2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,154

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3861 » by life_saver » Sat May 11, 2024 1:51 am

I am not sure why people are surprised at refs overturning that foul call. It's happened lot of times in RS too. Basically the refs only look at the point where they called the foul...they don't review whatever happened prior to that point. Even if a player got fouled earlier in the drive, it doesn't matter...they just try to determine whether the player was fouled or not at the point where they actually called the foul

I will say though the worst non-call of the game was actually the one towards the end where Siakam was blocking Hartenstein from even defending the rim..that should have called a foul
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,474

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3862 » by Papi_swav » Sat May 11, 2024 1:51 am

CreekShow wrote:Love watching Knicks fans complain about bad calls and not getting fous

well ya Pacers complaining worked in ya favor I guess
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,649

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#3863 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 1:51 am

azcatz11 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
NotaHypeJob wrote:I can literally see the piss rolling down Haliburtons leg, no way this is an elite pg

He's got a bad back. I'm surprised he's able to do this much. Whenever Lowry has a bad back he plays but his shooting is off and it hurts everytime he has to be out there doing something.

Bad back now? The story keeps changing lol

You didn't hear? Carslyle said it on Hart's 2-handed push on Tyrese's back and no foul was called in game 2.
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 733

Post#3864 » by Clincher » Sat May 11, 2024 1:52 am

CreekShow wrote:Love watching Knicks fans complain about bad calls and not getting fous

Big market teams should get the same chance away from home.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,445

Post#3865 » by DaGawd » Sat May 11, 2024 1:52 am

you will soon enjoy fishing in the waters of lake minnetonka
BaF
Washington Wizards
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,462

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#3866 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat May 11, 2024 1:52 am

Nuntius wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
I am not the one who posted the tweet that talked about that individual call. I agree that focusing on individual calls doesn't make a ton of sense. I only replied to your post because you brought up Haliburton flopping as a whataboutism. That was my issue here. I don't like whataboutisms :lol:

As for this one, it doesn't look like a flop to me either. Hart clearly goes over his back (which is a foul) and then Haliburton falls because he trips on Achiuwa's left leg.

Rick, is that you?

Hali & Hart are pushing against each other, which is usually not called unless it's egregious. Then, Hali falls down when Hart gets the rebound (his trademark Flop-a-burton), and a whistle is called.

Hali has established legal rebounding position (ie, he's blocking out) and Hart goes directly over his back to get the board. That is a foul.

Right, and according to your logic, if the player closer to the basket backs up, the player behind him committed a foul. It's not that simple. That level of contact is never called, unless the flopper sells it and gets away with it.
Didn't expect to be rooting for the Celtics, but that's what happened.

Go Boston, Go Boston. Go Boston. Crush the silly Mavericks.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,106

Post#3867 » by Im Coming Home » Sat May 11, 2024 1:52 am

___Rand___ wrote:
picc wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
They been crying during the whole game even when their team was leading :lol:

I think I saw the word disgusting used a dozen times. From the same guys who didn't have a care in the world after game 1.

The lack of self awareness is honestly incredible. Legit impressive. It might just be New Yorkers, but who knows.

Yeah I kinda expected it from some fans because that's what "fans" are - irrational. What I didn't expect was playing the victim part. I'm like christ, you guys are leading the series 2-0 (2-1 now) and 1 game was clearly gifted to them, and somehow they're the victims? This world's got too many crybabies claiming victim I'm sick of it.

I just don't think crying to the media should alter how the officiating is done.

Game 1 was def very bad. Game 2 was called evenly, call every game like Game 2 and both teams fans would be fine. But no, they cried and they suddenly get a bunch of calls going their way, it's not a coincidence. And that's why it is disgusting, it shows how almost rigged the NBA can be in that sense(not in the literal WWE sense) that you can influence officiating by crying to the media.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,501

Post#3868 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:52 am

drekwins wrote:Absolute choke by the Knicks. No rebounding and Brunson has been awful at FTs all playoffs. What a fail. They had this game.

Its almost like he's playing thru an injury
Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,801

Post#3869 » by Najeem27 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:52 am

BrianInPhilly wrote:WILD they now play 3:30 Sunday after this ... favors the Pacers. Hobbled Haliburton & Brunson cancel each other out, but Indy's bench should thrive on Sunday

Hobbled Hali? Half the Knicks team are injured lmaoo
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,504

Post#3870 » by Nuntius » Sat May 11, 2024 1:52 am

picc wrote:Its going to be fun watching all the Knicks fans who told Indy to stop crying after game 1 have a full on meltdown after this game.

Human beings never change.

Yep. And the funny thing is that it won't be from the Knicks fans who admitted that they were the recipient of home cooking after game 1. It won't be from the good posters like Capn'O, cgf and a number of others. No, it will be from the ones who wrote paragraphs about how it's "unmanly" and "soft" to cry about calls and from those who call Haliburton "Michael Carter Williams 2.0".

But that's what happens when you have such a large fanbase in here. Not everyone can be a winner.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Synciere
General Manager
And1: 4,753

Post#3871 » by Synciere » Sat May 11, 2024 1:52 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
Synciere wrote:
CKB wrote:Pacers only won this game by a crazy 3 point shot from Nembhart. Brunson shot poorly and the game was still close. It is not a good sign for Indiana.

Those shots happen in the playoffs. Play the game.

Nembhard has been solid for Indiana im both series.

Exactly. We need them to even the series if that’s what it is. Nembhard and Nesmith were great this game.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#3872 » by stuporman » Sat May 11, 2024 1:53 am

You happy now? Probably nah, miserable people aren't ever really happy, just numb from a dopamine flush once in a while... oh wait, people complaining for Knicks fans and blaming it on them? That's a new one :rofl:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,504

Post#3873 » by Nuntius » Sat May 11, 2024 1:53 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
drekwins wrote:Absolute choke by the Knicks. No rebounding and Brunson has been awful at FTs all playoffs. What a fail. They had this game.

Its almost like he's playing thru an injury

Yep, he's definitely limited by his injury. He's still fighting through it like a champ. He's a real warrior.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 733

Post#3874 » by Clincher » Sat May 11, 2024 1:53 am

theFireBlanket wrote:Thibs really needs to get his guys more rest in games like this. Dead legs down the stretch.

Tough when you're down 4 regulars, guys like Burks and Sims were getting into this game.
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,734

Post#3875 » by Maury2423 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:53 am

life_saver wrote:I am not sure why people are surprised at refs overturning that foul call. It's happened lot of times in RS too. Basically the refs only look at the point where they called the foul...they don't review whatever happened prior to that point. Even if a player got fouled earlier in the drive, it doesn't matter...they just try to determine whether the player was fouled or not at the point where they actually called the foul

I will say though the worst non-call of the game was actually the one towards the end where Siakam was blocking Hartenstein from even defending the rim..that should have called a foul

I know there are certain plays that they can go back to the beginning of the play, do you know when they can do that?

Also that play with Siakam with Ihart was hilarious how they missed it but oh well
Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,801

Post#3876 » by Najeem27 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:54 am

Pacers bringing up Hali injury is a joke
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,697

Post#3877 » by 3ddman23 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:54 am

seren wrote:Mission accomplished for Carlisle. Indy is not a worthy opponent. I have no idea how they were able to beat Milwaukee. Refs?

Ummm maybe casue that former mvp wasn't playing much huh.... don't we think that maybe the reason?? Lol
GO MAGIC
Synciere
General Manager
And1: 4,753

Post#3878 » by Synciere » Sat May 11, 2024 1:54 am

Yeah we complained. But it won’t go past that.
VicG
Head Coach
And1: 2,225

Post#3879 » by VicG » Sat May 11, 2024 1:54 am

Refs make mistakes but one thing we can all agree on is Carlisle is a joke
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,735

Post#3880 » by Meat » Sat May 11, 2024 1:55 am

Synciere wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:

i couldn’t believe they didn’t see that

We’re not like THEM fam.

We don’t wanna hear them cry bout the refs nooo more

Return to The General Board