Cavs thats just a fact. Thats not up for debate.

And concerning the Bench. well while its clear that its no great scoring bench its a exellent defensive,energy,hustle bench. In the long run they also can Start Shumpert and get Smith's scoring of the bench.

Scoring aside....youre 6,7 and 8th players are Thompson(solid 6 man) then Shumpert(31 mins tonite, 0 pts 5 rbs, 2 fouls), solid mins I guess, then Dellevedova...that's youre 8 man rotation? again 8 man! unless Miller or Jones...you do have Perkins hell give some mins
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,560

Post#355 » by Bank Shot » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:06 am

Westbrick making an appearance tonight.
DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#356 » by DynastySS » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:08 am

LeBron is good at basketball.
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,840

Post#357 » by infinite11285 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:09 am

Phoenix schooling OKC thus far in every single aspect of the game.
dfins891
Junior
And1: 292

Post#358 » by dfins891 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:11 am

I don't know if he gets in his own head or what but Westbrook has these game once in a while where he couldn't make a basket if his life depended on it.
Theitaliangame
Junior
And1: 160

Post#359 » by Theitaliangame » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:14 am

WinisKing wrote:
improper wrote:

LeBron also had four other teammates who scored ten or more.

I know, but you can't tell me they did not go to Lebron 70% of the time, and he was hot. But it seems every team with Lebron relies on his dominance, and dies by it. This is perhaps Lebron's biggest gift and fault.

The cavs don't rely lebron. Its more of an if Irving/ lebron perimeter attack offense with love and Jr smith playing the wing while shump slashes and mozgov and tristen dominate the paint. Cavs road the hot hand like they did when kyrie had 55. But not as much as other players contributed more in this game then kyrie had in his effort.
afox
Veteran

Post#360 » by afox » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:14 am

crazy_me_87 wrote:
improper wrote:
afox wrote:

Killed? more like commited mass murder^^

Birdman Battier Ray Allen Cole were first off bench Haslem too....not to mention Miller and Jones(who are both with Clev of course, but past their benefit point) Heats bench was better... but I would say Clevelands starters are better...but they don't make up the difference of the bench

Return to The General Board